Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Can I ask where you get the shed plates and train head boards made please?

The headboards were from CGW, but I don't think you can get them any more. Shed plates have come from Fox and Modelmaster, and probably other sources as well.

• RMweb Premium

My visitor flew in this morning, bringing with him strange alien creatures, which were duly recorded as they shocked the watchers at PN. I thought it would be nice to get one picture up on here by the time he gets home, so here we go.

post-98-0-34101800-1510154314_thumb.jpg

I do think those rebuilt MNs look rather nice, and that other antique has a certain charm too.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

My visitor flew in this morning, bringing with him strange alien creatures, which were duly recorded as they shocked the watchers at PN. I thought it would be nice to get one picture up on here by the time he gets home, so here we go.

attachicon.gifMN and 582 1.JPG

I do think those rebuilt MNs look rather nice, and that other antique has a certain charm too.

I think the Radiator looks at home in the bay, however it needs those badges removing and replacing with neat little Modelu BR SR lamps. Poor old Packet has lost all its pipes and the front coupling, brake fittings and drain c#ck(s). That will teach the driver to leave it unattended at Spittle Bridge even the lamps have been nicked but strangely someone has cleaned it.

I must point out that no ER locomotives or stock were damaged/made to feel inferior, or Spotters touched on the knee during the passing of these unusual beasts.

many thanks to the Controller at PN for allowing this bit of fun.

Philth

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifMN and 582 1.JPG

Been told to come and have a butchers :swoon: :swoon: ......I will be organising a wing clipping event so he cannot carry as much next time he flies in. :training:  If we are not careful he will be bring G*R locos next claiming there is a diversion because the sea wall has gone plop on the beach again. :no2:

• Like 1

OK now I'm officially confused - a solitary duck flies in and before you know it PN develops a distinctly LSW feel

I think i need a stiff drink - which as it happens I have just enjoyed - and while doing so raise a toast to those who help to keep the rest of us motivated, amused and inspired ( whatever their modelling wont!)

Been told to come and have a butchers :swoon: :swoon: ......I will be organising a wing clipping event so he cannot carry as much next time he flies in. :training:  If we are not careful he will be bring G*R locos next claiming there is a diversion because the sea wall has gone plop on the beach again. :no2:

I do hope G*R is not a reference to GER !

Stewart

Edited by stewartingram

• RMweb Premium

OK now I'm officially confused - a solitary duck flies in and before you know it PN develops a distinctly LSW feel

I think i need a stiff drink - which as it happens I have just enjoyed - and while doing so raise a toast to those who help to keep the rest of us motivated, amused and inspired ( whatever their modelling wont!)

Yammas.

Ernest Greek

Gilbert,

I for once must take exception to your reference earlier to our Dear Phil from Retford (HMHC Ranby, actually). Surely "that other antique has a certain charm too". Now we all know how Charming he is and like us all ageing, but Antique is surely a touch strong.

Kindest Regards,

Derek.

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert,

I for once must take exception to your reference earlier to our Dear Phil from Retford (HMHC Ranby, actually). Surely "that other antique has a certain charm too". Now we all know how Charming he is and like us all ageing, but Antique is surely a touch strong.

Kindest Regards,

Derek.

Oh, I see. That's why he kept dodging out of shot then.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It is "oh no, look at that" day today, as you are about to see. Another shot of 60120 reveals that  a smoke deflector has sprung away slightly from where it should be, and the camera has of course gleefully seized on it, and made it look worse than it actually is.

post-98-0-96899300-1510220037_thumb.jpg

then we have another picture of 60533, taken in dodgy light, but look how cleverly I have yet again managed to get  a signal to grow out of the C12's chimney.

post-98-0-34544500-1510220180_thumb.jpg

Then we have another look at some of yesterday's visitors, which I have left complete with bookcases and surrounded by desert sand, for those who like to see the layout exactly as it is.

post-98-0-86250700-1510220399_thumb.jpg

And the result of my knee X ray?  Normal wear and tear. I told them that's what it would show.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Kittiwake in close up tonight, as the final lunch time Pullman heads towards the end of the PSR.

post-98-0-80732500-1510265478_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile the regular B1 has backed on to the 1.12pm KX slow, and another Ivatt brings in its stock for the 1.15pm Yarmouth.

post-98-0-40657700-1510265599_thumb.jpg

No foreigners this time, but there are a few still to come.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Oh well, things don't always go according to plan. I got home about 4.45pm switched lights on, and bang, downstairs circuit gone. Never mind, I have emergency cover on home insurance, until of course when I ring them up. Electrical faults not covered. I'm beginning to wonder if anything that is likely to occur is covered at all. Anyway, no club dinner for me, as I was waiting for emergency bloke to come. Main fuse blown, and a bill for more than the cost of an A3, but at least I have lights again. And I had a candle lit sandwich, as the candle didn't seem to want to heat anything else.

Here we have 60533 starting away after quite a long rest.

post-98-0-55067800-1510352288_thumb.jpg

and then we're back to the foreigners. This is a notanarthur, though it looks like one to me, except that it is black.

post-98-0-13595600-1510352387_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Oh well, things don't always go according to plan. I got home about 4.45pm switched lights on, and bang, downstairs circuit gone. Never mind, I have emergency cover on home insurance, until of course when I ring them up. Electrical faults not covered. I'm beginning to wonder if anything that is likely to occur is covered at all. Anyway, no club dinner for me, as I was waiting for emergency bloke to come. Main fuse blown, and a bill for more than the cost of an A3, but at least I have lights again. And I had a candle lit sandwich, as the candle didn't seem to want to heat anything else.

Here we have 60533 starting away after quite a long rest.

attachicon.gif533 leaving.JPG

and then we're back to the foreigners. This is a notanarthur, though it looks like one to me, except that it is black.

attachicon.gifS15 1.JPG

And got smaller wheels :-)

Chris KT