RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Northroader said:

Plug and socket in a bathroom??!!! That’s a no no.

We have them in both bathrooms. They have Ground Fault Circuit Interrupterrs in them. But they're 120V.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

Every one has a shed gremlin who hides things.. Sometimes assisted by SWMBO. 

A shaver socket in the UK is also 120v obtained from a built in isolation transformer.  which why they are allowed closer to wet areas.. 

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare, 

A surprisingly good nights sleep,  6 hours solid,  as this cold is fading,  just had a major lung clearance though, Ben does not approve of the noise when either of us cough... 

I spent some time looking at glues  last night,  I've tended to keep plastic and superglue in the muddling toolbox which lives in the landrover . I think the heat changes and vibration does them no good, caps loosening etc. I think this batch will have to live in one of the layout carriages. 

Plans for today, trim to final size the trailer doors,  and paint. 

Assemble at least part of the marquee , check all the parts are in the boxes. 

Then move the boat if required to centralise in the marquee. 

But first... 

Time to hit the snooze button.. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Being on 'The dry side' and according to the forecast its going to stay that way for the weekend. Only problem is with a northerly wind this time of year its bl@@dy cold! Ironing? whats that? I was going to say something about memory loss but I've forgotten what it was. Off to the Chelmsford show shortly, be back later.

• Like 8
  • Funny 7

9 hours ago, Debs. said:

:rolleyes:I have the opposite situation to GDB: "Hair".......and it blinkin' costs; what with colouring, cutting, putting-up (all rather too regularly).......Pah! you chaps, you don't know you're born! :mocking_mini:

A fresh colour and cut at the salon yesterday:

20191017_130818~2.jpg.6736dbb26cc93b79f6850a1736b3fcf9.jpg

Today's hair-up (a vertical roll)....it will stay tidy for several days, though:

1923590514_20191018_1030302.jpg.e4bcc91f391b4e70804bf7245ec0d680.jpg

Need a Triple Like or more Button for this one Debs.:good::good::good:

• Like 5
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Looks like Chrisf  might be receiving the 'standard test' for memory the next time he visits the surgery.  The last time I was given it, a good while back now, I just said to the doctor 'oh, he hasn't moved then' and that was the end of that test.   Tests for 'the big P' are a bit more interesting as you get to draw pictures ( a spiral - in both directions) although the counting down in sevens is a bit more of a drudge - passed that one ok twice but was awarded the runners-up prize instead.

Reading Jo's post is a nice reminder of the luxuries of coming home after a busy night's work heading for, hopefully a decent breakfast before going to bed (if you didn't have time for breakfast during the night).  I found this time of day for going to bed much improved after I'd married because that meant getting into a nice warm bed.

Have a good day one and all 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A quick look in before I set ofc to pick up Ava and Evie who will then spend the rest of the day with us. Cake baking will be the No1 job. After that we're not sure.

Back later 

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I Iearned to iron at an early age, for the Cubs' Housekeeping badge, but gave up over 20 years ago. In a job where nobody cared what you looked like and smart clothes rapidly ceased to be, it seemed a waste of time. My normal wear of T shirts, jeans/combats and occasionally poly/cotton shirts don't even need ironing.  Mrs mole hates ironing so just doesn't. If she really needs something to be ironed I'll do it. This is so rare we got rid of the ironing board, by the local method of leaving it in the magical zone of the front lawn. Anything left there will disappear. 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 8