The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Off to see Sister Dracs happy helper this morning then got earnings of crusts to do.

Weather this week looks a bit changeable but I only have games on Tuesday and Thursday which may be OK.

Enjoy your Monday!

Baz

• Like 1

A much cooler start this morning, temperature barely into double figures, so back into long trousers for our walk this morning. I'm wondering if I will get any work done in the garden before the promised rain arrives. Our first relatively dry day looks like being Wednesday, so might even get to venture into the train room. I also have an awful lot of photocopying to do for a cousin. It's so tedious that I am doing it in relatively small batches.

I sympathise with your insomnia Ed. What is it the suddenly sets the brain off working overtime when all you want to do is go to sleep? Fortunately I only get occasional attacks (one last week) and they rarely last for more than one or two consecutive nights.

Hope the week goes well with you all.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I shall be phoning the dentist later. We did have a lovely time yesterday but at lunch one of my molars cracked in half. This was somewhat uncomfortable even with a cocktail of analgesics last night but is somewhat better this morning as the wobbly half is out. My dentist can decide what to do with the other half molar!

Otherwise just routine tasks today. I suspect Matthew will occupy the dining room to get on with his dissertation preparation.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very sorry to hear your sad news Dick. There seems to be too much of it at the moment.

Fine dry sunny start to the day and it should stay like that.

I am supposed to have made an early start lifting floorboards but have not yet got a round tuit. I expect I will eventually.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Morning All,

I am a little later on parade this morning, having been to see the Ophthalmologist.  The good news is that my eye pressure is down significantly, but I still need to go back in three months because my lenses are still somewhat inflamed.  I guess that is what comes of sitting in front of a screen all day long.

The weather over the weekend was savage.  It got up to 42°C on Saturday, which to be honest, precluded doing anything.  Yesterday was a little cooler, and there were a few rumbles of thunder yesterday evening (although the storm didn't reach us).  At the moment, the temperature is quite pleasant.

Wonderful to read your tales of celebrity status, Jock.  I'm with everyone else on this one.  The generosity in your posts knows no bounds and I'm glad you had a lovely day.

Absolutely - if there were more people in the world like Jock, then the world would be a much better place.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 4

I got the sad news yesterday that a long-time member had died. She was diagnosed with leukaemia last year, and treatment had gone well and she had been declared clear, but the disease had spread unknown into her lungs. She was admitted to hospital for what was thought to be a chest infection, but was gone in a week. A good, intelligent, caring woman who had devoted her spare time to others for years. A sad loss.

Sorry to hear that Dick.

Please excuse my clicking the "Funny" button - Why is it that you always seem to miss the button at the most inappropriate times?!?

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all from red dragon land.

Cloudy and windy with rain forecast for later, apparently.

I think it's going to be one of those make-it-up-as-you-go-along days.

Need to do some shopping for starters though....

Sorry to hear of more sad news coming in today but hope everyone's day pans out OK.

Well I will say today for all of you will be a good day as it is now 5.30pm and has been a good day for me! 2 kids very happy, 1 dog exhausted (he loves the off leash park) and I am going to sit down to some modelling now... Feels like a Sunday to me but today has been the start of a week and a half of holidays! I hope the new job I start then will last me longer than the last few. The other half has been at work and is happy. So all round look forward to a good day!

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

ERs really started out as such when most of us had to be up early.

Perhaps we could call it ERIC - Early Risers Insomnia Class(mates)

Edited by southern42
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I seem to have recovered quite well from the weekends exertions and no disasters or panics as far as I am aware. Sorry to here about your friend Smiffy, it comes as more of a shock when you think all the troubles are over, the same with my mother, she was in remission for one cancer when it re-appeared somewhere else and wasn't discovered until far too late.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Doug N, the 'off the leash' park sounds like a great idea. I don't have a dog myself but ER's abounds with dog owners many of whom would love the idea. It all depends I suppose on the training/temperament of the dog.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Still here contemplating starting work. I have now got all the tools etc in the correct room so thought I'd stop for coffee. No wonder I never get anything done!

Just had a message from grandson Joe who is currently en route to Amsterdam on a school trip. Regular ERs may remember that he is Type 1 diabetic. This is the furthest he's been away from home and parents so Nicki was a bit worried but after meeting the teacher i/c she is a lot happier. He is well aware of Joe's problem and what to look for. I suppose I can understand her concern but Joe has proved over the last few years that he is very capable of dealing with his blood testing and calculating insulin doses. I think I would be more concerned about a 13 year old boy's natural curiosity and the opportunities for window shopping in that city!  :jester:

Edited by grandadbob

• RMweb Premium

woohoo!  visit to Sister Dracs assistant safely completed... early!  (the stupids students have left Headingley so the locals can now get doctors' appointments easier!). 

Blood pressure fine!

Weight - OK keep up the diet :-(

Sugar levels - OK in Litmus test  - more on the blood test later

Pulse - good...

seems like there is life in the old dog yet!

New tablets are causing some problems but this will, apparently, wear off... I hope so!

Now, onwards and upwards!

Baz

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Barry's post has just reminded me that I had a PSA test the week before last and haven't heard a thing. I'd hope that no news is good news but I better give them a call later to check.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Sorry that I've been AWOL over the weekend, and am now so many pages behind that I haven't time to catch up, but I (as usual) offer generic greetings/commiserations/congratulations as required.  Busy weekend meant that the on switch of the laptop didn't get a look in, so I didn't manage any RMWebbing since my hopes to revisit on Friday. 

Car bumper is mended, and I can't see where the damage was, and the guy did the work quickly and efficiently.  I was quite amazed by the result.

New fridge is due today, what a waste as the one we have is still a good machine, and only needs a door seal, if only they could find one.

Lily id due at the vet's tonight for a review of her ears, which are looking a lot better.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Bob, at our GP surgery no news is good news! They contact you the day after most blood tests if necessary. One of the GP relatives is not a happy bunny at the moment. He managed to stab himself with a needle that he had just used to take a blood sample from someone with hepatitis C. He is waiting for his result now.

Edited by Tony_S

............Just had a message from grandson Joe who is currently en route to Amsterdam on a school trip. ..................... I think I would be more concerned about a 13 year old boy's natural curiosity and the opportunities for window shopping in that city! :jester:

That reminds me of a family holiday when we spent a day walking around Amsterdam. Unexpectedly we found ourselves outside a large window where a scantily attired female was posing.

Our twelve year old son enquired, "Why is she doing that?"

I replied, "I think she's selling her wares!" to which he responded,

"Do you mean her underwear?!"

Well, they say travel broadens the mind ......... !

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

JUst done a backspace as I saw mentions of one of Jock's postings, and was very moved to read it.  I cannot think that anybody would see such a humbling post to be boring, and the stoicism with which Jock is facing his cancer, also how supportive he is to others and their problems.  Long may it continue.

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Well some gardeneering was fitted among various other things yesterday and more will follow today - I'm told.

And yes Bob I too would worry about that with a 13 year old, especially in view of the experience we had with our lad.  There we were walking along a  quiet street with a couple of those windows and laddo duly concentrated on watching the nice mature looking lady in one of them - and promptly walked into a bollard which was just the right height to catch him in a rather painful spot.  I think his pain and embarassment got even worse when his mum and I suggested that as said lady was looking rather concerned at his fate maybe he should go and ask her to rub it better; he turned down that idea and hobbled on with us.

Have a  good day folks

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 2

And yes Bob I too would worry about that with a 13 year old, especially in view of the experience we had with our lad.  There we were walking along a  quiet street with a couple of those windows and laddo duly concentrated on watching the nice mature looking lady in one of them - and promptly walked into a bollard which was just the right height to catch him in a rather painful spot.  I think his pain and embarassment got even worse when his mum and I suggested that as said lady was looking rather concerned at his fate maybe he should go and ask her to rub it better; he turned down that idea and hobbled on with us.

Any comments from his sister?

B

• Like 1