Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all and a Very Happy Birthday to Rick.

Blue sky and sunshine here.  Sunny spells, patchy cloud and isolated showers all forecast. 11°C rising to a high of 22°C.

Today's main event for me is an appointment at midday for a diabetic eye check so rides on a bus or in a cab are required.  Whoopee.

Later this afternoon The Boss is going out for a while with Abbie & Nicki, something to do with Nicki's wedding later in the year that is way above my pay grade.

Time to take Herself some tea.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

7 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Furrump.

I was nicely asleep when a helicopter flew over us at a an altitude low enough that I suspect it is in search mode.  I hope no-one is in deep poo.  Or deep water.  It's circling now so there does seem to be an issue somewhere.  

When the sun rises I shall have completed my 67th lap of it.  I may or may not learn more of why I was rudely awakened just five minutes into the day.  

Happy Birthday!

That makes you 8 days older than me...🤔

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Happy Birthday!

That makes you 8 days older than me...🤔

Wow I never had you down as a whippersnapper.

I will add my congratulations to another whipper snapper as well @Gwiwer

• Like 7
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning, from a rock where the sun is breaking through the gloom, 16c and dry on Old Farts morning, wow!  Only three attendees this morning, several of the boys have prior arrangements to deal with.  I think we're going to the Big City for a change, I prefer to avoid it but there is a good brekky place on the prom we tested on wetkneesday that the boys want to have a try at.  Then we're off out this evening with friends for a curry, so can't attempt the big breakfast!

Happy Birthday Rick @Gwiwer have a goodun.

Was awoken with cramp in a foot - not the bad one - in the wee hours, not sure what that was about, although all three of the little pills I take have it as a possible - but it hasn't happened before.  Not likely to be salt shortage, diet was sensible yesterday.  Will keep a watching brief on it, it can be indication of other things.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

An early start this morning as I got up at 06.00.  That gave me plenty time to have breakfast and take my medication 30 minutes afterwards before going out.  I even had time to put photos on here and flickr.

The reason was to take the car to the garage for 08.00 to have a wheel refinished under the tyre/wheel/paint warranty which I took out when I bought the car.  The wheel got damaged when I was parking - I didn't actually curb it as such but I didn't notice the pothole right by the curb, the wheel went into it and just far enough sideways to catch the curb.  I left home at 07.30 as it  takes about 30 minutes to get to the garage because of the morning traffic.  What traffic?  I was there by 07.50.  Apparently so many people work at home, especially on Fridays, that there are fewer cars about.

Things, including traffic have changed since 2005 when I retired from full time work, after then I worked part time, mainly from home and went to the school only when I needed to see people as I was doing IT admin things, it was actually easier to do most of it from home.  I suppose I was a very early example of WFH.

I now have a courtesy car for the day, the next model down from mine, I am pleased I bought the one I did.

All being well today will be yet more scanning and a bit of gardening.  At the moment though it is dull and cold so the gardening may be a bit later.

When the car is ready the garage will ring me so I can go and collect it.

David

• Like 19

Popped out early to throw a greeting card in the post and had a quick canter around Sainsbugs while I was out. I did notice quite a bit of traffic on the road, some was definitely commuter, but the majority on the way back were Mad Mumsies* on the Skool Run...

* Lemmings, I tell you!!!!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

40 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Wow I never had you down as a whippersnapper.

I will add my congratulations to another whipper snapper as well @Gwiwer

I must say that I don't IDENTIFY as a "whippersnapper"!  🤪

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

First off, birthday wishes to @Gwiwer, you’re only 15 months younger than me! 

The sun is trying its hardest to shine, but the clouds are determined to prevent it happening. Anyway, I’m hoping the sun wins, as I’ll shortly be setting off for the butchers for the weekly meat rations and a pork pie for today’s dinner. Then it’ll be the weekly visit to the Trafford Centre for a few more bits and pieces. I’ll also have a walk to WHS to see what magazines they have to tempt me with. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Morning all.

Happy birthday to Rick. 
It is sunny here.  Apparently a gardening day. Like Bob, I seem to get my diabetic eye tests on sunny days. Mine was last week and the results letter came yesterday. No diabetic retinopathy. 
Parcels may be arriving, I don’t think any are for me. 
Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A good night last night, no interruptions again but the knee has started playing up since breakfast so pills have been taken. Will be expecting a telephone call from the surgery re. the above mentioned knee to see if a visit to the osteopath can be done as soon as.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I had the call back from the surgery, next thing is an X-ray of my knee.

From having one knee trashed when a car ran into me because I was selfishly using   a zebra crossing , and the other one compromised  due to running marathons, I'd suggest  an MRI is the  most effective thing to be asking for...

(Wow - 10 minutes into 2nd quarter, complete turn around. you can't walk away for a second!)

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 9
  • Agree 7

24 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Friday night AFL compliant  game accompaniment:

image.png.cf5cbc5adb162d547186175e39972264.png

Note this is a pre-cooked picture not a "serving Suggestion" - I'm not a Collingwood supporter!

I also knocked up some non-freezer chips - using  @iL Dottoreapproved actual potatoes, double cooked in coconut oil.

Who likes @iL Dottoreactual potato double cooked in coconut oil chips??

Gary The Parrot likes  @iL Dottoreactual potato double cooked in coconut oil chips!

image.png.9bc3f6cf02b74fb517b6609957986c91.png 

Gary The Parrot is even weirder than his "owner"...

Have a fun evening!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all and a Very Happy Birthday to Rick.

Blue sky and sunshine here.  Sunny spells, patchy cloud and isolated showers all forecast. 11°C rising to a high of 22°C.

Today's main event for me is an appointment at midday for a diabetic eye check so rides on a bus or in a cab are required.  Whoopee.

Later this afternoon The Boss is going out for a while with Abbie & Nicki, something to do with Nicki's wedding later in the year that is way above my pay grade.

Time to take Herself some tea.

Have a good one,

Bob.

You’re all lined up for cheque signing duties.  Be afraid….

38 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

From having one knee trashed when a car ran into me because I was selfishly using   a zebra crossing , and the other one compromised  due to running marathons, I'd suggest  an MRI is the  most effective thing to be asking for...

Docs don’t like them cos’ they cost oodles

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12