Styrofoam Baseboards ?

Kallaroonian

• RMweb Gold

Your shed will be nice and dry now Jim.. Spare offcuts can be used for scenic landscapes!

Do insulate the roof though. We at DRAG insulated our hut with rockwool (fibreglass) and covered it with hardboard. We have had two winters now (no heat or ventilation) of moisture free storage.

If your lucky enough to live close to a Wickes superstore that are selling the Eco version, the one B&Q will be selling soon if Martins post states on the previous page, they have a bulk discount for 10 at £6.92, as opposed to £7.69 per single or less than 10.

For anyone in the Brum, and north Midlands area Perry bar have 135 and the Stoke store 100 pieces.

Hi Rich,

It should be out on sale now for £5 per board. Check the seasonal area as soon as you walk into the store or the builders yard if the store has one. The store I work in received two pallets which is 80 boards. I did a stock check for the rest of the stores on the East coast of Scotland and Cumbria (that's the boundaries of our region) and all the stores including the smaller ones had 80 boards in stock.

If you can't see them on sale ask someone to check the barcode : 5012061865264. The B&Q website returns no results for a search of the barcode but to be honest the website is rubbish.

Cheers

Martin

• RMweb Gold

Typically it looks like the Cribbs Causway branch didnt have any (certainly not on the seasonal area with the roles of insulation or in the insulation aisle.

If my fiancee is recovered (after getting hit by the Norovirus yesterday, and assuming I dont go down with it as well...)

Just want to get started building!

Had to go to the local medium-sized B&Q today for other reasons but found some SpaceBoard Eco in the racks at the end of one of the aisles in the plumbing/insulation area. I picked up a few boards for stock and to encourage me to knock up some extensions for my H0 layout. The "Eco" type appears to have a slightly more shiny and sparkly finish than the previous version and the surface feels slightly harder. All this may, however, just be within the normal range of production variation. The sheets are 1200mm by 500mm as before, though these are 60mm thick rather than the previous 52.5mm.

Nick

Just to let you know the space board Eco has now gone live as a ranged item in B&Q stores and is currently reduced in price to £3.75 per sheet.

I've just bought 6 for a future plan and to be used as a scenic form.

Cheers

Martin

He speaks the truth! There are about 40 1200 x 500 x 60mm sheets of "the pink stuff" in Penzance B&Q - be quick!

Well its most definitely a fiver a board at B&Q Tamworth. I did ask about other stores selling it for £3.75 and they did check but said it was showing as £5 on their system. Oh well a fiver is better than the £8 at Wickes (plus the 15 mile drive to a store that has stock).

• RMweb Gold

Dave, I would press the point and ask them further. When I bought mine there was some muddled info from the staff about the price. It was certainly priced at £5 on the shelf edge, but was only charged £3.75 at the checkout. They were talking about some discount for purchases over £50 but that didn't add up. Also it wasn't bought on their 'discount card day' either. All very odd. 

Don't look for help on the website either!

I think there were two elements to the £3.75.  One was a general (but limited) post-Christmas 10% off, the other was an even more limited 15% off all purchases over £50.  When I got mine last Saturday (at the same store as John) I just got the 15% so paid £4.25 each.

• RMweb Gold

All a bit of a muddle really!

I wasn't sure how many I could fit in the motor, so I firstly bought 4 sheets, to play around with in the space available for which I was charged £15 (i.e.@ 3.75 each) and worked out that 20 would fit. Then I went back in and got 10 more  (It was as many as the cart would take) but they still charged me only £3.75 per sheet. A third trip for 10 more resulted in the same price!

The upshot is that we've probably got enough for the rest of the Balcombe project and the S&D roundy-roundy and much, much more! Problem is now where to store it all. :O

Problem is now where to store it all. :O

In the loft?!  :jester:  (Ok - I'll get my coat!)

Bought 3 sheets in the York B&Q on Sunday 30th and was charged £5 each - before Christmas they were labelled up as £3-75 each so I assumed that the offer had finished at Christmas.

What I don't use for insulating the bathroom ceiling will end-up being used on a layout.

Andy

In the loft?!  

Oddly that is where my eight sheet strategic knauf reserve is hidden (two deep over herself's side of the ceiling). Today's four were charged out at £5/sheet but i've got enough now to be going on with.

I wanted to check the stock of the pink kanufboard before heading down as I couldn't find any at the New Malden branch last week. Anyone know exactly what's it's called so I can check online or is it a case of heading in to stores and hoping they have it?

Cheers

Tom

• RMweb Gold

Tom, It's now called Knauf 'Space Board 'ECO'

It appears to be under a Govt subsidy again limiting to you to 100 sq metres. That's 166 boards, a lot of layouts possible!

Anyway what's to stop you buying more over a period of time...?

It would appear the the going price now at B & Q is £5 per sheet.

Archived