The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

. We were only taking crates for people, no furniture.

I knew academia was having a tough time like everyone else, but keeping people in crates adds a new level. Sheesh.

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

... But, should I aim to do things I did when I was younger again and probably look daft and make a fool of myself, or should I just accept that I am older and metaphorically settle in front of the fire with a glass of amber nectar and read a good book. Both sound quite attractive. Sounds like I'm having one of those midlife crises things.

Only one rule. Do the things you want to do. Oh, and you should be of an age where you don't give a damn about how you look to others! Enjoy the next stage of your life. You'll be so busy you won't believe you had to time to work.

Cheers

Dave (4 years retired and loving it)

Edited by eldavo
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Show seemed to go well but no information as yet and there's another day tomorrow. Had to shoot home just before the show opened as I'd realised I'd left a couple of fanlights open but made it back in time (just) but inevitably I had lost my parking space, which was in the shade in the afternoon, so having to park the car in another spot the car was like an oven by going home time. Last nights storm passed right over with heavy rain and thunder but some who came from Southend seem to have missed the worst of it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

BoD divennt fesh yerself!
Do what you fancy but with due thought on how your body will be afterwards.

That assumes of course that you have any time to do anything!

Have a good sleep everyone!

More playing with a trainset tomorrow!

Baz

edited to sort out the strange workings of my KoBo

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 12

Evening/Morning all,

Just got to bed having survived the day and regret I haven't had a chance to catch up so all the usual noises! I am completely drained emotionally and physically. I will attempt to explain why at some point tomorrow. All the hundreds of relay participants are still walking - all to keep people like me going, they will continue until mid-day tomorrow! I'll probably go back to applaud them to the finish tomorrow so may be late on parade.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Good evening all . . .

Last night's storm. . .Didn't get off to sleep till about 2.00am , ,Long before it started. Woke up by a VERY LOUD THUNDERCLAP about 5.00am but couldn't be 4rsed so " rowllled ower" and went back to sleep..and so missed the best bits apparently.

Shildon was famp and doggy. . .bought a N gauge "hos box"   . . .AND. . . .a piece of coffee cake.

Time for Bed said Zebedee so . . . . 

Goodnight all and Pleasant Dreams.

John

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Bit of a thunder-boomer passed through some time after 1.30 but it's getting hot again regardless. Will have to go to bed fairly early today as I'll need to get up by about 2 am tomorrow.

Have a good one!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

A sticky night - and now we have thunder to sort it out, hopefully.

Not much on the agenda if things get wet. F1 will be watched, although boring Silverstone - a flat airfield circuit in the

middle of nowhere with appalling road links - never produces a good race.

Hope your Sunday is peaceful.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Cooler this morning. Rather cloudy too.

Someone was letting off lots of fireworks last night but they stopped well before midnight.

We are off to Kent today. Aditi's brother is on holiday there. Aditi's uncle is also visiting from the US and will be there as will MiL and one of my nephews! We will only be daytrippers, the others will be there until Thursday.

Tony

• Like 11

Each of us find our own way, BoD, but I'm sure you will find retirement very fulfilling once you adapt to the loss of structure in the day.  I found it strange, even felt a little lost after the initial euphoria wore off, but having got through those few months, I'd never go back to work and every day is filled doing something I want to do with little or no stress.  Hopefully you will find a lifestyle that will suit you and won't look back.

England beat Germany with a penalty!  Wonders will never cease.  If only the men could do it….

One for DD.   Happy days…. ;)

post-6950-0-31738300-1436079554.jpg

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

I say good but it's very dull outside and I think some rain is imminent. That will probably put paid to the gardening so I may visit B & Q (although I hate the place). After that I suppose some F1 but I usually get bored with that.

The imminent rain is now happening and The Boss wants tea so...

try to have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from sunny red dragon land.

West Shore yesterday - very breezy.

Someone else is playing trains today.  We're just watching!

Have a good day, all.

• Like 11