The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Greetings all from a bright but cold LBG. I am pleased to read reports of positive progress from some of the lurgi sufferers (Chrisf and Rick) and I hope that others are improving too.

Elder Lurker had a televised moment earlier this week - he was one of the children lighting candles at the Holocaust Memorial Service. I assume that someone at his school has connections with the BBC, as there has been no known holocaust or genocide in the South East London suburbs.

That's a little more sombre than my one TV appearance, where I gave my thoughts about a forthcoming Lions test after having indulged in the pre-match hospitality. My friend, who actually knows about Rugby, was largely edited out as he didn't know the meaning of generic and I didn't want to appear patronising so didn't tell him....!

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Politics,.

OK not the political type but the Internal to a company type. Having had several projects very late on delivery, so the company is reorganising, so effectively almost every Design engineer, will now report to a different engineer / manager in the USA, not to a local Manager.

So the Design Engineering Department here as such has gone. Quite where that leaves the American boss of the old engineering department I don't know, he was due in here today to sort things himself.....

As it is there are a lot of very unhappy design engineers

I will now report to the vacant Deputy Calibration managers post, who reports to the Calibration manager here, who reports to the Head of Calibration in the USA. For technical things we did that anyway, but now there is no engineering department to report to, So who's monthly meetings we have to attend is an interesting question.

It's also interesting my Boss suddenly took today off, now he's been looking at early retirement for some time...

If the Deputy is not replaced soon, then they could have no Calibration department, because as you know I'm on the count down as well as the boss. If the company does something we don't like... Byeeee..

and Polybear  - if it it so boring then the management are not taking enough care of their workers.  At work place of employment.  Bored.  Bored bored bored bored bored.

Still, only 38 days 3 hours and 27 26 minutes to go.

Then I'm outta here, permanently.

Then they can go poke it.

Yippee.

Still bored though.

These sort of changes triggers confusion and then they wonder why moral goes and people leave ... unfortunately it is normally driven by greed somewhere along the line that has caused the initial problems.  If there was more focus on the needs of the staff  ...

Edited by PeterBB
Adding Polybear's concerns
  • Agree 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, roundhouse said:

My other halfs latest purchase that she saw on Model Junctions website. Shame that they are closing. She likes Norfolk Southern especially the special liveries. This will join the other special livery veterans one she bought last Summer in Salt Lake City. It has been on the programming track this lunch time, ready for the Freemo South meet in March.

Still requires a few of the sound levels turning down.

NS_911_SD60E.jpg

Nice. Strange, I do not like the NS that much but their R line (Columbia, SC to Charlotte, NC) is 350 feet from my back door so I do hear a lot of activity. I can not see the trains due to the trees but the trees stay. Maybe someday a wireless video camera will be installed.

Two comments:

1. I got the Union Pacific 4141 George Bush in two-rail O scale; I presume that yours is HO.

2. What brand is that "test track"?  It looks adjustable enough to do O.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, polybear said:

I had a similar joker try this on with me.  For some reason he felt the need to don his hard hat, ear defenders and face mask combi just prior to coming up my garden path.  Perhaps he was hoping for added effect.  It didn't work.

Have to ask, did you test them?

• Funny 18

16 hours ago, newbryford said:

13C for setup on Friday at Stafford.

Shorts [*] may be worn..................

Have a good Wednesday folks

Cheers,

Mick

[*] if there's such a thing as thermal shorts.

:o I hope it's COLDER on Sunday when I go then,:D

• Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Nice. Strange, I do not like the NS that much but their R line (Columbia, SC to Charlotte, NC) is 350 feet from my back door so I do hear a lot of activity. I can not see the trains due to the trees but the trees stay. Maybe someday a wireless video camera will be installed.

Two comments:

1. I got the Union Pacific 4141 George Bush in two-rail O scale; I presume that yours is HO.

2. What brand is that "test track"?  It looks adjustable enough to do O.

yes HO scale. I model UP in N and CSX in HO.

the rolling road is a German make and they do it in various lengths and scales but cant recall the make at present.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1