Dapol 'Western'

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

I don't have the book to hand here at work, but are any of those shots on Agfa CT18 ? Pics of maroon Westerns and Warships on CT18 tend to look far more a 'plum' shade of maroon than those taken on Kodachrome, especially if the slides have been stored for 40-50 years in less than ideal conditions. I know Hugh Dady is a stickler for ensuring shots of the highest quality end up in books with his name on the cover, but you can only work with whats available - no chance of going back and reshooting.

STEVE

The film stock used is not quoted

Apologies if I've missed it but I'm getting confused with how many machines are being released so can someone please post a current planned model production list.

I'm really looking forward to this one and don't want to miss out on a potential purchase because I didn't know about it!

Thanks

Martin

Thanks Dave, that's great.

Sorry to be a pain but any chance you could confirm relative to that list the colour schemes and running nos?

Martin

You'll probably want the prices too, Martin... which have a £50+ range (Hattons compared to Steam Swindon)... so maybe a visit to each of the web sites will be necessary. Took me about 5 mins to get all the info.

• Like 1

Do the new DCC fitted locos also come with blanking chips so they can run on DC?

I'v noticed on various online stores that for certain Dapol DCC fitted locos (including the 'Western') you get a DCC chip for what works out to be less than £10. Seems quite a bargain, however I am not yet set up to run on DCC but intend on doing so in the future.

A quick reminder to let you know that the Western Locomotive Association Limited Edition 'Western Courier' is selling well. Ensure that YOU do not miss out on this exclusive model... and all profits go to D1062 !!

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of D1062 Western Courier in 2013, the Western Locomotive Association has commissioned a limited edition model of D1062 from Dapol.

This model has been eagerly awaited by enthusiasts and promises to be the most accurate and realistic model of a class 52 ever produced in 00 gauge.

Just 150 examples of this superb model of Western Courier will be produced by Dapol and it will be exclusive to the Western Locomotive Association. It will be presented in an attractive box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.

All profits from the sale of this model will go to support the continued preservation of D1062 and return to the mainline.

To purchase your model send a cheque for £149.95 (and £6.00 postage and packing) made payable to WLA SALES to:

JOHN KITE, 10 Buckingham House, Bevan Court, Charborough Road, Filton, Bristol. BS34 7QJ

Please include an e-mail and or telephone number.

Delivery is expected in early 2013.

• RMweb Premium

A quick reminder to let you know that the Western Locomotive Association Limited Edition 'Western Courier' is selling well. Ensure that YOU do not miss out on this exclusive model... and all profits go to D1062 !!

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of D1062 Western Courier in 2013, the Western Locomotive Association has commissioned a limited edition model of D1062 from Dapol.

This model has been eagerly awaited by enthusiasts and promises to be the most accurate and realistic model of a class 52 ever produced in 00 gauge.

Just 150 examples of this superb model of Western Courier will be produced by Dapol and it will be exclusive to the Western Locomotive Association. It will be presented in an attractive box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.

All profits from the sale of this model will go to support the continued preservation of D1062 and return to the mainline.

To purchase your model send a cheque for £149.95 (and £6.00 postage and packing) made payable to WLA SALES to:

JOHN KITE, 10 Buckingham House, Bevan Court, Charborough Road, Filton, Bristol. BS34 7QJ

Please include an e-mail and or telephone number.

Delivery is expected in early 2013.

Do you know if they can be contacted by email so I can ask about postage abroad and if there are other ways to pay. Ta.

You'll probably want the prices too, Martin... which have a £50+ range (Hattons compared to Steam Swindon)... so maybe a visit to each of the web sites will be necessary. Took me about 5 mins to get all the info.

Thanks Alan, just done this and drawn up a least 3 for the must have list...just got to get my CEO/COO/CFO (otherwise known as SWMBO) to agree the commercial authorisation now!

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Aft'noon all,

I've ordered maroon Westerns for TG and have studied the weathered shades in many colour pictures...the sample colour on the model looks fine to me. I readily agree that it looks different in varying light levels on the pictures above.

The darkest shade of maroon would have been a short lived thing on the prototype...slightly paler/weathered shades would have been the day to day livery.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

• 4 weeks later...

An email from Hattons today said:

Dapol 4D-003-001 Class 52 diesel D1029 Western Legionaire in BR Maroon with small yellow panels £104.00

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between February 2013 & March 2013

Maybe they're expecting them to arrive on the same boat as the Hornby 42XX/72XX.

Nick

And why would that be Nick?

Different factory's, different shipping agents, different shipping ports!

As for delivery dates,

Desert Sand Western Enterprise for Steam ( they have a few left by the way) is currently on a ship due to dock on the 5th Feb,

BR blue, green are at the docks awaiting loading as of Tuesday

Loco maroon is in production.

The others are pending and I hope to have the clean ones ready to ship before CNY, with the weathered ones, which still need the weathered production samples shipping here for approval, in about 2 months.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

• Like 14

Desert Sand Western Enterprise for Steam ( they have a few left by the way) is currently on a ship due to dock on the 5th Feb,

Great news Dave, thanks for the update.

Martin

And why would that be Nick?...

Sorry, Dave, there should have been a smiley there. Hattons' wording was identical to their message about the Hornby tanks. You may not be aware that the location of the Hornby container has been a source of amusement on another topic for some time, as witnessed by Mike's reply.

Thanks for the update.

Nick

• Like 1

The others are pending and I hope to have the clean ones ready to ship before CNY, with the weathered ones, which still need the weathered production samples shipping here for approval, in about 2 months.

Will the weathered ones only be available from Kernow MRC, Dave?

• RMweb Premium

As for delivery dates,

Loco maroon is in production.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the update Dave. Presumably by "the others" you mean the WLA D1062 and Lord & Butler D1009 limited editions (also in maroon)? Shipping before CNY on 10th Feb would be good - my credit card would certainly appreciate a gap between them and the Kernow weathered versions :good:  .

Can you tell us what you decided about the maroon colour you're matching, please?

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1