The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Right to be concerned. You two will be able to keep an eye on him, for a while.

It’s a big thing over here now due to “Sports” injuries - mainly American Football.......

The Doctor’s at Rutgers are good too. Liz has already seen them due to Strep Throat - two minutes walk and saw her within ten minutes. Are they frightened of Lawsuits, I wonder? I hope that it is NOT due to that...

Glad Matthew is feeling better. Pass on regards. Pete.

I was quite prepared to drive to Utrecht and bring him home. However I was happy once he had been checked out by the university doctor. He seemed a bit irritable for a few days but had reason to be (study group personality clashes) but seemed to improve once he started taking the correct dose of painkiller. He reckons he is OK to ride a bike again. However he is using the bus at the moment. He has been warned that it isn't advisable to bash his head again in the near future. It hasn't put him off travelling. After the Seville conference he has had an invitation to Moscow. I will of course reminded him to get some travel insurance!

Tony

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

You may be close but 8 coupled wheels. It had a specific reason for being in the Netherlands originally before ending up in a museum.

Tony

Now let me see - it was built in Glasgow but went for a boat trip in May 1945 although it wasn't a very long boat trip.  Now I have a very strong feeling that if it is what I am pretty sure it is it actually has 10 coupled wheels not 8.

Accordingly my vote goes to it as NS 5085 built by North British (works No.25601) as WD 73755 and the 1,000th WD loco built in the UK shipped to mainland Europe after D-Day having been at some time named 'Longmoor'  (excellent officers' mess - decent quality G&T on my visit c.40 years ago).  The engine initially went to Belgium in 1945, thence to the British Zone of occupied Germany, and was finally sold to NS.

Lookeda  bit dowwdy the last time I saw it in Utrecht museum.

I'm fairly sure that it is.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 2

Oh Dear, this is NOT good news regarding Jock. Not good news indeed.  Now is neither the time or place to go into the medicine or biology of the situation (I am sure that Jock will bring us up to date when he's back). Suffice to say we are all concerned about him and wish him the very best.

Thankfully, the appropriate response to the MRI(?)/CT(?) findings has been fast and let's hope Jock will be quickly stabilised and then discharged.

Does anyone have a non RMWeb contact with Jock (and family) so our best wishes can be passed onwards to him (now that he has no internet connection in the hospital). It would be nice to send him a "get better" e-card to him if we could.

iD

It is the Spoorweg Museum in Utrecht but the loco quiz isn't totally unfair to those in the UK.

Tony

Yes its NOT ME but has the same coat, camera, Hair and Glasses, here's a pic of me on the Std 5Caprotti at Butterly, although I didn't have my coat on that day.

post-9335-0-56619200-1455817550_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Oh Dear, this is NOT good news regarding Jock. Not good news indeed.  Now is neither the time or place to go into the medicine or biology of the situation (I am sure that Jock will bring us up to date when he's back). Suffice to say we are all concerned about him and wish him the very best.

Thankfully, the appropriate response to the MRI(?)/CT(?) findings has been fast and let's hope Jock will be quickly stabilised and then discharged.

Does anyone have a non RMWeb contact with Jock (and family) so our best wishes can be passed onwards to him (now that he has no internet connection in the hospital). It would be nice to send him a "get better" e-card to him if we could.

iD

There's an email address on Jock's profile, which appears to be for himself and Joanna.

Pete

As I now have an e-mail address for Jock, those of you who wish to, please post (only) one or two lines on ER to Jock. I'll compile them (cut 'n' paste) into a document which will be transferred into an e-mail (easier to fine tune and format in word and then transfer to my e-mail system than work directly in the e-mail system itself).

May I request that anyone who wants to pen (type) a line or two to Jock do so before 13:00 CET. Then I can compile the e-mail to him, from us, tomorrow afternoon.

I don't need to impress on ERs the gravity of Jock's recent findings, C-Spine metastases are bad news indeed. But we hope with good care (and modern medicine) Jock will be with us for quite a while, yet.

iD

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

As I now have an e-mail address for Jock, those of you who wish to, please post (only) one or two lines on ER to Jock. I'll compile them (cut 'n' paste) into a document which will be transferred into an e-mail (easier to fine tune and format in word and then transfer to my e-mail system than work directly in the e-mail system itself).

May I request that anyone who wants to pen (type) a line or two to Jock do so before 13:00 CET. Then I can compile the e-mail to him, from us, tomorrow afternoon.

I don't need to impress on ERs the gravity of Jock's recent findings, C-Spine metastases are bad news indeed. But we hope with good care (and modern medicine) Jock will be with us for quite a while, yet.

iD

Would it be an idea to start another thread so no best wishes will be missed?

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

iD

Jock - keep fighting mate. We're all with you.

Cheers,

Mick

Edit: copied into the more appropriate Jock thread.

Edited by newbryford

Yes its NOT ME but has the same coat, camera, Hair and Glasses, here's a pic of me on the Std 5Caprotti at Butterly, although I didn't have my coat on that day.

attachicon.gifMidland Railex 172.JPG

.....some footage of 73129 emerging from the mist at Eardington (during a recent SVR Autumn gala) towards the end of this clip Andy.....

Dave

• Like 11

Evening all. I've had one of those waste of time days thanks to others not doing their jobs properly. This now means that my planned restful day before driving up to Telford tomorrow won't happen. For some reason I don't enjoy long drives after an early start and a long day.

I have to admit that I missed Jocks post as well. Good luck Jock (written before I got to the relevant posts)

Dave - Great to hear that Is only suffers with a minor side effect of the treatment.

A post is now being composed for Jock

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

Just caught up after a couple of days absence and gutted to hear Jock's news.

Not been here as I've been feeling bl##dy rough due (I'm sure) to the couple of injections I had Monday which are not supposed to have any major side effects. Hmm - not so sure about that but my problems are extremely trivial compared to our aforementioned friend. 

• RMweb Gold

Now let me see - it was built in Glasgow but went for a boat trip in May 1945 although it wasn't a very long boat trip. Now I have a very strong feeling that if it is what I am pretty sure it is it actually has 10 coupled wheels not 8.

Accordingly my vote goes to it as NS 5085 built by North British (works No.25601) as WD 73755 and the 1,000th WD loco built in the UK shipped to mainland Europe after D-Day having been at some time named 'Longmoor' (excellent officers' mess - decent quality G&T on my visit c.40 years ago). The engine initially went to Belgium in 1945, thence to the British Zone of occupied Germany, and was finally sold to NS.

Lookeda bit dowwdy the last time I saw it in Utrecht museum.

I'm fairly sure that it is.

Andy was of course correct. I was actually next to it and miscounted the wheels. I am officially a Muppet. Thank you Mike.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

windows 10 decided to install an update..gee whizz thanks Microsoft!

Trip to Barrow would have been fine apart from

Cockwomble drivers (wearing hats) on the A65 both ways

Bunch of lying prats builders who have not finished a job "finished" two years ago... trading standards advised

Forgot Crafty Models is shut on a Thursday

Still in comparison with other seems like I have had a great day.

Now, listen up everyone, I want a load of positive waves headed towards Jock and all others in pain/suffering/under medication. NO NEGATIVE WAVES - lets be positive - certain Jock would want that so lets just do it.

Baz

• Like 9

iD

Nice thought but possibly shot in foot!

He has no internet connection in hospital. Does his remaining family use his RMWeb account or have an email contact?

I, obviously, do not wish to decry our efforts in supporting Jock; I'm looking at the posted evidence and the wider picture. If he can not access RMWeb, how is he going to see the new thread? I'm probably talking out of turn here and I suspect, given those involved, that this has been thought through. I merely, as is my wont and habit, ask the question

Of course, my thoughts and best wishes are with Jock and his family at this time.

They are also, of course, with all of whom on this thread are in need!

• Like 5