The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A'noon all (just). Fingers crossed everything will turn out fine, Jock!

Bit wrung out right now, so I'll leave it at these three images for now as we'll be having an early dinner and I'll be off to bed right after. Early shift tomorrow, then two days off!

dsc00933esql8.jpg

2139-2190 were my ride for the first half, and for the second, I finally got…

dsc00940klpbx.jpg#

…one of the four NGT8s – 1103, 1121, 1142 and 1143 – currently advertising for the different branches of the Leipziger Group. The left (doorless) side on all four has this common motif for all three companies – utilities, transport, and water – while the right side has individual ads. 1103 "Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy"…

dsc00943iyqtw.jpg

…advertises for electricity provided by the Leipziger Utilities company. Actually, I quite like the overall design of this advertising!

Night, all…

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Made it into town today, but took the bus back home. Still haven't had my ears lowered (haircut), the barbers was heaving, I'd forgotten it was half term. The sciatica seems to be getting better but taking its time so I popped into the chemists and asked the pharmacist for some stronger painkillers. As the ones I obtained can cause drowsiness I will only take them of an evening and stick to the paracetamol during the day.

• RMweb Premium

Evening, and my best wishes to those under treatment, under the weather or even under he thumb!

The same weather John Killybegs mentioned has been here all day too, it feels colder at 7c than yesterday's -2.  Wind chill and dampness, yeuch.

Jock, the V8 amazed me, all those tiny carbs!  The exhaust system too - just a lot of parallel pipes, no taper or mega!  That's no silencing whatsoever too, non-classic bike fans!!  I actually have video somewhere of the crash, not very close up, the crowd sighed.....  Lets see what else I can find for your delectation.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Robbie was left at the kennels. As usual he was keen to explore an not hang around with me while I paid and filled in forms! We have done our packing.

Just need to have something to eat and an early night. I think our flight is one of the first out of Southend in the morning.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 4

Evening all!

Five battles with Southern Failway today have resulted in 4 flanged and one rubber tyred. I consider that a good success rate!

I am having a logic failure ATM; our despatch department is about a week behind on getting goods out the door and the MD has decreed that additional staff be drafted in to assist. Yesterday, 3 staff (2 despatch and the 1 draft) were booking in new deliveries. Today, the draft was putting stuff away and tidying up! The log jam groweth! (Let's hope the 3 new recruits this month can pull something out of the hat!)

As usual, my apparently glib, but well meant general comment that thoughts and wishes, etc. are with those in need of aforementioned; if I mention specifics, then I feel that there is a whole plethora who risk being left out, reading the posts!

See you all on't morrow

Evening all. I hope that your day has gone well. I am hoping to hear positive news from Jock.

Interesting comments made on here about the Hornby profits warning thread. Next time I post on there I will make sure I have exhibit A, B and C available as evidence. Oh well never mind!

Today has been a day spent at home other than taking Amber for a hair cut. Sarah and Amber went out to the church group in the afternoon, leaving me at home to get stuck into planning for the new term. The creative juices were not really flowing this afternoon and it took a while to make any sort of progress. During this time I did see a Ronnie O'Sullivan master class. Four frames rattled off in 38 minutes, three centuries and another 90+ break. The man is annoyingly good when he wants to be.

Sarah has planned another shopping trip tomorrow! At least there is the promise of a visit to the beer festival in the evening.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, glad to see the site is up and running again. When I popped into town this morning I called by the second hand book stall in the market. They had a book on the Liverpool Overhead Railway for £3 so I snaffled that one.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Scottish Indian fusion was the origin of chicken tikka masala.

Chicken Tikka McSala surely?

As for Haggis Rogan Josh - been there done that.  Not too bad actually.

Morning all.  Sky is dribbling.  Final day off this month.  Was hoping for something a bit better but if I want a day on the beach I'll be wearing thermals and sitting in the tent!  

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone. Another beautiful bright and sunny day that had quite a bit of frost first thing. The roses that were ordered at the weekend arrived this morning before 9:00. So I had a short spell in the garden first thing, I ended up spending a lot more time in the garden than had originally been planned, but the work needed to be done and they are now both in the ground, fed and watered. By mid afternoon it went dark and by early evening it was raining, it's still raining now! So I chose the right time to get my planting done!

Earlier this afternoon as Sheila sat having a cuppa, we were chatting about some of the funny things that happen when you least expect it and how they can sometimes make you laugh. It reminded me of an incident that occurred one evening when I used to live in a small flat on my own. As a single bloke at the time, it will come as no surprise that most evenings were spent in the pub with a group of mates. One evening, one of my mates missed his last bus home, so I offered him the use of my sofa for the evening! When we got in, he took his jacket off and placed it over the back of his armchair, I made us a brew each and I sat on another armchair facing him And we started chatting. As happens when you start chatting AFTER having downed several pints of the foaming ale variety, subjects can vary greatly, one of the subjects we got onto just happened to be about ghosts etc. And as we were chatting about ghosts, his wallet slipped out of the inside pocket of his jacket and landed softly onto his shoulder. He went a ghostly white colour, screamed and physically leapt out of his chair, whilst I, on the other hand, was laughing so much I had tears in my eyes, and there was tea everywhere! It still makes me laugh now when I think of that moment!

I had great difficulty getting onto the RMWeb night, the page just wouldn't open, every other site I went was ok , just RMWeb, so after 15 minutes, I decided to give up, returning a couple of hours later, but I didn't get the "page not available message!"

Jock. I hope the brain scan went ok today. Glad to see you able to write some more of your epic posts again, they are always entertaining and very informative.

Rick. I love the "legal" team that you used to sort your delivery problem! It's surprising what a good kick up the ar5e can do isn't it?

Lurker. Parkin mmmmmmm lovely stuff, it's just known as Parkin here in Manchester, no mention of the Y word I'm afraid!

Goodnight all

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, the site seems a bit flakey tonight.  Anyway after an exciting afternoon of Stationmaster 3, Buddleia 1  I shall duly rest my seemingly rather strained arm and hope that it bends less painfully tomorrow or I shall be getting the printing press out ready for a visit to that nice Mr Rasmussen, the chiropractor.

G'night all 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Rick. I love the "legal" team that you used to sort your delivery problem!

Rodgers, Tresoddett and Seaman, Solicitors, first reared their heads 16 years ago.  The allusions to socially-popular acts are deliberate.  The addresses used on spoof letterhead and emails have included "Come-by Ope, St. Ives" and "Upper Passage, Bessybeneath"  

Bessybeneath is an actual place name in Cornwall (Google it) and an Ope is any narrow passageway so again a legitimate name from that area.  Tresoddett is a name used by writer Posy Simmonds and in reality is Port Isaac, now better known by many as Port Wenn of the TV Doc Martin series.

A former work colleague had something of a reputation.  Not that it mattered much except that work at the time was in a backpacker's hostel wherein we had a duty of care, were required to maintain single-sex dorms and operated under  trusted brand name which people relied upon for safe, clean accommodation.  Said person was rather too keen on assisting with another sort of care altogether.  Two of us duly concocted a letter allegedly from R,T & S suggesting one of his conquests had applied for a paternity settlement.  

He bought it for a time.  Long enough to look very worried indeed for a few days.  

It's been a handy piece of invention on occasions.   

The delightfully Cornish-sounding names of the partners are Trevelyan Rodgers, Pascoe Tresoddett and Captain Seaman.  C. Seaman appears never to have had a given name.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

After a couple of short nights and then missing one tonight, my body clock is slightly confuddled. Normal service tomorrow night.

[rant time]

In the meantime, with my "normal" work. Yesterday ( Monday), one of my customers receives an email from the DVSA advising him that his test of today (Tuesday) has been cancelled due to "unavailability of an examiner" (otherwise known as taking a sickie) and that his test has been rescheduled for 4th March. Today (Tuesday), another one receives an email advising that her test of 22 Feb has been cancelled and rescheduled for 2nd March......???

My pupils are under enough pressure taking a driving test without the c*ckwombles at the DVSA making it worse and putting them under more strain as the test that they've prepared for is kicked around. What p*sses me off more is that one has to wait longer than the other, despite the fact that his was postponed first. (And not only that, my work diary and future planning is a bit like sticking a finger in the air and seeing which way the wind is blowing). At least I have some chance of recompense for a test being cancelled at short notice by claiming for loss or earnings. But that's likely to take 8-10 weeks to come through as I haven't yet had a reply for a test that got cancelled just before Christmas.

[rant over]

Back on a good note. Preparation for this weekend's Telford D&E show is going well. The layout has been dismantled and ready for loading in a couple of days time. Looking forward to playing trains again.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Had brekkie in the middle of the night but as my shift will finish just past noon, I've plenty of time for putting my feet up yet!

A bit of a follow-up from Sunday:

img_4116qur9f.jpg

img_4117vpr8i.jpg

img_4131qaquo.jpg

Current state of affairs at Dölitz Depot which has been undergoing renovation and modernisation since 2013 and is expected to reopen this summer. Technically, it will mirror many aspects of Angerbrücke, such as by being outfitted with fully automatic centralised route setting for the depot area.

• Like 12

Ah, Hall & Co, remember the name so well - didn't they have a base on the eastern side of Purley station?

Am sure we're all in despair over Syria; was thinking that it all began because Assad refused to allow free and fair elections 4 or 5 years ago - hope I haven't crossed the no politics line too far here.

Haggis pakora are quite common here in Indian restaurants here now, and quite good, too.

Rick, like the sound of Trevelyan Rodgers, keep it up!

Mal

• Like 15

Morning all. Two posts in one to start the day as RMW decided not to respond just as I was about to post last night.

'Yesterday'

A slightly better day and an earlier finish than yesterday so I'm a bit happier than last night.

Richard - If I'd known you were in Reading we could have possibly met up. I was there most of the day and had very little work to do.

This Morning

A clear, dry and frost free morning and plenty of 'wake me up juice' being consumed.

Today has the potential to be the longest of the week.

Hopefully some good news from Jock

Have a good day everyone

Ridiculously warm here for the time of year (8C at the moment), but our daughter in New Jersey seems to be paying for it. Glacier National Park might have to be renamed Usedtobe Glaciers National Park, but we wouldn't want to make a big deal out of that in case it upsets the insane headbangers politicos on the Eastern seaboard of the US. After all, it's not as if we really need science - unless our lives depend upon it.

Colour me cynical.

But meanwhile, I have to admit that I cannot cram all my stuff into this house/garage. A nice man will visit with us on Thursday to discuss the construction of a "shop" on our land. Our property is about third of an acre, but much of it is akin to parts of the Eiger. It should be an interesting discussion :)

• Like 2

Morning All,

It is a rather chilly morning today.  The temperature was down around freezing, but we are frost free.

I hope you are doing Ok, Jock and that yesterday went well.

Nice to see Donk again.

Oh well - better get on.  There's quite a lot on the office to-do list today.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 13