The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Interesting humidity level, wonder what it will do overnight?  Here it is forecast to be 42% at 19.00 rising to 67% at 23.00 then to a maximum level of 83% at 05.00 subsequently falling back to a low of 46% by 15.00 tomorrow.   I must admit I'm not all sure why it should do that apart from the sun burning it off during the day but odd how it seems to build as the night goes on.

That's cos it's relative rather than absolute. As the temperature drops the water vapor in the air is closer to condensing as liquid water.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Its official, today is the hottest day of the year so far and theres a distinct possibility that the mercury will rise further over the coming days. The fan I purchased for use at the exhibition is coming in handy if a bit noisy. Talking of double sided razor blades my dad used to give my mum a pedicure (mum's eyesight wasn't up to her doing it herself) and he used such razor blades for removing hard skin :O .

That's cos it's relative rather than absolute. As the temperature drops the water vapor in the air is closer to condensing as liquid water.

This is why hot weather can trigger thunderstorms.

Tony, I bank with the only building society that didn't become a bank and have done so for 30 years with no problems. I also have an account with B*****y's that currently holds about 32p, this I use if I need to transfer funds via the internet when a suitable ammount is deposited. (I'm still waiting for my inheritance from Nigeria to be deposited though. :jester: )

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Yo Peeps

34c today at 16:00 and 30c at 19:00 I've had 2 showers today to cool off a bit the effect only lasts about 30 minutes. 

I.M Soaked  :biggrin_mini2:

27 degrees in North Yorks. Took the week off on account of the temperature set to rise still further and a stack of tedious tasks needing to be done. Number two son's birthday later in the week so planning some shinnanagens for that seeing as he's 16 this year (better not ask or I might get arrested). And having fitted the Yamaha XV950 Bolt with passenger seat and sissy bar etc a few weeks earlier, we went out to get the good lady a crash helmet, gloves, and whatever else necessary for a few trips out, but they were shut Mondays! Oh sod it. Why does nothing simple ever work out!!!!!

Edited by Dick Turpin

Somewhat humid hereabouts, as is to be expected - tonight's 6V25 from Bescot down to Hinksey will be conducted with both side windows fully open at a heady 60mph.... sod the turbulence and wind noise!

Stay cool (man). Or something...  ;)

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 13

31 degrees in Ealing, and that was before 11am.The office here is turning into a steamy mangrove swamp, and I expect it to worsen over the afternoon. Senior colleague has suggested that a fan might help, a bit like the one in her part of the office which does a very good job pushing warm air around. Pity we don't have a bucket or bowl of cold water that I can direct the fan draught into, because amateur air-con.

I think I would have swapped you today! 18 degrees and rain most of the day. The bl@@dy weather forecast said that we would get occasional showers, so was hopelessly wrong. However, I still enjoyed my return to the Ratty despite the carp weather. I did indeed get one round trip with River Esk, and one with a diesel.

• Like 19

.....Laundry went out at 7pm and was dry by 9pm. That doesn’t often happen....

At the weekend, I've been seeing laundry out at 9am and dry by 10.30am....

It's really getting beyond a joke now. The sooner we're back into a good freezing winter with plenty of snow, the better for me.

• Like 2

My car has more horses but It can only tow 1.8 tonnes. Actually it doesn’t have a tow ball so it can’t tow anything.

The RAM is a diesel. Bit lower on HP but plenty of torque. They say it's good for 3.5 tonnes but I'll not be towing anything close to that.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

The RAM is a diesel. Bit lower on HP but plenty of torque. They say it's good for 3.5 tonnes but I'll not be towing anything close to that.

Mine is a turbo charged petrol and I don’t intend to have a tow bar fitted or a roof box. It would be nice when we go on holiday if everything went in the boot but I suspect the back seat will be required too!

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Well I ended up spending all day in the garden, only going into the workshop to switch the music on and off. Plenty has been done in the garden, the area around the buddlea has been cleared away and a few large ferns have been consigned to the garden waste bin. I’ve also been able to excavate most of the old cable that used to feed the shed, once I’ve removed the buddlea I can get at the last bit and get rid of it completely. I replaced it with a new cable some years ago, when I put a bigger one to feed the workshop and fed the shed form that. But the old cable ran behind the pond, so I left it in place. But, as the pond has now gone, I’ve been able to access the area and so I’ve removed it, just in case anyone else at some point finds it and thinks it’s live.

After tea I went to Salford Quays for a bit of a dip, but I got in the water a bit late and only managed 4 laps, (2.1k) but of that all but about 400m was front crawl! Once I’d got back home I poured myself a beer, tonight’s choice was a bottleof Robinson’s Wizard. I’ve not had that before tonight, but I’ll definitely be buying more of it when I see some.

Time for bed, goodnight all

• Like 17

Mine is a turbo charged petrol and I don’t intend to have a tow bar fitted or a roof box....

The CX came with a towbar; I don't think it's ever been used, but it's there if anyone needs emergency haulage of a single horse trailer.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Today is Dayle's birthday. I managed to foul up by not having a card. Rectified soon, but I don't think I'm forgiven yet. Had a nice rural drive to lunch. First plce didn't take plastic and we were low on paper -- the atm they sent me to declined my Canadian card. Found a place that would take credit, but spent more than expected.

Question. My father used to sing a song fragment to Greensleeves

"...something and Sir Lancelot.

He's hot in his armour and so he sweats

And that is the reason he pants a lot."

Familiar to anyone? Any more to it?

• Like 14

The CX came with a towbar; I don't think it's ever been used, but it's there if anyone needs emergency haulage of a single horse trailer.

Better put a few gallons of ATF in with the 'orse.

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl. Inner Temple Here,

Not surprisingly an absolutely terrible nights sleep due to the heat and humidity. Since we live between the Norfolk Broads and the North Sea, the humidity is very high, or as they say round  t'is who-mid ain't it.

The radio weather womble said it was 20C at dawn this morning, it was 24C down stairs in the house, hence I only lasted an hour and a half upstairs last night, before I sweatily came downstairs to the sofa. Ben the Border Collie wasn't too happy either he kept getting up and moving around looking for somewhere cooler..

The weather is making me review my clothing for next weeks Horning Sailing Club Regatta ( visitors and competitors welcome see here https://horning-sailing.club/ ), Normally I would wear club and 3 rivers race, polo shirts. However I'm going to dig out several BAe (Saudi) long sleeved shirts, much more suitable for this weather.. Along with a straw hat, Polaroid glasses, factor 50, and a water bottle.. The kilt will turn up in the evenings, the draft will be nice...after all day in dark trousers in the sun...

The lab A/C just didn't cope with the temperature yesterday, so I'm in here running what I can before it gives up again, if it fails too early, I'll go outside and chuck a couple of buckets of water at it..

The May be a potato shortage forecast, but as yet it hasn't hit our local farm shop prices, It was £5 for 25kg or £10 for 75kg last night on the way home. Our own spuds have some way to go yet, they are needing regular watering along with the Yacon which appears to be finally growing fast..

A new test box arrived on my desk for measuring, it's got 10 X 1 tera Ohm resistors in it, 10 Tera Ohms, I won't be able to sneeze near that. A 10Giga Ohms requires 20 minutes settling time without me moving...

10 Tera Ohms is 10,000,000,000,000 Ohms

12 measurements of current 100uA to 1A taken,

Time to take more...