Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Then I tackled the subject head on, but I don't like the sight of those coaches coming round the over sharp bend, unavoidable though it is.

I don't like the sight of that train just about to run you over...

Now you see that's the lawyer in you coming out,I was going to be discreet and message you with the information but you have gone Public,so know the BOOT is going in as well the Boiler should be a 94HP . 

However on such a fantastic layout,I am really being a bit picky getting points out of one loco.Well Pedantic even.

The bit that surprised me is that Hornby did 60067 with the 94HP boiler and single chimney with LNER type tender so that's what puzzled me.

As for a renumber of 60067, it could be 60039 Sandwich or 60064 Tagalie, unless of course you have both of them ,which I think you have.

Your Kind Friend ,Derek.

• RMweb Premium

I don't like the sight of that train just about to run you over...

Don't worry, it is going very slowly, coasting in to stop, so I have time to take a step or two sideways, no problem. What's that though? A patch of oil :scared: I'm falling...... aaaargh.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Now you see that's the lawyer in you coming out,I was going to be discreet and message you with the information but you have gone Public,so know the BOOT is going in as well the Boiler should be a 94HP . 

However on such a fantastic layout,I am really being a bit picky getting points out of one loco.Well Pedantic even.

The bit that surprised me is that Hornby did 60067 with the 94HP boiler and single chimney with LNER type tender so that's what puzzled me.

As for a renumber of 60067, it could be 60039 Sandwich or 60064 Tagalie, unless of course you have both of them ,which I think you have.

Your Kind Friend ,Derek.

You had me worried there Derek, but more research shows that 67 got a 94A boiler when it received the double chimney. Photographs confirm that to be the case, though I found one in Peter Coster's book of the A3s dated June 59, and in the caption he gives a 27xxx boiler number, but then calls it a Dia 107! It isn't - you can see the washout plugs. No wonder things get mixed up. Anyway, I've done it as it was between getting the double chimney, and next overhaul in 1961 when it did get a Dia 107 boiler. So, I'm correct for the loco as running in 1959, but incorrect to run it like that on PN, as in 1958 as you say it should be single chimney and 94HP boiler.

Gilbert 1 Derek 1. Extra time pending.

I do have 60039, but she had a Dia 107 boiler, so I had to change the identity of the one they did in a set years back. 'Tis a minefield, if one is stupid enough to set foot in it. Don't fancy Tagalie for some reason, so that is about number 60 on my preference list.

• Like 1

Kings Cross A1 Bongrace swings under Crescent Bridge with the relief to the Heart of Midlothian.attachicon.gif128 2.jpg

This one started out as a very ordinary shot, which I nearly discarded, but the close crop and the black and white treatment saves it, I think.

Understatement of the month.  Looks amazing to me.

• Like 1

And so now, hastily trying to divert attention after being caught out, we shall have some more pictures.

attachicon.gif128 1.jpg

Kings Cross A1 Bongrace swings under Crescent Bridge with the relief to the Heart of Midlothian.attachicon.gif128 2.jpg

This one started out as a very ordinary shot, which I nearly discarded, but the close crop and the black and white treatment saves it, I think.

attachicon.gif128 3.jpg

Then I tackled the subject head on, but I don't like the sight of those coaches coming round the over sharp bend, unavoidable though it is.

"but I don't like the sight of those coaches coming round the over sharp bend"   Fret ye not! I have seen photos of trains with similar effects, usually when the camera has a long lens fitted. This is analagous to a tight crop and, IMHO, is not therefore unrealistic.

Keep up the good work.

Chaz

• RMweb Premium

Just a couple of images left from the last photo session, but I should have time to do some more later today.

attachicon.gif9F and 126.jpg

The 9F runs past 60126, and on through the station.

attachicon.gif9F train.jpg

and the photographer pauses to capture some of the formation of the train. I couldn't face photoshopping that background yet again.

Hi Gilbert,

Can I ask where the Water Cranes originate from please?

Many thanks

Regards,

Brian

• RMweb Premium

A couple more images to end February, which doesn't seemed to have dragged on as slowly as usual.

post-98-0-57576200-1456784766_thumb.jpg

Another shot of Bongrace, from a now very familiar angle.

post-98-0-51844900-1456784867_thumb.jpg

As 60128 draws to a standstill, we see as impressive a line up of Pacific power as would ever be seen at this end of PN at the same time.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Here is an important public service announcement. The content of the following post has no railway relevance whatsoever. Furthermore, it should not be viewed by those who are easily shocked, or who hold strong moral values. If this applies to you, please look away now, as the owner of this thread will accept no responsibility for any upset or trauma it may cause. A gap has been left so that any remaining viewers may scroll down to see the content, but those easily offended will not.

Our reporter and photographer capture scenes of group sex, in broad daylight, in a Nottinghamshire garden.

post-98-0-21978800-1456913097_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-15921800-1456913121_thumb.jpg

The owner of the property told the Daily *******.  "Imagine my shock when I drew back the curtains this morning to be greeted by this scene of debauchery. :O There were at least nine of them at it, and I was so disgusted I felt I had to alert the tabloid press. This is a respectable area, and I don't expect to find  a load of f********* frogs performing in public. Do you think the tabloids will pay me enough to buy a couple of new locomotives?"

They are still at it, indefatigable I think is the word. We, however, shall get back to our miniature world, where we find a WD held at signals near Spital Bridge, the boards being off for the Down Main.

WD at signals.jpg

Are you sure that's not a real photo from the 1950's?

Excellent!

• RMweb Gold

That latest photo' of the WD is truly outstanding! I have only just seen it - had a really busy day today - and really thought that it was a prototype photo'. Everything about your layout and the photo's which you are taking of it is so 'right'. I look forward to more with great relish.

With warmest regards,

Rob.