The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

You can both rest easy. It was me turning TMS off while we had lunch.

Jamie

It is ok I returned after lunch. I was a bit concerned while I went out and replaced a Euro profile lock cylinder on the garage door , ordinary door not the roller door. Aditi assured me that no wickets had fallen. 

The old lock seemed to have seized on the inner cylinder. I replaced it with one with more stars and a kite mark. 

Tony

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, 

Nice, mostly sunny day, gentle breezes,

First race no incidents,  second race a 40ft yacht  put it's bowsprit though a topper dinghies main sheet..   Therefore towing the dinghy up the broad.  We sped across, but a crew on the yacht managed to pull off the mainsheet.. 

No damage done.. I now await the third Race which is in the pursuit format. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

afternoon all

Have you ever woke up in the morning and thought this is not going to be my day, well the slapped #arse:girldevil: well and truly spoilt mine in so much as I call the police. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A quick hello now out to Mangapps.

Your mate Reg across the road was washing the car and a builder 4 doors down was using a stone cutter on some slabs . :jester:

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Woke this morning to an email from the Euromillions lottery to say I'd won a prize in last night's draw.

I am now £2.40 richer.

I assure you this will not change my life.

You sure it wasn't £2.4M Stubby?

• Like 4
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Sunny and warm here.  Just as well as it’s a family bbq to celebrate son-in-law’s birthday. 

I’ve just set the charcoal a’warming and have poured a bottle of St Austell Tribute.  Just to keep cool, you understand.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

You sure it wasn't £2.4M Stubby?

Oh, yes, very, very sure.

We didn't win that much - I mean £2.40 is not even enough for a new ticket...

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, AndyID said:

My GP just called to give me the results of the MRI I had on Thursday. Apparently the meniscuses in my knee are knackered although that's not quite how he put it.

Have to wait a month to see the knee doc and find out what my options are. 

Did he say "they are shot to sh1t"?

• Funny 15

8 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Wot!

No brown wash?

Some folk in the UK pay good money to get their Chelsea tractors professionally weathered.

This one just did the skool run in Islington

image.png.8ebab22ae3a55c1a34bd564fe68fdfaf.png

I spend $20 every so often to get my old car washed and I can never understand why those who spend $s on any car would subject them to this.  Must be the macho approach to motoring!

Brian.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, brianusa said:

I spend $20 every so often to get my old car washed and I can never understand why those who spend $s on any car would subject them to this.  Must be the macho approach to motoring!

Brian.

I think the mud colour was the factory finish and someone had sprayed a few patches of blue on the bonnet and roof. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 13

31 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Brian.

I have suggested to MrsID that we take her Wrangler for a bit of "off-roading" but she's not having any of it.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a good day at Mangapps. The lad wasn't sure he wanted to go but when we got there he discovered the (ex-Southminster) interlocking frame which is now preserved in working form at the museum. He is only just big enough to be able to pull the levers and operate the signals on display. I do need a new laptop, this current one is on its last legs. A fellow member of my model railway club who is something of a computer expert is going to get a second hand refurbished replacement for me, only problem is that he is on night shift for the next few weeks and he will not be attending the club. Time to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 17

10 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Wot!

No brown wash?

Some folk in the UK pay good money to get their Chelsea tractors professionally weathered.

This one just did the skool run in Islington

image.png.8ebab22ae3a55c1a34bd564fe68fdfaf.png

It not that mucky! you can see the colour.

Thoughts with Sandy & John

Night awl

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3