Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Said goodbye to my first cat today.

Toasting her off with a Fever Tree Cola, which is increasingly difficult to find. Not really a fan of the hard stuff.

Have cried lots.

Whoever said grown men don't cry has no heart to love.

You wouldn't be the first or last grown man to cry over a pet of any description, it's brought back many memories, in fact far to many.

All the best.

Andy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

You wouldn't be the first or last grown man to cry over a pet of any description, it's brought back many memories, in fact far to many.

All the best.

Andy.

When we lost our first cat we went up to our church and sat on a bench in the graveyard then quietly drained a bottle of red and watched the sunset.

Jamie

• Friendly/supportive 19

Evening All,

Been away for a couple of days due to work and family commitments. 

I do know that commiserations are due to Sir Topham Hatt and congratulations are due to Rick and Sharon.

Regarding old cars, I did a favour for my elderly friend who was interested in knowing the value of his Toyota ‘spaceship’ with 200k miles on the clock. We Buy Any Car offered £100 and We Scrap Any Car offered him £150!

Im having an early night as we’ve had the nephews for the last couple of days and I’m working tomorrow afternoon.

So on that note I’ll bid you all a good night,

Robert

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

Remember the days when you walked into a hardware shop,  asked for something,  and the man would go for a ferret and come back with what you wanted?

What if you didn’t want a ferret?  :jester:

• Agree 5
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Just to show i haven't been too idle over the last couple of days. Here's some proof. Firrst the newly painted section of the shed floor.

PA070799.JPG.440572f84d7ad98af09e7f55afedb3b8.JPG

Then this morning's little task with ground anchors added to the supports for the swing.

PA070801.JPG.79f8cadab026395f4f18b36041ccc1e2.JPG

Jamie

Space jealous!

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Cousins - have found this interesting and 56 somewhere along the line.

This led me to think just how many we have/had as 5 have already departed, one we haven't heard of since he moved, age wise he may now be deceased, one we have not seen or heard from for over 20 years and Australia wise - one but we have no idea as relevant uncle moved out there just after WW1 following demob.  Last heard of in 1975 after which his address 'disappeared' although we know the surname survives as at that time we knew of 5 1st cousins once removed.  Hence of the 14 nine remain.  

Edited by PeterBB
relevant missing word added
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

John, remember Huw Weldon's Monitor.  

Our first dog many many years ago appeared as a surprise.  Dad appeared one Saturday morning after 'club' and produced a black mongrel puppy.  He had seen it badly treated by the son of the owner, was not happy and said that he would take it with him - agreed.  The very first thing the puppy did was to chase a bird up the garden path and from that time on she was known as 'Beryl the Peril' and lived up to her name.  She would happily let anybody in but not out and barked well.  The plus, a would be thief was trapped and apprehended.

Our last, a Labrador, was being hounded (pun not intentional) by a Jack Russell and BiL took pity on it and acquired it ... and brought her to us.  She gave us 14 fantastic years and we know and appreciate Sir Topham's reaction to his beloved cat.  

In between times two cats were both lost unfortunately by road kill after which it was decided that there would not be another.

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling corrections
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Evening all

Anniversary greetings to Mr and Mrs Gwiwer,

Still in pain from the back now going up into my neck, good thing is i can't feel the pain in the knees from Arthur itis . I have to walk round slanted to manage 

Eldest did his first college teams lesson at home he has enrolled on a course. Where he does 2 days in college and one day online.

He was in the kitchen when I had to let Rolo the dachshund out for his doggie business someone spotted him and he disgrace the lesson for a bit.

Meanwhile it's time to decide which high school the youngest will.go to next summer,we do not trust the high school the eldest went to first or the other one in town because they both let the eldest down. You may think lightning doesn't strike twice but I don't have that sort of luck in afraid 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

39 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

n between times two cats were both lost unfortunately by road kill after which it was decided that there would not be another.

We have said that as well!:yes:

Brian.

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. We had a couple of dogs when I was younger but the last one, a boxer had to be put down at seven years old because she had cancer and was in constant pain. After that we decided not to have another dog. It wouldn't have been fair on any animal later as I live on my own and was out at work for most of the day. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well I’d just started setting up the workbench outside when it started to rain, so everything went back inside. Intermittent showers throughout the morning prevented me from completing the task of re-building the shelving for the shed. So I decided to dismantle the rack whilst it was still in the shed. There wasn’t much room but after splitting in into its 2 parts, I was able to take the top part into the workshop, where there was a lot more space. I managed to complete the top part first I then moved the bottom part into the workshop where that too was dismantled. It probably took longer to do than if I’d taken it outside to do, which was the original plan, but the weather made that impossible without getting a good soaking. 

However, after dinner the sun was shining so I gave all the shelves (10 of them) as well as the 4 new uprights a good cleaning. I then made 2 cross members which will be bolted across the bottom the side uprights, to spread the weight a bit more evenly. It’s now ready to reassemble when the weather is better, hopefully tomorrow.

The rain has once again started to fall from the sky, I’m hoping that the seaweed twirlers have got it right for tomorrow, or I won’t be doing the shelving. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I withdrew money from an ATM for the first time since late May. I still had money left over from that withdrawal, but my wife wanted some cash and I was first to go in the direction of the bank. My method of buying things has changed completely since the start of Covid. Before then, I was very reluctant to tap a card - in fact, I had the tap function removed from the credit card before the current one. 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Morning all, ...snip... but it has fallen by 0.027mm in the past 24 hours ...snip...

Have a good day one and all and stay safe.

That translates to an almost unmeasureable 0.001062992 in! Your tide-board is that accurate?? :o The meniscus would alone would make that hard to read.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4