The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Afternoon Awl,

Now if this machine can be stopped by a little condensation how am I going to be able to ...

A, Increase air circulation to reduce condensation.

Would a computer fan, fitted so that the output fires at the appropriate place, solve the problem? - They seem to be available cheaply enough, though availability this close to Christmas may be a problem

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Currently in my Facebook timeline is an advert from John Lewis suggesting I might like one of the drones they sell. As usual their algorithm is a bit suspect.

Do you live near an airport.

Apparently their algorithm is offering them to anyone within a couple of miles of one.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just watched Watership Down (part one), looking forward to the second part tomorrow. I've read the book, seen the original film and even tasted the stew. Now time to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Thoughts to Sandy and John - and others that require them.

Sort of lie-in but the sound of an approaching train shifted ne from my pit a bit quicker.

A quick glance outside to see something large and green with steam and smoke coming out of it, with a trainload of Mk1s including some Pullmans being pushed by a diesel...

(60103 with 47726 on the rear)

Golf was golfed. Not good, but not horrendous.

The round promised to be very wet, and some had wimped out of playing, but the clouds lifted and we  only saw a few drops for the first 15 minutes and a very short shower.

Final bit of shopping for some big event in 3 days followed by hockey.

Blackburn Hawks go 1-0 up within 5 minutes against the Billingham Stars but two goals with less than 20 seconds between them and 1-2 down at the end of P1.

The next session didn't start too well and it went o 1-4, 2-4, 2-5 just after halfway through P2 led to a netminder swap on our side

But talk about a game of two halves (that actually has 3 periods), the goalie swap did the trick.

4-5 at end of P2 and the crowd hadfound it's voice.

Halfway through P3 and it becomes 4-6 but a very quick reply to 5-6, with an equaliser not too long after. The crowd had certainly got a bit more vocal by now.

Looking like it will be a fulltime draw but we take a penalty with 8 seconds to go and go a man down.

Survival and final score 6-6 - but this means 5 minutes sudden death overtime. (Then it is a penalty shootout)

In our league, overtime is played 3 on 3, rather than the normal 5 on 5, but with the man in the penalty box still serving his two minutes, they gain a man to play 4 on 3.

We nearly mange a score shorthanded and regain the man to go 4 on 4 (until there is a break in play and it drops to 3 on 3). However, less than 30 seconds after regaining the extra man, man of the match Lee Polllit slides in the winner to a suitable response from the crowd.

Work will be worked tomorrow and Monday with a POETCD for an evening get together with friends.

Have a good Sunday folks

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 14

Good evening fellow ER's. My good wishes to John and Sandy. I am pleased to hear that Sandy is home, but I do hope the further treatment goes well and have a positive impact.

No progress on the recent issues to report. I am trying to stay positive. In recent days I have felt like a boxer who, over the course of 2018, has taken countless heavy blows to the head. After feeling like I may as well give up and lie on the canvas - I have at least picked myself up. How many more heavy blows are still to come before I can start fighting back remains to be seen. I just keep plugging away and hope that I can make my business a success. 

The last few days have seen a little pick me up. I welcomed a RMWeb member to the shop the other day. It was nice to have a chat. A five star online review received from the gentleman was a nice early Christmas gift.

Best wishes all.

Andy

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Another day in the workshop and a bit more detail added to the G16. Today I’ve added handrails to the front upper frame extensions. I then made and fitted steps to the rear of the bunker, as well as making a pair of steam injectors to fit under both sets of cab steps. Although they aren’t identical, they are basically a mirror image of each other. They were made by soldering together a short length of 2mm brass tube, 3 - 12BA nuts, which have been opened out with a 1.2mm drill and 3 pieces of fine copper wire. Once they were soldered together, they had a quick clean and were then bent into shape and glued to a pair of holes I’d drilled into the rear chassis extension, below the bunker. I’ll try and take some more photos tomorrow.

John. You’re not boring us with the blogs. Leaving the house without eaten breakfast is something I NEVER do.

Goodnight all

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

' Evening all from red dragon land.

Sun during the day (for a while, anyway), full moon this evening.

Tried a Christmassy variation of my fat free fruit bars this afternoon - soaking the fruit in spiced ginger tea and adding some mixed spice

so...

Polly's fruity cup cakes

post-14049-0-22914000-1545523880_thumb.jpg

Thinks - what if I add some icing when I do the Christmas cake, tomorrow...?

Then a bit of Poirot, egg and bubble and squeak for dinner, and off to do the pre-Christmas shop.  I think this is only the second time we have done an evening run.  Most years, Ray, sometimes accompanied by one of the kids, goes into town on Christmas Eve for 7am start to collect a turkey order and joint of pork from the butchers before shopping for last minute bits and pieces.  However, the butchers closed this summer though it did apparently reopen 1st December.   https://www.seren.bangor.ac.uk/news-politics/2018/12/10/bangor-butchers-shop-re-opened/. By the time I had put the shopping away it was gone 10pm.  Mugadecaf and present wrapping followed.

John, good to see Sandy is home.  Hope all will be well now over Christmas.

' Night all and nos da.

Sleep tight.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Just home after a brilliant party where there was a huge amount of food, drink and laughter. It was Jane's 50th birthday, (wife of friend Steve and cousin of Nick who both had near death experiences in the last couple of years.) Great to see them all happy particularly as it included Jane & Steve's daughter who came home from Thailand where she is teaching to surprise her Mum.

Reading John's posts about Sandy brings you back down to earth a bit but so glad to hear that she is now home.

Time for bed as I need to be up early.

• Like 19

It's beginning to look a lot like....

post-25691-0-23009200-1545542795_thumb.jpg

At least it was on the Idaho/Montana border where we were skiing. The new skis worked well. Whether they are really much better than the old skis might be debatable, but for an old dude I, at least, looked extremely cool. Come to think of it, I don't think I saw a lot of people who were older than me. Hmmm?

• Like 15