Class 67

Cardiff Bluebird

Hattons had 3 new ones detailed on a pre-order

Keith Heller

EWS

W & S R

However they were mysteriously removed and have not resurfaced

I'm holding onto the three I've got as I was about to do a batch of model rail chassis conversions/Cut/Shut

So I'm hopong fo a Class 67 to Class 60 standards rumours are rife for a June Annnouncement :mellow:

For what it's worth.........I don't reckon anythings gonna happen here with a new 67.

What a show stopper if one was announced though !!! I'd like four please............

Why is a 'June' announcement so likely ? Just curious...........maybe a show or something ?????

Dave

For what it's worth.........I don't reckon anythings gonna happen here with a new 67.

What a show stopper if one was announced though !!! I'd like four please............

Why is a 'June' announcement so likely ? Just curious...........maybe a show or something ?????

Dave

Im guessing that the June Announcement would be the DEMU show - Where back in 2009, Hornby of course launched the MK3 DVT - Possibility? Who knows, this is Hornby!

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta be froth,

67 ? small class, limited liveries

59 ? several classes, lots of liveries, increasingly geographically diverse

I know what i would do if I was Hornby....

67 total = 30

59 total = 15.

67's run over a wide area for approx 10 years, 59's more narrow area's for 25 years. Not as straight forward as you think...

Gotta be froth,

67 ? small class, limited liveries

This point comes up alot about class 67s and I dont really get it - You could say the same about Deltics, they're a small class (22 locos) , which basically come in ' blue' or 'green' and have had a much more restricted sphere of operation than a 67 - which , these days go anywhere and do pretty much anything , thanks to the end of TPOs etc - For that reason if baffles me why no one , yet, has had a proper stab at a 67 in 4mm. Its basically the 'modern' class 47 if you think of all the roles thats 'skips' have ended up doing - from high speed parcels , to Merry-go-round coal , to sleeper services, to engineering trains, to the Royal Train duties and much much more - and who knows what the future will bring for them. 5 liveries so far - and Im sure there will be more on the way..

TFN

Jon

Agree Jon, thirty locos in five liveries now, a bit to go at.....

EWS, Wrex & Shrops, Royal, DB Canada, EWS Exec

There are normally lots of Lima models knocking around, seemed to have dried up..

We have two managers saloon sets left at £120 + postage.

E.Mail: charlie@dckits.co.uk

Hi all

Surley it is only a matter of time before Dpol use there N-gauge 67 as a basis for a 4mm version Bachmann have done this the other way with much of OO range appearing in N both locos and wagons

so maybe Hornby are waiting to see what Dapol is up to and only have re-liveries and a slightly better motor and NEMs.

Future livery froth for 67's may be standard DBS as 67018 is a one-off and maybe Spotrail as 67's used on the Scottish sleepers

regards

Dave

Actually I can see your point guys on the 67, I guess I just prefer the 59.

I can't understand with the DBS diesel fleet consisting of class 59 60 66 and 67 we only have decent models of half of those.

I hope neither Heljan or Dapol make one, as, regretably their fortunes in oo have been somewhat mixed. Hornby seems to have given up on modern image diesels after the outstanding 60, I guess it's down to Bachmann.

Strange when you think they have already done the class70 gargoyle which is more limited in colours/ variety than both the 59/66

And Hornby and Bachmann's has always been 100%? Dapol haven't done an OO gauge model for ages but all indications are that the new ones are going to be up to scratch. As for Heljan, they're producing models that not long ago would not even have been considered. Yes they haven't all been as good as they could've been but again, some (class 15, Prototypes amongst others) have been very good.

This point comes up alot about class 67s and I dont really get it - You could say the same about Deltics, they're a small class (22 locos) , which basically come in ' blue' or 'green' and have had a much more restricted sphere of operation than a 67 - which , these days go anywhere and do pretty much anything , thanks to the end of TPOs etc - For that reason if baffles me why no one , yet, has had a proper stab at a 67 in 4mm. Its basically the 'modern' class 47 if you think of all the roles thats 'skips' have ended up doing - from high speed parcels , to Merry-go-round coal , to sleeper services, to engineering trains, to the Royal Train duties and much much more - and who knows what the future will bring for them. 5 liveries so far - and Im sure there will be more on the way..

TFN

Jon

Quite simple...Deltics are magificent machines that get the crouds in by the thousands, and skips..well watching paint dry is more exciting. Their only redeeming feature is they are better looking than a General Eccentric Boil

there would be a demand for both classes. I find it strange that no one has done a better version of the class 156 yet they operate in most parts of the country and have had many different liverys over the years a decent model to the standerd of the Bachmann 150 would sell more than a class 59. a better class 87 and class 73 not to mention a class 101 would also be nice to see

find it strange that no one has done a better version of the class 156

Why invest all that cash when people are quite willing to buy the old version at £81 (Hattons, Scotrail Saltire) when a Bachmann 150 sells for £54-£68 (Hattons, non-Ltd. Ed. models)?

Much as I'd like to see one, it doesn't seem likely.

Charlie,

I'd have to disagree - Dapol have done loads of wagons recently and that's what I'm basing the comment on. Their intermodals were good, MBA poor and steel wagons indifferent. Heljan got panned for several of their more esoteric diesels, and having owned several of the 47s I don't really rate the mechanisms they make that much.

I would never discourage any model but I trust Bachmann, and Hornby to a lesser extent to generally get it right. Nobody is foolproof of course as the Bachmann 40 would attest.

However, locomotives are a very different kettle of fish. Looking at Dapols future Loco's, reading the threads there will show that they are making sure they're the best they can be and peoples general high regard for what's been seen so far. Plus their N gauge stuff is rightly praised as have the silver bullets which you missed ;) .

You say you don't rate the Heljan 47s mechanisms, but have you any of the more recent releases? I have several and they run beautifully with little problem. Yes the lighting and the early class 17's are issues, but they are fine otherwise. IIRC a quick flick through the latest Britains Model trains review also shows about 2 or 3 out of all Heljans models rated at under 80%, whilst there are quite a few Hornby and Bachmann ones. I know this sort of review is subjective but generally they're fairly accurate.

I have never had a HJ 47 that ran well to be honest, I don't know if its the starting voltage or what but I was rather dissapointed.

Still we will see what they come up with next.

I have never had a HJ 47 that ran well to be honest, I don't know if its the starting voltage or what but I was rather dissapointed.

Still we will see what they come up with next.

Surprised to hear that Rob. Yes, the first one I bought ran like a pig but that was because my gaugemaster wasn't producing enough oomph to drive those high ampage motors. Very soon changed to DCC and fitted Lenz gold decoders and all (ahem 20 or so :blush: ) of mine are faultless. Smooth and consistent across all speeds. If I were to rank drive-ability and performance I would rate Heljan, Bachmann then Hornby. Sorry - just can't get the Hornby ones to run with consistency at mid speed ranges (have tried Lenz, Bachmann and Hornby decoders!)

Once this house move is behind us (yeah baby a loft room 16" by 13-9 all to myself :yahoo_mini: ) and I've started building the next project you're more than welcome to come across for some testing!!

Sorry for the thread creep!

Regards

Melly

Archived