Outon Road

RBE

Hi mate, i think you should stick with outon road and just put a sign for the yard saying outon road yard, or outon road yard works entrance or something like that, keep it simple, stay with the name that you started with, i wouldnt go with a exoanded double name.

Cheers

Neil

I see what you mean Neil, but the yard wouldn't be Outon road as it wouldn't be on Outon road. As I said the station is only called Outon Road because its on that road. Bit like say Deansgate station in manchester. Its on Deansgate. The yard would more likely be named after the area or the road that that was off.

I could name the yard on signs etc but keep the overall layout name the same. I dunno.

Cav

yeah thats what im getting at i think, dam pain killers spin me out and get me rambling, youve read my thread recently, i think i mentioned tom cruise somewhere laugh1.gif

what about " Intake Yard " for a start of name ideas.

Neil

post-6894-014197800%201289767959_thumb.jpg

"I'd leave it 5 minutes if I was you"

Looking forward to seeing this layout at both Showcase and Stafford. Especially like the photos taken under natural light- it just makes everything look, well natural. ;)

Cheers Natalie i like to try to get my colours right. I feel ive pulled it off pretty well with this layout. I just need to be as careful with the extension so that the feel carries through. Say hi when you see me!

As for the greenery ive used lots of different media. Mainly hanging basket liner of varying types. A course one i found at the garden centre for the course long grass and a finer slightly greener one i found very cheaply in wilkos for the stuff beside the tracks and around the buffers. I also used a bit of static grass puffed on around the sidings. Ill be having a go at the cigar technique on the extension though. As for trees and bushes ive used natural course moss from my local woods and broken twigs and the excellent woodland scenics foliage. I think i might also try and make some flowers at some point maybe during the extension build.

Cav

There are lots of photos in the 2010 challenge section of this forum if you wanna see more. I intend to do a website but its just proving difficult to fit in my timescale at the min. I will post a link once its sorted. As for magazines i would love to do an article so any prospective editors drop a line haha.

Cheers

Cav

Thanks Oggy, glad you managed to find the thread. I just need to build up stock now as thats really the main thing thats lacking. I've a few ideas for extra detailling too, When she comes out of mothballs for DEMU this weekend it may give me an excuse to do a bit more.

Cheers

Cav

The measure of a good layout.

"is that real?"

"no dear"

"that one is though"

"nope"

"look, that one's real though"

"still the model dear"

"well think they are real!"

Looks brilliant, well done!:D

Lee

(it is a model right?)

Yes dear

seriously that is a fantastic complement and one that im sure we all strive to receive, i can only be thankful and hope i can keep up the standard i appear to have been able to achieve.

Cheers

Cav

Hi

This layout looked very nice when seen yesterday at DEMU Showcase. The small size has to be seen to be believed. I particularly liked the backscene and felt that it had been integrated well with the rest of the layout so that it looked a normal part of the whole overall scene rather than an afterthought as sometimes they are. The bridge area and surrounding details I found very well done as well and another highlight.

Apologies for asking if the track was 00 or EM can never tell the difference- all I know is that your points looked a darn sign better than standard Peco products and wanted to compliment you on them- and if they had been Peco points find out what modifications/improvements you had made.

Awaiting electrification with interest- certainly single track electric OHLE branches are not uncommon now. Maybe a little backdating and relocating to south West Midlands/ North Worcestershire during the changeover period- use of Tyseley DMUs such as 116/117/118 formations and 304/308,310,312 units on some of the services...

Thank you for the fantastic write up. Im just about to kick things off for the second day with plenty of excitement.

With regard to the emu situation Im feeling now that I may have to move the location north of the border a little and give myself an excuse to run 3 car 318s. But much thought needs to be done I think.

Its been great meeting quite a few rmwebbers yesterday and as always great to have a chat. Its a good job the missus is a great driver or nothing would move haha

cheers

Cav

Hi

After spending all day at DEMU i kept going back to this layout found to be simple,well modeled ,run well so all in all my favorite,not to say there was not a lots of excellent layouts.

Looking forward to extension you mentioned.

Hugh

Hi

After spending all day at DEMU i kept going back to this layout found to be simple,well modeled ,run well so all in all my favorite,not to say there was not a lots of excellent layouts.

Looking forward to extension you mentioned.

Hugh

Agree with this 100%, for me the star of the show. Like the different eras of stock used.Well done! look forward to seeing the layout again at the members day.

Thanks for the great comments. As always it was a pleasure to run the layout and get a chance to meet the public and chat trains and modelling in general.

I cant thank Bill Wilson and the rest of the DEMU showcase team enough for inviting Outon Road to the showcase it was a thoughly enjoyable outing and a must in the exhibition diary.

Now the weekend is over I have a renewed eagerness to get to extension underway. Watch this space.

Cheers

Cav

"I'd leave it 5 minutes if I was you"

Looking forward to seeing this layout at both Showcase and Stafford. Especially like the photos taken under natural light- it just makes everything look, well natural. ;)

Missed the DEMU due to Eng Works on the WCML South of Crewe - poor connections and buses from Tamworth- maybe next year.

Very good indeed.

Natural lighting all the difference.

I see the Traffic Cone disease has spread.

Curry night last night? stink.gif

a afantastic layout there and it all looks so real from there, great effort and will watch for any further progress

if you dont mind me doing this i have spotted something a bit odd

i think this may be god looking down

post-7252-0-29387200-1307956730_thumb.jpg

Yes indeed it is (or odd cigarettes?)

Hi Cav. I was at Burton yesterday and I must say you have got the LESS IS MORE down to a fine art. I keep being told by my friends that I need to take out my 20 way point! Lovely operation and great scenery well done. Andy.

Archived