Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

We do, surprisingly! We're not a box shifter either, we have a physical model shop in the Forest of Dean, we just run a tight ship and make savings elsewhere that mean we can offer very competitve prices. :) Thanks for your orders by the way, they're very much appreciated. I'm currently processing and adding them into our system, you should start receiving updates very soon. 

I'm glad to hear it, given what I read not so long ago about Hornby reducing margins on trade prices.

I see despite the competitive pricing you test locomotives before shipping too. Most commendable.

Will you be adding the Railroad tank engines to your range?

• RMweb Gold

Do you ship abroad (i.e. Canada)?

I'll drop you a PM :)

I didn't see the class 37 and 31 with tts on your list to preorder. Will you be having these in?

Will you be adding the Railroad tank engines to your range?

Indeed we will, these are also in the listing queue. If you could drop us a PM with your emails and I'll contact you once they're uploaded. Once again sorry for the delay, I'm slowly plowing into the backlog!

I do apologise sincerely gents, it is in progress but it's a busy day here today so we're slowly plowing through them, it will be coaches first with wagons to follow, I should get quite a few done this afternoon/evening with the remainder early next week...then the Bachmann range release! Oh boy, why do I do this...? :locomotive:

Thanks for your efforts, I'll keep checking back in the hope that I can put some of my hard earned your way :)

• RMweb Premium

Kernow models have more stocks of Hornby Railroad LNER A4 Gadwall with tts sound for £64.99

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/42258/R3285TTS-Hornby-Railroad-Class-A4-Steam-Locomotive-number-4469

Looking at what the TTS modules go for on ebay, if somebody wanted an analogue A4 it could end up costing them very little.

• RMweb Gold

Fenwicks Canterbury still have plenty of stock in their Hornby concession sale at 30% discount. Samples include:

Lyme Regis Ltd edition train pack: £140

Late BR 52XX 2-8-0: £59 (only one there)

Gresley/Thompson non corridor: £28

Gresley BR teak corridors: £35

LNER/BR long CCT vans: £14

BR/SR push Pull set: £55

All prices listed are approximate, based on my rough calculation using the marked prices less 30%.

Hoping you will go along and take advantage, before I go back and do more damage to my credit card!

Steve

• RMweb Gold

got one of the wire cutters from lidl earlier, have a lot of wiring to do this coming week so i'll see how it performs, seems good value at £9 especially with all the bits and bobs of crimps, terminals etc you get with it

EAC14363-35E3-41A2-A7C3-CBF2F73560F9.jpg

also in the market drayton branch in the futher reduced section they had LED desk lamps down to £5:30, you may be lucky and be able to pick one up in your local branch

68C70B3C-FE0A-4040-AE23-F4F4CDBA2902.jpg

B6B4616D-4E74-4F9B-9918-7FF887D814AA.jpg

44032FB0-220E-4202-B3DE-CEC6FE737B92.jpg

2D956A70-CB85-4CC6-8349-A48272642C6A.jpg

For stripping wire those strippers will be fine (the rotary knob at the top is your adjuster for how far you want the blades to dig into the insulation), but I wouldn't advise using that tool for crimping the insulated terminals. Ok, yes it will do the job, but i'd sooner use a tool with a ratcheting mechanism designed for the job, as then you will get consistant pull-force results and not random due to hand fatigue etc.

Cheltenham models ebay site have the Hornby P2 train set ,Master of the glens,at £95.94, with 3 railroad teak coaches, although with metal wheels and different numbers,got one of these myself in the Hornby advent sale

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R1183-Master-Of-The-Glens-Train-Set-SCALE-OO-LOW-PRICE-/122291282968?hash=item1c7920e418%3Ag%3AkukAAOSwImRYWAgp&_trkparms=pageci%253A2c11ae6c-d607-11e6-a16f-005056b68969%257Cparentrq%253A80beaed61590a60cf3e18ab3ffc5c641%257Ciid%253A2

Jadlam have them for slightly less!!

• RMweb Gold

What happens if you order through Derails, and pay up front, then price goes up by say £7. john

Wouldn't you be better asking Derails? Dan is on RMWeb quite often, and the shop has its own thread in the appropriate section.

Hawkin are showing a few more things in stock at 50%

http://www.hawkin.com/model-shop/Hornby/sort-by/price/sort-direction/desc/show/100

Well - I tried to order Hornby 12.5 and 14.0 mm. wheels.

It seems that any order in excess of one pack of each results in the message that the requested quantity is not available.

This hasn't changed my opinion that the company is a shambles !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

What happens if you order through Derails, and pay up front, then price goes up by say £7. john

John - Good question, you're probably not the only one asking that. The customer is given total choice of what they would like to do with the order in the event there is a price increase we cannot absorb because it takes the item below cost price - we really do try to avoid it at all costs but occasionally the increase could be too much for us. Also to add, if the price goes up and you've paid a £20 deposit, it is made refundable should you wish to cancel at that point. This is theoretical I must add, for example we did not have to put up any existing pre-orders in 2015/16 as we could absorb the prices, and we'll be checking 2017 in the next couple of weeks.

Hope that helps.

Don't know if this has already been posted, but Rails are offloading Britannia Thomas Hardy for £109 - I can't quite believe this for a top of the range model...

Someone might be interested.

Similarly A3 Book Law for under £100 (though with the QC issues on this model, not surprising...).

Silver Jubilee A4 Collection for under £400 (i.e. each loco under £100).

Who said the days of 'large locos' at around £100 was past.

It seems that any order in excess of one pack of each results in the message that the requested quantity is not available.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Not necessarily shambolic, if you click the item it shows you how many are actually in stock and if there's only one, you can only buy one!post-1525-0-48577700-1483983330_thumb.jpg

Guest 40-something

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Maybe because there was only one pack left?  I've added a few items to the basket and took it right though to payment no probs.  

Don't know if this has already been posted, but Rails are offloading Britannia Thomas Hardy for £109 - I can't quite believe this for a top of the range model...

Someone might be interested.

Similarly A3 Book Law for under £100 (though with the QC issues on this model, not surprising...).

Silver Jubilee A4 Collection for under £400 (i.e. each loco under £100).

Who said the days of 'large locos' at around £100 was past.

+ half a quid, I shot my bolt on Thom Hardy on black Friday, like you, surprised they've any left at that price. But then again, I subsequently found out the 7MT's are a minefield of detail differences so maybe not everyone's first choice if intended for renumbering, 'tis a thing of beauty though no argument.

C6T.

• RMweb Premium

Modelzone WH Smith Cardiff Queen St today 25% off Bachmann wagons.  Bought an unfitted BR grey LMS 5-plank for £7.49, reduced from £9.99 but Bachmann lists at £13.95.

WH Smith Modelzone have had 25% off Bachmann & Farish for a couple of months now.

Cardiff shop has been mentioned before

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/41387-bargain-hunters/page-151&do=findComment&comment=2515222

Keith

Model Rail are reducing by up to 24% a number of their exclusives in OO from Thursday for a month (same price subscriber or not)

LNER Director £120

Sound fitted Euro Cargo Rail 66 £199

NCB Sentinel £65

NCB Sentinel and NCB USA together £180 (dearer for subscribers than buying them separately)

ZTR Satlink brake van £22

BR Green syp 33 £99

RfD Class 37 £105

Red Star Express Parcels 128 £115

Archived