Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

From what I can tell they're all existing offers

I think they've shaved a bit off some of the Heljan locos unless they made further reductions recently?  eg Lion now £70 (was £79 until recently).  One version of Co-Bo now £80.  2 versions of DP2, one for £70 and one for £75.  Again I thought they were all slightly higher before?

They only had blue and green ones no sign of Dutch or construction examples

My 11 year old bought a Construction one despite my best efforts to convince him that blue would be a much better colour.

Kids these days have no taste!

Just cleared out my local IKEA of the following selling for £1.75 for just under a big tub nearly 1 1/2 lb in weight.

Loads of colours and grades, but the black and grey in fine is perfect ballast.

Sand and coal size loads as well.

They were selling it in the flower section.

post-9901-0-60066700-1417364763_thumb.jpg

Just cleared out my local IKEA of the following selling for £1.75 for just under a big tub nearly 1 1/2 lb in weight.

Loads of colours and grades, but the black and grey in fine is perfect ballast.

Sand and coal size loads as well.

They were selling it in the flower section.

Thanks for that. Luckily it seems we shop at different IKEA's...!

managed to aquire at my local hobby shop

a Lima br large logo blue Loch Rannoch custom weathered super detailed Class 37 for £35

A triang BR Green Class 37 for £19

a Hornby motorail wagon complete with cars for £7.50

and a Hornby R8260 Car loading ramp for £2

so not bad for a £3.50 tram ticket through Edinburgh

• RMweb Gold

I went to the Outlet Centre in the Whitgift Centre in Croydon (what used to be Allders). There is someone selling models there, on the ground floor, at the back of the shop, near the exit to the square in the middle of the Whitgift Centre. Everything they have there is going at half-price or less. I bought a couple of dozen Farish Mk.1s yesterday for £10.50 each (apart from a few that went for £8.90).

• RMweb Premium

For today only Amazon are doing up to 50% off Hornby train sets. Having looked there does not seem to be masses of items in this deal but it might be handy for someone. 

• RMweb Gold

For today only Amazon are doing up to 50% off Hornby train sets. Having looked there does not seem to be masses of items in this deal but it might be handy for someone. 

Thanks for that. The TTS Tornado looks a good price at £92.99, will have to ponder whether I can get away with it?

Perhaps not for serious modellers but this Hornby Majestic set is discounted to £199 (£340 at hattons).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-Majestic-E-Link-Gauge-Electric/dp/B00BUKPXU6/ref=sr_1_5?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1417946795&sr=1-5&keywords=Hornby

Just logged on to post about the Amazon deals.

Somewhat tempted by the GWR set. We were going to get the boy his first 'real' set after selling his Thomas trackmaster stuff, but despite listing on various local Facebook buying & selling pages for a ridiculously low price, have had no takers. We have consistently told each other we are not buying more for them for Christmas, but.....

I will wait till the Mrs gets up after her night shift, then we'll see...!

Archived