The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Am tooling around the Bay Area in this through Tuesday evening.

Sounds like it has the 5.7 Hemi in which case it will only produce about 370 HP if you red-line it. Still, it should be adequately quick for tootling around Sam Clam's Disco.

My previous truck had that engine. It wasn't a big truck. Went like a bat out of hell.

• Like 13
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Sunny this morning but forecast is for heavy rain from 2 oclock onwards..just when we are due to be eating lunch. Pah!

Good, close game yesterday but the Under 15s can be awkward to umpire.

Enjoy whatever you do today, wherever you are!

Baz

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Sunny here there is some cloud around it's warming up nicely .

Off to the beach today if the weather turns we will stroll around Arundel and partake in some lunch.

Must get on enjoy your day :superman: B.Eachbutt :D

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue, with the odd white cloud dotted about. Breakfast has been consumed and shortly I’ll be heading off to  omelette the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix. After that I’m not sure what is planned. 

Back later

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

And, of course, before anything else, the usual generic greetings are offered to the ailing and the celebrating.  John (CB), I am still following your blog on a daily basis, and will continue to do so.

Gas man  unable to visit today, as the part he needs was not delivered yesterday due to the problems on the M6, which also prevented him from visiting here.  He's coming on Friday.

At long last, I can have a haircut - as I've said a few times previously, my hair is so difficult to cut that a barber will just cause it to stick up after a couple of days.  In 50 years, I have ony visited a hairdresser, and can number on the fingers of two hands how many I've had who can actually cope with my hair - my current hairdresser as now been cutting my hair for 20 years.  She has been on holiday, and has only returned today.

Won't be back now for a couple of days.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I think it is a sunny spells between cloudy and blustery weather day today. 

A delivery from Waitrose is coming soon. Aditi will be staying at her Mum’s this weekend. I will take her over on Friday and collect her Monday afternoon. As Aditi can’t drive at the moment, they will use taxis to go anywhere if necessary. 

The Waitrose delivery is so that I don’t have to go shopping while Aditi is away. Not that I mind shopping but for some reason Aditi worries I won’t eat while she is away. 

Tony

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings all from the boring borough. 

Stewart, haven't been to a barber or stylist in 16 years. When we moved to the UK my old stylist told me to just get a set of clippers and buzz down to a #1 or #2 (not that number 2, so stop giggling you lot) every 4-6 weeks. That's what I do. The clippers paid for themselves in 3 months. A far cry from my shoulder length locks I had back in the 70s. As I've aged my hair has gone from soft and flowing to brillo pad. Much easier to just take the "weed whacker" to it. 

Other than that, a whole lot of buqqer all going on. Mid summer blahs. I've got absolutely no motivation to do anything these days. Apart from a few things on the weekend my honey-do list has grown to something close in size to the old print version of the Encyclopedia Britannica.

I'm avoiding the GBBF again this year as it has been so disappointing previously. I will be doing at least one VIP session at the London Craft Beer Fest on Friday though. Better beers, fewer sock+sandal wearing, unwashed, tw@ts. If you think some exhibition visitors are bad, you ain't seen nothin' like a CAMRA twiggy evangelist in its fullest smelliest, queue jumping, table stealing, social skill devoid glory. I'd rather drink with a group of millennial hipsters. At least they are functional human beings. 

that's about it. Enjoy the day. 

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 45156 said:

Won't be back now for a couple of days.

‘Your hair  must be difficult if it’s going to take that long.

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The mini digger across the road is still in full chat, they are excavating the front garden to make some off road parking despite the fact you could get a bus onto the existing drive. Muggatee is awaiting my attention, be back later.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 8

2 minutes ago, bbishop said:

and released for good behaviour.  I was correct - it was Tim Hale, masquerading under a pseudonym.

Bill

Thought we'd seen the last of that c*ntpuffin. One of only half a dozen or so online modelling "people" that I've blocked or ignored, even going back to the alt.rec.model.rail news groups of the 90s.  A thoroughly unlikable individual.  Probably second only to the Telford Gnome. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Am tooling around the Bay Area in this through Tuesday evening.

challenger.JPG.415d513bbff9466e46796ef5cf7396ef.JPG

I'm not sure what the yellow tape is for.

It growls when you touch the accelerator. I looked down at the speedometer and decided 80mph was unnecessarily fast. I don't know how that happened. I have to admit it is fun.

I noticed a distinct growly sound when I first collected  my present car. I had to “name” it for the phone apps so the car is called “Rory”. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

And well done Bill - reporting oneself often produces excellent results as Andy usually understands why the report has been made and deals suitably with the miscreant (i.e. the other bloke).

Haircuts seem to be fashionable - Mrs Stationmaster did mine this morning (and fortunately for her my luncheon of baked beans came subsequently), I shall save the prunes for this evening.  I'm not sure whether or not to attack the lawn, the forecast was for rain but now it isn't although we're promised yellow rain on Friday, however it is rather warm out there which doesn't encourage mowing and jungle warfare.  Of the non-jungly part today has seen the first harvest of sweetcorn and of course being fresh it tastes completely different from the c*rp that you buy so even I might give it a try.  The tomatoes have yet to ripen - they'll no doubt wait until we're away but the capsicum peppers are doing well along with the runner beans and onions, and we even had a few carrots last night.  Oh and there is plenty of rhubarb on hand as well ;)

Interestingly 'our' ship is today alongside in Lowestoft - definitely a new one so I wonder if there are yet again 'industrial problems ' at Harwich.  Shame we're not joining tomorrow as it would be a new bit of railway to 'do' - can't win 'em all.

Enjoy the rest of your day one and all and I hope Sandy is feeling a bit brighter today.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Why is ordering stuff on-line so complicated? I need a new pair of shoes so I went to a company that I had dealt with before. Before I could place my order they required the account number from my previous order 18 months ago. In the end I ordered over the phone.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8