RMweb

EFE Rail - Winter 2023 Announcements inc. Southern 'Booster'

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, phil-b259 said:

The version of Word / Office 365 (which is a business installed version) I'm using doesn't!

I'm using Office 2021 Pro and this is what Word does for me - 

Screenshot2023-11-26083609.png.238b8b638837e37f885f4c8c851fde93.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, RFS said:

I'm using Office 2021 Pro and this is what Word does for me - 

Screenshot2023-11-26083609.png.238b8b638837e37f885f4c8c851fde93.png

Looks like it's set to autocorrect 'bullied' to 'Bulleid' rather than having 'Bulleid' added to the custom dictionary so that it's not autocorrected.

I've been mistyping 'the' as 'teh' for decades, had a cunning plan to just use autocorrect. That worked until I started emailing a factory in Malaysia on  a regular basis, 'teh' is a common surname there  and my messages were getting mangled. Back to manually correcting.

Edited by spamcan61

1 hour ago, Southernman46 said:

Please can the bullied / Bulleid stuff just be dropped - it was initially amusing but is now just irrelevant and irritating - start a special topic for it if it's that important ..................................... 🤦‍♂️

I supose its just that there's not much news at present, pending arrival of the models.  It could be worse, there could be a froth storm about "just before Christmas/mid January" arrival...

1 hour ago, Southernman46 said:

Q for the experts -

Is this a potential livery variant for 20002 using the moulding for 20001 ?

image.png.8fb57053e1073ff42cef27863db01bc6.png

I am not an expert, but... 😀

"Full Custard" on green locos might not be attractive to buyers. Bachmann/EFE may be testing the water with 20001 in yellow and blue.  If thats successful, then a yellow and green 20002 might be a second run possibility...

Edited by Hroth
Disclaimer...

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I am not an expert, but... 😀

"Full Custard" on green locos might not be attractive to buyers. Bachmann/EFE may be testing the water with 20001 in yellow and blue.  If thats successful, then a yellow and green 20002 might be a second run possibility...

The blue one seems to be the most popular one, I would imagine because you can run it alongside the other 3rd rail locos of that time. Green with custard will be the same, I'd buy it to run with my blue one.

"full custard" not heard that one before but I love it. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 hours ago, simon b said:

The blue one seems to be the most popular one, I would imagine because you can run it alongside the other 3rd rail locos of that time. Green with custard will be the same, I'd buy it to run with my blue one.

"full custard" not heard that one before but I love it. 

Plenty in all liveries really. Most options for BR blue if you want all electric. But even the earliest can be run alongside the 5BEL, 2BIL, 2HAL and a wide range of steam options. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Right Away said:

Apologies if these questions on the forthcoming electric loco have been raised elsewhere.

1. Will the route code lights be “selectable” via function on DCC? 

2. Can the route code discs show open/closed displays?

Yes - same as on the Bulleid diesels. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Right Away said:

Apologies if these questions on the forthcoming electric loco have been raised elsewhere.

1. Will the route code lights be “selectable” via function on DCC? 

2. Can the route code discs show open/closed displays?

Head code and or head signal lamps, as applicable are switchable all on / all off via DCC.

Alternative headcode stencils or blinds for user fitting (from within the body) or a set of open or closed discs (fitted from the outside), as appropriate, are provided.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 01/11/2023 at 20:38, Graham_Muz said:

We are not aware of any verified sound recordings. 

Whilst CC2 had the MU cables from introduction, in anticipation of a possible larger fleet, CC1 was never so equipped so they didn't actually run in multiple. 

5 minutes ago, AlfaZagato said:

Will there be a factory DCC/Sound option?  KMRC didn't seem to have one listed.

See Graham's comment above.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

Head code and or head signal lamps, as applicable are switchable all on / all off via DCC.

Alternative headcode stencils or blinds for user fitting (from within the body) or a set of open or closed discs (fitted from the outside), as appropriate, are provided.

Thanks Graham

Unlikely - the bogie vans were vacuum fitted and would have been prioritised for fully-fitted trains : none of those in the 'Boosters' book appear to have more than a fitted head - one has two 'pillboxes' at/near the front and one, where the full train is visible, seems to have a 'long' van at the rear ( either 'dancehall' or Brighton equivalent ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wickham Green too said:

Unlikely - the bogie vans were vacuum fitted and would have been prioritised for fully-fitted trains : none of those in the 'Boosters' book appear to have more than a fitted head - one has two 'pillboxes' at/near the front and one, where the full train is visible, seems to have a 'long' van at the rear ( either 'dancehall' or Brighton equivalent ).

Thanks for the advice.  Sadly, according to this link, looks like it wouldn't be Brighton.

On 08/12/2023 at 08:57, Wickham Green too said:

Indeed - they weren't ALL converted to ballast brakes ( see appropriate Southern Wagons volume, too ) .................. mind you, if you're thinking of an up to date, hi-fidelity 4mm scale RTR model then, no it wouldn't be Brighton. ☹️

Yet..!