Class 47 - Painted!

James

What a demanding audience of admirers you have!

I know - shouldn't complain I suppose! :lol:

I always really enjoy your threads and your very skillful modeling.....

You're too kind Pete! Or easily pleased maybe?! ;)

I wouldn't go that far - I think most people on here could achieve the same with patience.

All together now: we want photos!

Seriously James, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

These might interest you Matt!

Just a couple of quick 'snaps' this afternoon - roof and warning panels painted, leaving the window surrounds and buffer beams/valances to be painted. Then details to be painted and cab handrails added before moving on to the final details andc glazing before a spot of weathering :)

post-125-0-37428100-1316015619.jpg

post-125-0-23673200-1316015661.jpg

Still looks a bit rough but hopefully I'll manage to disguise that!

Once again, thanks for the comments :)

It'll be 47 294 which was an Immingham Petroleum loco; there's a nice view on Flickr of the loco in the sort of conidition I'll be aiming for -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwpeakdaleworkscom/5709353015/

It won't be quite as faded as other photos I've stolen off the net show it being a little better around the time I'm modelling - the photos were Fotopic and I'm very pleased I saved them before it went down.

• 7 months later...

I hadn't realised just how long it was since I last posted on this thread! The loco is very nearly finished now!

However before sorting out photos of it here's a little taster of the next Class 47 which I'll be making. The mechanism comes from a now banana shaped Heljan chassis!

post-125-0-84420100-1336749558.jpg

More to follow!

Hi James,

Loving your work! I've had to give up on my 37 for the moment. According to the information online I have a motor that does not need insulating from the can, but I keep blowing chips (wiring has been treble checked), so this has been moved to the back burner until I come up with another idea for powering it.

Best regards,

Mark

Mmmm....a nice big Maxon coreless motor would fill the gap left by the Heljan one.

A new motor may be nice but when this was all in its previous home it worked beautifully! So 'm happy to keep it as it is!

so this has been moved to the back burner until I come up with another idea for powering it.

How about one of the later 5 pole bogies? Should be fairly easy to obtain as a spare and is a straight replacement.

Just found this thread James. A really useful read given my current project which I will be getting back on to again soon. I'll continue to follow your developments with interest.

Jon

Archived