Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi Dave,

Lovely pictures as always. I'm curious, will we see a revival of the YouTube channel in the future? I'd love to see more videos of locos running in and out of Waverley!

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks Richard. I'm definitely open to the idea of producing more videos. It's just that the quality of the video seems to deteriorate horribly when I compress it to put it online. I'm not sure why, because there are plenty of reasonable quality videos online.  

Hi Dave,

Found these yesterday whilst on Flickr and thought that they might be of interest;

8299776885_1ef40f8e14_z.jpg56125_hauling_hst_1st_to_edinburgh_maybe__WEB by alistair.p37025, on Flickr

9026009906_ac1a0a229f_z.jpg56125 edinburgh wav by alistair.p37025, on Flickr

A fantastic couple of photos, Alex. I know 56s frequented Waverley in the 90s, but I've never seen a Large Logo one there before. Brilliant, thanks for posting! I should have known there'd be a prototype for everything.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Very nice photos and more appropriate given the cold dark nights now.

Where did those water taps come from they look really good?

I discovered Railroom electronics at Showcase last year and found them to be a very helpful and useful supplier that I will use again.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks Mark, they're GEM Models if I remember rightly. 

I've had nothing but good experiences with Railroom Electronics so far.

Cheers

Dave

A fantastic couple of photos, Alex. I know 56s frequented Waverley in the 90s, but I've never seen a Large Logo one there before. Brilliant, thanks for posting! I should have known there'd be a prototype for everything.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, a bit of research has found that 56125 lost its Large Logo livery and gained sector colours in 1988. 125 also still wears the Gateshead coat of arms and doesn't have an aerial fitted to the cab roof. So this must have been taken in 1988 or before.

Hope that helps.

Some nice shots, I bet it was cold!!!

Hi Dave, a bit of research has found that 56125 lost its Large Logo livery and gained sector colours in 1988. 125 also still wears the Gateshead coat of arms and doesn't have an aerial fitted to the cab roof. So this must have been taken in 1988 or before.

Hope that helps.

Some nice shots, I bet it was cold!!!

Thanks Alex. Very interesting. It seems to be heading west, so I wonder where on earth it was going. Last leg of a service to Queen St perhaps? Surely it wouldn't be heading far afield?

It looks like the kind of train that would just be cancelled these days.

Cheers

Dave

Hi folks,

Just a quick pit-stop update to show a couple of pics of my current project - some maintenance platforms for the main shed.

They're kit-bashed from Gaugemaster carriage servicing platforms, although if truth be told they don't bear much resemblance to those anymore...

post-7247-0-76429200-1481103106_thumb.jpg

Here is a close-up of the handrails...

post-7247-0-37065200-1481103108_thumb.jpg

Another evening with the soldering iron and they'll be ready for painting.

Cheers for now,
Dave

• Like 14

Hi folks,

Just a quick update on my progress with the inspection platforms, which have now been painted. Just ready for a dirty wash and they'll be pretty much finished.

post-7247-0-18369600-1481748241_thumb.jpg

I've also been working on the interior walls of the same shed. The walls have been whitewashed and reinforcing "buttresses" have been made ready to glue on. The platforms will then have to be trimmed a little and then it will be on to some final detailing. The inspection pits also need to be lit.

Cheers for now,
Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 15

Hi folks

I just thought I'd drop by to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and thank you for all your posts, contributions and likes over the past year. It really is what makes posting on RMWeb so worthwhile.

I hope Santa brings you all the trains you're hoping for. I think he might be bringing me a Model Rail Limited Edition 37 "Grainflow" in Railfreight Distribution livery (well, I ordered one anyway!). I'm hoping for some good quality modelling time some time over the next week or so, but that will have to be carefully balanced with the usual family commitments using all my (limited) skill and judgement, along with some good winter walks too of course. No snow left now though unfortunately and it looks like the weekend is set for some stormy weather here.

On the modelling front, the inspection platforms are now finished and installed. The next job is to install some lights in the inspections pits. There are also a couple of concrete areas to be added just outside the depot. As regards rolling stock, another Regional Railways 150 is ready to be reassembled after weathering, fitting of Pete Harvey's seat etchings, fitting of new destinations, etc., etc. This unit will be used to strengthen peak time services on WW, making the 2-car unit into a 4-car one. A Shark brake van has also been weathered and is ready to be added to my rake of Seacows.

Mainly though, I think I just fancy playing trains this holiday.  :senile:  :senile:  :senile:  :sungum:

post-7247-0-06869600-1482576111_thumb.jpg

Season's Greetings

Dave

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...