Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

On the topic of model zone in smiths, I've just been to the one in Meadowhall Sheffiels about 5mins ago and can confirm everything appears to be full retail price, there are a few Bachmann coaches at less than £25 though.

Edit

Just bought a BR Blue MK2 FK, marked price £23.99 & scanned at till for £17.99. Sale on maybe?

On the topic of model zone in smiths, I've just been to the one in Meadowhall Sheffiels about 5mins ago and can confirm everything appears to be full retail price, there are a few Bachmann coaches at less than £25 though.

Hooray, we're back to advising available bargains :yes:

• RMweb Premium

The Model Centre are announcing their biggest sale yet, with upto 30% off

http://www.themodelcentre.com/

A big range including a lot of their customised weathering. I've always liked their stuff when I've seen it at exhibitions but find it too expensive for me. Even with the sale prices, it's still too pricey for me, but there may be something there for you.

The Model Centre are announcing their biggest sale yet, with upto 30% off

http://www.themodelcentre.com/

A big range including a lot of their customised weathering. I've always liked their stuff when I've seen it at exhibitions but find it too expensive for me. Even with the sale prices, it's still too pricey for me, but there may be something there for you.

If you want a GW Pannier for under £70, they're doing the set with a shunters wagon and a Toad for £70 which is cheaper than a single Pannier and it's a shirtbutton livery.

Edit

Just bought a BR Blue MK2 FK, marked price £23.99 & scanned at till for £17.99. Sale on maybe?

Probably 25% off, the one at Westfield, White city still had all of the Bachmann trainsets, locomotives etc at a 25% sale when I went in Monday

NL

Anyone for a second hand class 47 or 37 in DRS livery might find a bargain here, offered with no reserve: https://www.directrailservices.com/news-articles/2016/11/22/sale-of-surplus-assets/

Steve

Never mind the big stuff, had my bid of £150 rejected for a 37 just as well as it would not fit in the drive.

What about the shop though some good wee DRS logo bargains in there tin of DRS Lip Balm for 50p Yesss

http://shop.directrailservices.com/drs-gift-selection?page=1

• RMweb Gold

Derails appears to have some good pre-order prices for Hornby 2017 locos:

http://www.derails.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&filter_tag=Hornby2017

thanks for this, 6 locos ordered, that is 5 that would have been via Hornby, and 1 extra which represents the saving.

i like the idea of a deposit down, makes the final price lower later :-)

• RMweb Premium

thanks for this, 6 locos ordered, that is 5 that would have been via Hornby, and 1 extra which represents the saving.

i like the idea of a deposit down, makes the final price lower later :-)

I wonder if they actually make any money at these prices....

• RMweb Gold

Military strategy; land grab,  take as much ground as you can, it's a guaranteed sale even if it's reduced margin, farm the other sales later.

Box shifters doing this for years, I'm happy to try someone else.

• RMweb Premium

Nothing for me there, whoops wrong thread :jester:

Seriously, wonder why no coaching stock listed.

As a previous customer, I had an email saying they had just uploaded the Hornby 2017 range locomotives. Rolling stock is in progress and will follow to the website shortly.

• RMweb Gold

We do, surprisingly! We're not a box shifter either, we have a physical model shop in the Forest of Dean, we just run a tight ship and make savings elsewhere that mean we can offer very competitve prices. :) Thanks for your orders by the way, they're very much appreciated. I'm currently processing and adding them into our system, you should start receiving updates very soon. 

Nothing for me there, whoops wrong thread :jester:

Seriously, wonder why no coaching stock listed.

Personally I was hoping for the new wagons to be listed somewhere on there. Hopefully in time...

As a previous customer, I had an email saying they had just uploaded the Hornby 2017 range locomotives. Rolling stock is in progress and will follow to the website shortly.

I do apologise sincerely gents, it is in progress but it's a busy day here today so we're slowly plowing through them, it will be coaches first with wagons to follow, I should get quite a few done this afternoon/evening with the remainder early next week...then the Bachmann range release! Oh boy, why do I do this...?  :locomotive:

We do, surprisingly! We're not a box shifter either, we have a physical model shop in the Forest of Dean, we just run a tight ship and make savings elsewhere that mean we can offer very competitve prices. :) Thanks for your orders by the way, they're very much appreciated. I'm currently processing and adding them into our system, you should start receiving updates very

I do apologise sincerely gents, it is in progress but it's a busy day here today so we're slowly plowing through them, it will be coaches first with wagons to follow, I should get quite a few done this afternoon/evening with the remainder early next week...then the Bachmann range release! Oh boy, why do I do this...? :locomotive:

thank you for doing it, only had top service from you.

We do, surprisingly! We're not a box shifter either, we have a physical model shop in the Forest of Dean, we just run a tight ship and make savings elsewhere that mean we can offer very competitve prices. :) Thanks for your orders by the way, they're very much appreciated. I'm currently processing and adding them into our system, you should start receiving updates very soon.

I do apologise sincerely gents, it is in progress but it's a busy day here today so we're slowly plowing through them, it will be coaches first with wagons to follow, I should get quite a few done this afternoon/evening with the remainder early next week...then the Bachmann range release! Oh boy, why do I do this...? :locomotive:

Do you ship abroad (i.e. Canada)?

We do, surprisingly! We're not a box shifter either, we have a physical model shop in the Forest of Dean, we just run a tight ship and make savings elsewhere that mean we can offer very competitve prices. :) Thanks for your orders by the way, they're very much appreciated. I'm currently processing and adding them into our system, you should start receiving updates very soon. 

I do apologise sincerely gents, it is in progress but it's a busy day here today so we're slowly plowing through them, it will be coaches first with wagons to follow, I should get quite a few done this afternoon/evening with the remainder early next week...then the Bachmann range release! Oh boy, why do I do this...?  :locomotive:

I didn't see the class 37 and 31 with tts on your list to preorder. Will you be having these in?

Archived