Summer announcements - 9.30am 1st May

Paul.Uni

1 hour ago, cs233 said:

Will there be any updates on the 170, or is the project closed?

Bachmann 2020:

'Whilst work may continue on these projects in readiness for their future release, no further updates will be provided until such a time that the models are ready for release.'

• Agree 1

On 27/04/2024 at 09:00, Oldddudders said:

Some more Bulleids would be nice, and Dia 2406 in particular. There were 3 times as many 2406s as 2405s, which they have already tooled. And each had a quite separate purpose, 2406s being "loose" vehicles, while 2405s were formed into two-sets 63-75 with a BTK, Dia 2123. These vehicles were predominately used on WoE services, both local and to Waterloo. 

Yes - and in N would be nice too.  Fair enough the Farish range does have the nice later build "deep vent" BTSO, TK, CK and TO, but the Branchline range also has the earlier "shallow vent" ones to (but not the TO of any vent type), and the BCK is only available in OO scale.  Tavern cars (both original and post - 1959 rebuilt form) would be nice too!

On 25/04/2024 at 12:06, Paul.Uni said:

Based on the pre-2020 releases due this quarter I expect additional:

• Graham Farish - Desiro EMUs.
  • Branchline - Class 25 locos.

Probably some additional Branchline Mark 1 carriages, such as the RMB as well.

Mark 1 carriages were announced on Saturday. Looks like the Class 25 locos will be announced at Midday.

• Like 2

What I'd like to see: a new batch of J72s covering the liveries not covered by the first batch. Particularly 69001 in "BRITISH RAILWAYS" plain black which was actually announced at some point, but never saw release. This was a Hull Dairycoates loco in the early 1950s.

A newly-tooled Wordsell NER Class C/LNER J21, with versions covering the class's lifetime from their early days in lined Wordsell green and vermillion to 65033 in BR late crest black.

A re-release of the standard BR 20T brake van in early bauxite livery without warning flashes or TOPS panels. For some reason this particularly livery is very hard to find - there are plenty of late bauxite ones out there, and plenty of early grey vans - but not early bauxite.

What I expect to see: only liveries for what has already been announced + a brand new all-singing, all-dancing mainline diesel that several other manufacturers are already working on. My bet would be a HST, at a price point that would make Richard Branson wince.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The Classix range of diecast vehicles was wide, with an interesting mix of cars, vans and lorries. Their Austin A30/35, Vauxhall saloon, and Triumph Herald cars; Morris Minor pick-up, Fordson and Morris J vans; and Jensen Tug and battery powered milk float are still fully up to today’s standards.

It would be lovely if Bachmann reintroduce this range. The Fordson van is particularly useful to railway modellers - in BR crimson and cream or maroon liveries, and as a Post Office van - and the detail in its radiator grille is unmatched. 

Most of the vehicles mentioned have not been duplicated by others.

John Storey

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I would happily endorse Nathan’s suggestion of the Worsdell NER Class C/LNER J21 …. also BR J21!  And the preserved J21 should be back in action next year.

John S

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Something new coming in the EFE range too according to a chap on their stand at the weekend.

I reckon that'll be the LSWR Corridor's Rob, in a nice presentation box as we've come to love from EFE.  Perfect to go behind that T3 from Bachmann 😜

But I'd be happy with one of Mr Bulleid's Dia 2406 BCK's please Mr Bachmann 👍

PS: Who's doing the G6 ? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

I reckon that'll be the LSWR Corridor's Rob, in a nice presentation box as we've come to love from EFE. 

I was actually thinking more along the lines of another variation of the LSWR van released last year or something completely new.😉

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

Mark 1 carriages were announced on Saturday. Looks like the Class 25 locos will be announced at Midday.

Now we just need them announced in TT120 to completely throw the cat amongst the pigeons! 😂

Luke

• Funny 6

Given they've already announced the expansion of the Mk1 range and the Class 25s it does make me wonder what else is left to be announced in OO apart from anything EFE choose to throw out

Reliveries and reruns always welcome though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They did say there might be more new annoucements tomorrow, but they could be bluffing.  The 25s were already coming so not new though perhaps it's now clearer what they are offering with specific models and liveries.

So far ahead of this announcement we've had:

• N gauge tanks
  • OO Palvan
  • OO Mk1 coaches
  • 7MM narrow gauge.

Leaves space for something new in 009 and I'd like to think that the Peaks and 25s in OO might mean at least something in N from all that work too - like a 25/3.  But I am not going to get into a fever about it. 😄

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, didcot said:

Given Dapols announcement I reckon a second 14/48xx.

Would require Bachmann to not be avoiding new tooling steam models (in OO at least). Unless it was the DJM one in an EFE box. That would be worthy of a giggle at least.

I'm going to guess given the MK1 tooling announcements that we will see IC railtour white roof BCK and a TSO to go along with FO and RBR. (Also with more widespread maroon and B/G variants)

Will also guess a bso microbuffet if tooling allows although this could be held back for a second wave.

With the new Mk1 announcement I'm hoping there won't me any more Mk2fs but these are definitely due another batch.

Will await being proved wrong or right tomorrow, along with other surprises

• Like 1

With the Class 31 in the Spring announcements and I dare say the vast Class 25 range will dominate tomorrows report I very much doubt an all new diesel will be announced.......

Hate to say it but I would include electrics in that too for Branchline 00......

I suspect the headlines will be led by the Class 25 plus a few reliveries of a wagon or two and of course we will find out what models are to be available at launch from the new Mk1 coach tooling announced on Sunday.

Maybe a Class 85 in N gauge???

Well they have managed to get something out of me the last few announcements. So I certainly won't complain if there nothing southern wise this time. For EFE Maybe a LSWR horsebox? That would be a pretty little thing... The third booster maybe? 

Odds are though its an efe 14xx based on the DJM tooling. 

• Agree 1

Dare I say it.....🤣

My wallet remains closed this announcement, which might be good I have other stuff, one in the post and one due out in May/June.

I should be modelling.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

You must of received your summer 2024 collectors club mag ?

Yet to receive mine.  

Not sure why you think that; but no.