Modelling a Complete Fleet

ISW

@Dunalastair recently commented (flippantly, I'm sure) in @young37215 topic "West Highland Line V4, a 1980's West Highland Line layout" that with 11 Class 37s on his layout, that left only 298 more to go (to complete the 309 built).

Which begs the question, has anyone modelled a 'complete fleet' of locos (or anything else, for that matter) on their layout? Yes, I suppose this has been done for small (low single digit) fleets of obscure / speciality rolling stock. But how about 'mainstream' ## rolling stock?

I think @25kV might have done the entire Class APT-P fleet?

## - I'm leaving this deliberately vague

Ian

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I bought a Highland Railways banking tank, 

Therefore I got given one shortly after.

Then I got another.

So there's 37% of the fleet to be painted and renumbered.

The full fleet? Maybe if I come across them cheap...

I've also got 50% of the fleet of 4-4-4 MSWJR locos.. but there were only two of them.

Edited by TheQ

9 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Just for pedantic clarity 😋

Must a "fleet" means more than one loco?

Yep.

As it says in the original post "... I suppose this has been done for small (low single digit) fleets of obscure / speciality rolling stock. But how about 'mainstream' ## rolling stock?"

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Matt37268 said:

A friend of a friend has modelled all the 37/4’s in ‘00’ I know it’s not a whole class but it’s a whole sub class. 

Also a kind of subclass but a class in its own right, all 4 class 97/3s are available RTR in different levels of detail from Hornby (railroad), Bachmann, vi-trains and accurascale

Edited by big jim
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive seen displays of all the A4’s, 50’s and Deltics at various places.

I’d love to see the collection of all the 08’s.

I know of a local modeller who has a 4mm model of all the A4s unknown to his wife.

• Funny 5

I must admit I'm impressed with:

28 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

I know of a local modeller who has a 4mm model of all the A4s unknown to his wife.

41 minutes ago, Matt37268 said:

A friend of a friend has modelled all the 37/4’s in ‘00’ I know it’s not a whole class but it’s a whole sub class. 

4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Didn't someone do all the Spamcans a few years ago?

Ian

HI,

Back in the day when I used to exhibit my own layout, Manor Lane TMD, I had 'procured' all six EWS Class 59/2's, 201 to 206, in full EWS livery.

However, at one exhibition, a chap came along for a look and on seeing them all on the layout said "Wow!, You like your 66's don't you?" 🤬

I think less is definitely more sometimes! 🙄

Thanks,

Shed.

• Like 2

I've got 12 clans, all ten built,hengist and 1 of to be another from the canceled batch. Havent got a pic of em all together. Ive also got 14 crostis 10 as built 4 rebuilt. And im half way through the class 26's.

ive also got 9 of the GP40X diesel made for the southern Pacific in america.  They only owned 4  but ive got 4 with elephant ears  as built, 4 with no ears as rebuilt and the 1 that was taken over by the union pacific. With nowhere to display let alone run them anymore, must need medication20220709_155516.jpg.72cc5da3c3060aaa7174b6a1633c438f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2