Summer announcements - 9.30am 1st May

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Markn said:

A new 66 just to pip Accurascale to the line. Feel like it's now or never for that.

Technically they've had since 2018 to take that 66 tooling on… yes 6 years already.

Edited by adb968008

18 minutes ago, Markn said:

A new 66 just to pip Accurascale to the line. Feel like it's now or never for that.

sigh......

but I m sure it would be a dream for some.

2 hours ago, Roy L S said:

I recall being told by one of the Bachmann Team that there wouldn't be any more 47s for a while, 

I wonder if they have scheduled some more new liveries on the 47 to compete with the Heljan 47 for this quarter?  Given the timescales needed to book slots for a new batch with Kader, and the fact the liveries for the Heljan 47s have been planned for some time, I do wonder if they will sneak out some new liveries despite what the Bachmann rep was saying and the lukewarm reception of the Danish Duff which wouldn't have been known about during any future range planning meetings. If they anticipated the Heljan product was some serious competition to their huge investment and was covering a lot of popular liveries they might have just thought they would go toe to toe with a few more popular liveries.  After all way back they flatly denied any intention to do a Blue Pullman...

It would be nice if a Mk1 FK in blue/grey was announced to follow the previous announcement of seconds, with the bogie pick-ups to allow retrofitting with lighting, together with the RU so my Accurascale passengers don't starve after dark.  I'll also put in my quarterly howling to the moon request for a new batch of FFAs and Mk2fs in blue grey.  I've got Buckley's chance of an announcement of either but if anyone from Bachmann is reading, there's a serious wedge of moolah waiting for you which I'm sure Kader would be very glad of.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Roy L S said:

I recall being told by one of the Bachmann Team that there wouldn't be any more 47s for a while, I did say it was absolutely crazy not to produce BR two-tone green and BR pre and post TOPS when they do have a suitable bodyshell (as seen on the Collector's Club XP64 model which I have). I am at a loss personally to understand how these decisions are made, not least because there has just been a huge resupply of Mk1s in BR Maroon and Blue/Grey which would go with those locos perfectly 🤔..

Simple looking in, but as we have seen, Bachmann aren’t sitting on a giant pile of money.

Every run takes cash to create before those sales can be realised generating profit on that capital employed.

Any business has to balance its cashflow. In the UK more businesses fail* through cashflow issues rather than a lack of orders. 

* in no way suggesting Bachmann are failing, just showing how important it is to stay on top of money in/out. 

Roy

• Like 2

Just now, woodenhead said:

@Roy L S may have been referring to N gauge 47s like I was.

Some Next18 ones in Br blue or TT green to follow the Crewe cuts.

Based on his reference to D1733 I understand that @Roy L S was indeed talking about N and Grafar.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

Based on his reference to D1733 I understand that @Roy L S was indeed talking about N and Grafar.

I was indeed. Although this is a "Bachmann" thread their quarterly announcements capture the entire spectrum of their product range and for that reason it didn't seem inappropriate to mention it here. The OO 47 (lovely as it is) did include two tone green and BR blue amongst it's initial releases, therefore all the more strange that Farish did not following the recent sound upgrade, not lease as a bodyshell was available. Given that the green and blue versions of almost all Farish diesels sell out fastest and probably between them account for 50 plus percent of the N market era-wise, it seems one heck of an "oversight" not to have produced them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

@Roy L S I think they did the Crewe Cut first as they've been promised for years and potentially would have been overshadowed by Blue and Green versions.

Could be, and I appreciate the Crewe Cuts have been promised for a long time. If there was no suitable bodyshell I would get it but there is and so it seems such an odd way to go about things given the inevitable popularity of those two liveries.

Roy

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, davidw said:

Further v2s,  9fs in 00.

Long shot Thompson RF - it's been much requested

There's still a fair few 9f's on the shelves currently so can't see those being redone anytime soon.

On 25/04/2024 at 22:13, wombatofludham said:

I wonder if they have scheduled some more new liveries on the 47 to compete with the Heljan 47 for this quarter?  Given the timescales needed to book slots for a new batch with Kader, and the fact the liveries for the Heljan 47s have been planned for some time, I do wonder if they will sneak out some new liveries despite what the Bachmann rep was saying and the lukewarm reception of the Danish Duff which wouldn't have been known about during any future range planning meetings. If they anticipated the Heljan product was some serious competition to their huge investment and was covering a lot of popular liveries they might have just thought they would go toe to toe with a few more popular liveries.  After all way back they flatly denied any intention to do a Blue Pullman...

It would be nice if a Mk1 FK in blue/grey was announced to follow the previous announcement of seconds, with the bogie pick-ups to allow retrofitting with lighting, together with the RU so my Accurascale passengers don't starve after dark.  I'll also put in my quarterly howling to the moon request for a new batch of FFAs and Mk2fs in blue grey.  I've got Buckley's chance of an announcement of either but if anyone from Bachmann is reading, there's a serious wedge of moolah waiting for you which I'm sure Kader would be very glad of.

Mark me and you both on the mk2f s but whats your view on them in terms of those window frames? The more I look at mine the more I wish they had done a nicer job as they look very chunky to my eye so i would gladly flog my whole lot of bachmanns for some better versions if they came along from another manufacturer......I dont think it would be easy for Bachmann to tweak their tooling for more flush frames. I dont have issue with anything else on their mk2f range and I do like the full lighting on the dcc versions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some more Bulleids would be nice, and Dia 2406 in particular. There were 3 times as many 2406s as 2405s, which they have already tooled. And each had a quite separate purpose, 2406s being "loose" vehicles, while 2405s were formed into two-sets 63-75 with a BTK, Dia 2123. These vehicles were predominately used on WoE services, both local and to Waterloo. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Paul.Uni said:

OO and N gauge club models of DB Cargo HRA in 'Freight belongs on rail' green livery

https://www.Bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/site/search?q=HRA 865K

I see that this model is available as a single or in packs of four.  I must admit that I’m confused by the latter option as I thought only one HRA had been given this livery.  Happy to be proven wrong as four green ones would definitely add some colour variation to the usual DB red rake!

Besides the above Bachmann has just released details of some new Mk 1 coaches.  I appreciate that Bachmann has already stated that its approach to announcing new releases has changed but I’m beginning to wonder what point there will be in having quarterly announcements.

• RMweb Premium
On 25/04/2024 at 23:07, woodenhead said:

@Roy L S may have been referring to N gauge 47s like I was.

Some Next18 ones in Br blue or TT green to follow the Crewe cuts.

On 25/04/2024 at 23:08, 'CHARD said:

Isn’t there a separate thread for Farish N to avoid such confusion?

• RMweb Premium

I was hoping for some more Bulleid coaches in BR (S) green but now that the new Mk1s have been announced I suspect we’ve a bit longer to wait yet. Very pleased to see the Mk1 RB though - hopefully an RBR in blue/grey will be in the first batch.

Too late for me, but the FO should do well if produced in InterCity charter livery (white roofs). I expected that to be one of Hornby’s first offerings but they still haven’t produced it.

Class 47s in Two-tone green (OO) with both SYP and FYE with Sercks are the big omission from the new 47 releases so far (the green/SYP we’ve had had the fixed grills). Surely we won’t have to wait too long for them, please… Bachmann seems happy to compete with Heljan over the 45/46s but so far not with the 47s. With the flush front end regional limited editions seemingly being slow to sell (retailers I use still have some), all these new ones may end up adding to the warehouse stock.

6 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

Mark me and you both on the mk2f s but whats your view on them in terms of those window frames? The more I look at mine the more I wish they had done a nicer job as they look very chunky to my eye so i would gladly flog my whole lot of bachmanns for some better versions if they came along from another manufacturer......I dont think it would be easy for Bachmann to tweak their tooling for more flush frames. I dont have issue with anything else on their mk2f range and I do like the full lighting on the dcc versions.

I have to say I personally prefer the Bachmann body shell to the Hornby Mk2f (of which I have a small rake pending the release of more Bachmann versions) as the Hornby versions seem to not quite be there.  To me, the window frames don't look too bad from normal viewing distances but it's a difficult call, my memory of the real vehicles is there was a noticeable window frame which some liveries disguised more than others, and my memory is becoming more blurred with time as to the amount of work they got during their various refurbishments.

Put it this way, if Bachmann ever get round to doing another blue/grey run I'd raid the savings to buy a full rake of them with lighting to run alongside the Accurascale rake (unless Accurascale announce a 2d range of course...)

• RMweb Gold

Some more Bulleids in BR(S) green please!
Also, a diagram 2406 BCK would do some serious damage to my wallet too if one were to appear in BR(S) green. :-)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 26/04/2024 at 14:04, E100 said:

There's still a fair few 9f's on the shelves currently so can't see those being redone anytime soon.

But not a rebuilt Crosti can we please have some Bachmann.

• Like 2