RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

So....... next time you're having a bad day at work ........ imagine you're in goal, picking the ball out of your net for the sixth time, you look up and see ............

Harry Kane coming on as sub.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

So....... next time you're having a bad day at work ........ imagine you're in goal, picking the ball out of your net for the sixth time, you look up and see ............

Harry Kane coming on as sub.

Which meant having to pick it out for a seventh time...

Love it if we can do to Chelsea on Tuesday!

steve

and so to the romance of the cup and for Oldham caretaker manager Pete Wild it must all feel like a dream as he gets to lead the latics out at Craven Cottage in front of a traveling army of 3800+ tics one of whom would of been him with his train and match tickets booked in advance now the former youth team coach gets to live a fans dream

oh my oh my oh my what a day what save what a goal what celebrations 4000 tics roaring us on to a famous victory onto round four and pete wild must be in heaven coyb bawa
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Whilst most of the premier league shows contempt for the competition and their opponents by fielding weakened sides they'll always be upsets. What I don't get is why teams that haven't won the cup in decades still think finishing in the top half of the league is better. Have both and give the fans days out they will remember forever.

Oh well another F.A.Cup 'disaster' for Leicester City caused largely by Claude Puel's continued erratic and bizarre team selections. Why would you pick a midfielder who hasn't played a competitive match for 10 months to start and then replace him with another midfield player who is not even in the Premiership Squad and also hasn't played for a year when you need a goal? 

I'm heartily sick of Puel's disdain for Cup competitions as he has already tossed away two League Cup Quarter Finals vs Manchester City by picking weak teams.

Just the epic struggle to finish 7th in the Premier League left now and probably nine more home helpings of Puel Boreball. At least we probably won't be relegated this season

Edited by cary hill

Whilst most of the premier league shows contempt for the competition and their opponents by fielding weakened sides they'll always be upsets. What I don't get is why teams that haven't won the cup in decades still think finishing in the top half of the league is better. Have both and give the fans days out they will remember forever.

saddly staying in the prem is worth far more than a cup run financialy and as long as things stay that way it will be ever thus

What I don't get is why teams that haven't won the cup in decades still think finishing in the top half of the league is better. 

Isn't the money "graded" in the Prem as well? The higher up you finish, the more you get... Probably easily exceeds the money from a cup run...

• RMweb Premium

saddly staying in the prem is worth far more than a cup run financialy and as long as things stay that way it will be ever thus

Actually, the real money lays in being in the top four of the Premier League and qualifying for the Champions League. Anyone finishing 5th & below are also rans, such is the lure of European money.

Actually, the real money lays in being in the top four of the Premier League and qualifying for the Champions League. Anyone finishing 5th & below are also rans, such is the lure of European money.

You are correct, but Peanuts' point still stands. It's the same reason that you don't get Final Score on the BBC on international break weeks. Only the Premier League,. I and the race to get into it, count for anything these days. I think the prize money for winning the F.A. Cup is about £2 million, which is less than the prize money for being relegated from the PL

• RMweb Gold

The romantic in me suggests that teams in the mid table premier league should be giving the cup a good go to actually win something as well as surviving in the gravy train year after year.

• Like 1

It appears that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence! 

Gary Rowett sacked by Stoke.

I was actually delighted to see him leave Derby in the summer, his brand of defensive unattractive football was turning the fans away in droves and I could not see us any making any progress with him in charge. I think the chairman played a blinder there - telling him there was no money so that he would start to look elsewhere, then take a hefty compensation payment from Stoke who had been sniffing around since January. Great business.

I did think Rowett's brand of no frills football would suit Stoke - they have been playing that sort of stuff for years. It appears, that their fans actually have more footballing knowledge than I gave them credit for! 

• RMweb Gold

You've got to feel for the Burton Albion fans stuck on the M6 travelling to Manchester for the biggest game of their short history. Only one coach has arrived in time for kick off.

Feel sorry for the Burton fans and the players. But they have done brilliantly to reach the semi finals. Well done to Nigel and the boys.

Although - I had a 25/1 bet on City to win 8-0 tonight!  Good job I cashed out when they got the 8th goal with twenty minutes left.

• Like 2

You are correct, but Peanuts' point still stands. It's the same reason that you don't get Final Score on the BBC on international break weeks. Only the Premier League,. I and the race to get into it, count for anything these days. I think the prize money for winning the F.A. Cup is about £2 million, which is less than the prize money for being relegated from the PL

Absolutely 62613, plus the way that the many decades of First Division football (as competitive, if not considerably more so, than the Premier League) are almost totally ignored by the media - I am fed up of shouting at the TV every time a new 'Premier League' record is announced, which of course includes only football played in the last 25 years, as if nothing existed before then.

I think most City (indeed most English) fans would say "Who?". This thread tends to give FW more publicity than all the English press put together!! ;)

I see Pep was having one of his "chats" with the Burton players after as well! I'd love to know what he said to them.

Edited by Hobby