The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Natalie said:

m really unsure about whether to post this or not as there are people far worse off and all I am doing is just being a miserable whining cow. But I am really at the end of my tether now and doing my damdest not to od or self harm again.

I don’t think you are whining. Dealing with someone else’s health issues isn’t easy. Moving from a position of being someone’s child (even though you are now an adult) to being a carer/advisor is an added complication.  Getting help and support from outside can sometimes be a postcode lottery. My Mum was somewhat written off until she moved to be nearer my brother and suddenly found that all her ailments were supported. 

People on this bit of the forum have been really kind to me over the past year. Sharing your worries isn’t whining.

Tony

• Like 5
  • Agree 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well it’s been a beautiful sunny day here in the northwest, the workshop door has been open all day and I’ve enjoyed the pice and quiet, I think all the neighbours kids were all inside watching the football. 

The repair I made to the radius arm yesterday didn’t work. So I went to plan B, which on reflection I should have done first. But it meant that I had to unsolder the joint between the combination lever and radius arm. I then soldered a small piece of waste nickel silver behind the break. I then needed to re-drill the hole in the radius arm for the joint. But as this was next to the break, it meant also drilling through the strengthening piece too. Then, using a replacement rivet, I re-soldered the combination lever and radius arm joint. That seemed to work well, but it then highlighted the fact that the valve gear was now occasionally catching and jamming on the slide bars and/or the connecting rod. Upon close inspection I think I’ve been a bit too generous with the amount of play I’ve left in the joints. So I think a complete rebuild will be the order of the day when the replacement set arrives, but this time I’ll use thinner paper for the spacing than the paper that I originally used. Perhaps a couple of small pieces of tissue paper instead of small bits of A4 printer paper would be better.

Natalie. I can only echo the advice that’s been offered by members of this forum. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Busy morning so far. One bedroom door reduced in size and rehang. Shelf reduced inside and replaced.

Cork cut and glued onto fiddle yard board 1 (2 to go before track can be laid. Need to order some points from fraggle rock.

Ttidied up mess, put away tools then off for lunch with an old boss.

Baz

Ps the sun is still shining.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning all, I hope all under the weather can get a ray of sunshine today.

I have been up since dawn, so a fair bit of quiet "G" work has been achieved, potting on butternut squashes and cucumbers amongst others. New roof for "TOSH" arrives on Thursday so after taking SWMBO to the doc's for a steroid jab it's "up on the roof" with hammer, nails and paint brush and wood preserver prep work before the panels go on, I notice the weather is due to deteriorate when I plan to assemble at the weekend, typical oh well. Have a noice dayyyyy

I sometimes unintentionally "speed-read" and it happened in the case of your post Tigerburnie. I missed the "it's" between jab and up - so the thought of your SWMBO being jabbed with steroids up on her roof with hammer and nails appealed to my (timber phrase for all shed aficionados here) warped sense of humour. "Got it nailed" conjures up a whole new dimension :mocking_mini:. Of course I hope that the injection has the required effect!

• Funny 15