Glasgow Queen Street '88

DavidM

Howdo all,

Considering that the arrivals and departures board were done of a few black and white photos and mostly memory there was only one thing wrong comparing it to sixteen 12by10's pic which was the colour or the black stripes! We had em as white so they have now been repainted!

Just done a quick tally of the stock we have so we know what's left to purchase, it stands somewhere on the region of 120 locos alone!!!! And we still need about 4 or 5 more 47/4's then there's the "I can't resist that purchases" which allways seems to happen! We are on to 5 class 107's and one class 108, 120, 104 and we have 2 class 101's which will be weighed in once bachys are about! We alsoe have in the region of 100 carriages which will and are being all renumberd, having pax added and windows opened then weatherd, along with with the dmus (but flex doesn't know the dmu bit yet)

So as you can see there's still loads to battle with yet :D

Ta for now

Chris

Howdo all,

We also have in the region of 100 carriages

That sounds a bit like me! I have just sold 9 of mine and there is a 45ltr box full of coaches which will be sorted out. I seem to have gained a few Class 37s now. I have got more peaks than any other locos. The destination board looks the part and as you said with a bit of paint it will look great and fit in like the real thing did before they moved it.

Howdo all,

Just a quick post... i know the pics small but it was taken on a phone then cut down... (to avoid copy right infringment!) this is the Arrivals/Departments board before the stripes were painted to show you we were close 8)

post-1189-0-44531200-1336218403.jpg

if i can find more pics ill chuck em up later

Ta for now

Chris W

Chris,

Is this rear view from November 1986 any help ?

47642 QS 15Nov. 1986

post-1161-0-58195400-1336245044.jpg

Howdo Derek, any photos are a massive help there's allways something we miss in other photos that appear in differnt pics!

As it happens we are ok for pics of that side of the board as many many people have taken pics of locos facing that way

BUT if anyone has any pics at all please share em! Relevent to the current convo or just or GQS it's allways good to compare :D

Ta for no

Chris W

Just a quick photo that i like which i came across while a look through the albums. hopefully come thrusday you will see how far we have got with the layout since that photo

26041 stands in Plat 1 ready to shuttle crews back to ED,

post-1189-0-53381400-1336496229_thumb.jpg

Ta for now

Chris W

Howdo Gary ta for the pic!

Ill do a recreation of it for you tomorrow with our 712 and we can see how far we are away from reality :) Keep the pics coming!

Ta for now

Chris W

Hi All,

As promised, a few photos with a bit of stock on the layout. I've just walked in from the club, so these are ones straight from the camera. More to come....

Dave

post-7341-0-22628500-1336601484.jpg

post-7341-0-68918800-1336601485.jpg

post-7341-0-95109400-1336601487.jpg

post-7341-0-34514400-1336601490.jpg

post-7341-0-66284700-1336601492.jpg

post-7341-0-00056200-1336601494.jpg

post-7341-0-72742500-1336601495.jpg

post-7341-0-10256500-1336601497.jpg

Brilliant work Dave!! The layout is really coming along and captures the whole feel of Queen Street well.

Really like the work on the retaining wall, i have something similar myself and your weathering work is certainly something i need on mine!

Keep up the good work.

Rob

The photos look great. The first one looks as if you have just walked in the hope street (that's the right name?). All you need are the 200 people rushing around.

Best regards,

Mark

Hi Guys,

Love your work, the layout is looking great. Nice to see a bit of stock on their too. Certainly brings back a few memories, I remember the Cassy Jones burger bar, for a while they did a nice Lamb kabab I remember having too many of those while out bashing.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for all your comments fella's. We feel like we are really getting somewhere with the project now! And i think now that the 'prefered' deadline of Jaunuary 1st for completion I not unrealistic,

I've just got to get my back side into gear with the stock now. I have the MK2 C's to Finnish which are all bar one sat on bachy chassis now then I've got a ton and half of locos to weather.

We are hoping the concourse building will be completed soon and we have decided that we will build the buildings that run down plat 7 (public side) as this add's to the feeling of the small cramped terminus. Also the colour light signal should be completed soon then wired in so that add to the atmosphere!

Ta for now

Chris W

• RMweb Premium

It's coming on good style now, and you are really managing to capture the feel of Queen Street very effectively - between this, Caolisport and Waverley West, we're really spoiled for Scottish BR diesels.

Not quite yet!!! But i have just about out shopped 37423 in trainload metals :)

Im gonna revisit the LL 4's when ive cleared the back log of carriages and dmu's :(

Ta for now

Chris W

Hi All,

Cheers for ALL the positive comments - it's humbling to know that we're getting it right, and i'm proud of what we've achieved so far...

There's no Wednesday report this week as all efforts have been put into finalising our club show this weekend in Manchester. As ever, if anyone is popping along and wants to talk GQS, please don't hesitate to find us!

Work hasn't stopped on GQS completely though - Chris has part finished a model of 37423 in her 3TG guise, and i've been having a blast at developing some notching soundchips for the GQS fleet.

post-7341-0-90994900-1337203339_thumb.jpg

Dave

Quiet but expensive weekend for GQS, Dave M purchased a Zimo sound chip of Digitrains and 2 bass enhanced speakers which will all be stuck into the SPT 107 tthis week, i also bought some red lights for the buffer stops (the name of the company evades me but will fill in the blank tomorrow) basically there ready to plonk behind the buffers and solder direct to the rails using the current as power ill get a photo tomorrow of them in test. But for £4 there perfect and brill. Otherwise theres nothing much to report untill wednesday"

Ta for now

Chris W

Archived