kevpeo

Hey Kev, good to see you back on here mate. Happy New Year and all that to you and yours.

Great to see Loch Dour's FY extension up at che Peo and in use.

I've been in and out of hospital most of last year, but all good now and on the mend - it has given me quite a bit of whittling time though :imsohappy: and I've been beavering away at stock and Loco's for Queen St. Layout itself is now in it's permanent home ( a 40ft container! ) which we've got mains power into and has been insulated etc etc, so motoring on with that as well.......phew.

What drew my attention was you saying that you're in possession of an MXULF.......me too........got it after being dazzled by Mr Chetter at Phil Suttons launch of his 24. Haven't got a Scooby how the thing works yet. Got it out ouf the box, had a look and put it back away again.........Seriously though, I'm going to have to get a grip of it, so if at any point you come across any helpful sites or YouTube how to's, that sort of thing, let us know!

cheers

Andy 

• Like 2

What drew my attention was you saying that you're in possession of an MXULF.......me too........got it after being dazzled by Mr Chetter at Phil Suttons launch of his 24. Haven't got a Scooby how the thing works yet. Got it out ouf the box, had a look and put it back away again.........Seriously though, I'm going to have to get a grip of it, so if at any point you come across any helpful sites or YouTube how to's, that sort of thing, let us know!

cheers

Andy 

Good to hear your on the mend Andy. As for the MXULF, I've got a little further than you, and have got as far as conecting it all up! Building and downloading a sound project looks straightforward enough (although I bet it wont be) but I'll be buggered if I can figure out how to modify the cv's and function allocations on a pre-installed decoder! Back to the 'quack menu' for now until I can work out the translations! Kev.

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An experiment!

post-8271-0-52954500-1486296288_thumb.jpg

Behind 37 408 can be seen 27 041, which is basically a collection of left over bits, and has no motor, or drive components at all!  Now I have more room in the fiddle yard I thought I’d see if I could do something useful with it. Towing dead in train is easy, if a little heavy, but for double heading it would need a sound decoder. Expensive, and would need pick-ups reinstating, which would add to the drag!

So, back to the Lokprogrammer, and after some fiddling, 37 408’s program now includes a full 27 program as well. This is allocated to f15, and runs in sync with the 37 sounds when switched on! It is looking promising. Kev.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

After tweaking a few sound levels it now works a treat!

I've been partaking in a little retail therapy –

post-8271-0-57974200-1487777625_thumb.jpg

Firstly a pair of ScotRail branded mk2a’s from Kernow for the 80’s period, now I can run three four coach sets at home. I now have to remember how to get into them so I can fit passengers!

Next –

post-8271-0-54882500-1487777606_thumb.jpg

I wasn’t happy with 26 010’s install, which was with a 4ohm 40 x 20 bass-enhanced speaker.  8 ohm is better with a Zimo decoder, so she now has an 8 ohm 58 x 22 bass-reflex!  Meaty, but does involve losing the cab interior at this end, but as it is always the train end, I can live with it!

And speaking of speakers –

post-8271-0-43297000-1487777643_thumb.jpg

On the right a 58 x 22 bass-reflex, on the left an ‘’earth mover 3’’! Both of these are going in my soon to arrive 7mm 37!

• Like 4

Remember on 'Back to the Future', right at the start of the flick, when Marty plugs in all of Doc's speakers and cranks all the volume levels up to High?......................... looking at that Earth Mover Kev, you're gonna need to stand well back from that Tractor mate!

cheers

Andy

Nothing ever goes to plan does it!

Mk2a TSO's are all air braked of course. No problem, make up an air brake set, as all the 80's fleet loco's are dual braked. After checking the rest of the coach fleet it turns out they are ALL vac only!  So, after fitting new end doors, remove air brake gear and add vacuum cylinders, re-number, fit passengers and add dirt, the two new coaches are now mk2z's!

post-8271-0-67061800-1488104104_thumb.jpg

Here they are arriving behind 37 410 into Loch Dour in a mixed set with mk1's. The 80's period at least has a few more ScotRail branded coaches now.  Kev.

• Like 9

Are you also building a 7mm layout?

Carl

An O gauge Loch Dour may be on the cards Carl! Actually a 'might have been' 20ft diameter model of Lochmaben in the Scottish borders is the plan. We just have to finish Swiss Pass first. Kev.

• Like 2

Kev,

you know all we need is about half a dozen daft bu99ers and we're well away and up to now we have about four so that is about 2/3rs. These things are big aren't they, but at the same time you don't need as many of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or do you??????

OzzyO.

PS. it did sound nice tonight up the club. 

• 1 month later...

Not really Loch Dour, but the big un's coming on -

post-8271-0-00832700-1492337444_thumb.jpg

and on a slightly smaller scale -

post-8271-0-76664500-1492337498_thumb.jpg

one of three 37 401's that we have aquired! To become 37 405, 37 413 and 37 425, I know, we are greedy! Kev.

• Like 3

Guest eddie reffin

You can never have enough 37401s! I'm just waiting on my 5th one to arrive! So far I have left one as it is and renumbered the rest as 402,413,415 and 422! Got a 37426 reserved which will become 405 eventually. Still fancy one more (403) but really need to concentrate on getting my fleet of 37/0s bolstered! 

Loving the work you have done on the big'un. 191 is one that is on the radar in 4mm for me. 

Cheers

Eddie

Sorry for the delay Peter, I was off doing 'trams 'n' coasters' in Blackpool! I was lucky with the buffers as one of our club members had a spare set. Kev.

No worries Kev,

I am not in any rush the loco has sat under the layout for the last 2 years. 

I was fairly hung over last time I was in Blackpool I remember doing a few trams though.

Thanks Peter.

• Like 1