Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

Thanks Jeff, I too am pleased with the way its going, the videos are just a bit of fun but I quite like them, just adds a different twist to just photos. As for the 56, I know exactly what it is, but the chap filming couldn't quite make it out. For your info its 56049. <_<

Cheers

Scott

More progress ~ The points on the scenic part have now been wired in and a quick test shows they work too, so thats a bonus. The only issue I have is that the points furthest away from the control panel don't throw correctly all the time. Its the 2 points that thrwo together, or should I say are meant to throw together are the culprits.

Having read through the electrics help and advice on here it may be that my CDU doesn't have enough oomph.. Electrics is not my strong point but I am really chuffed with myself for managing to do it. My 09 has had a quick line check and appeared to cross over all the points fine.

I will try and have a good test tomorrow and then consider finishng off the ballasting. Saturday is out of the question as a trip to Leaford is on the cards, which I'm looking forward to.

Off to search gaugemasters website now as their CDU appears to be just what I need.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Scott

If the CDU is a gaugemaster one like mine it suggests the use of a transformer with a 24V input for the CDU. I am using the 16V one that you use with DC controllers and sometimes it doesn't quite throw, although 9/10 times its okay. Are your point motors Seep or Peco, as my Seep ones seem more reliable? The other thing I found is that the spring on the points can be stiffer on some than others and you can ease them off a little to improve things as well as a squirt of something slippery into the point motor! I'll speak to you tomorrow.

I'm having another moment! I have left the garage before I re-design the track layout... I don't know what it is but when I visit other layouts I get itchy fingers.. and want to change.. I spent most of the day playing with Leaford yesterday, in company with Hampshirehog and Temeraire. I had a great time and I think because Leaford performed perfectly, I look at mine and a point wont throw and It just pi##es me off. :rolleyes:

Ive come in for a coffe and therapy now....

• RMweb Premium

Sorry mate first chance I've had today to see your ramblings, I hope you still have a layout!:rolleyes:

Don't do anything rash you've been happy for a while now and making good progress, so just press on and get the FY sorted and the continuous loop completed and I'm sure you'll get your mojo back!

Besides, I won't let you come and play anymore if its going to make you have a rethink each time you do!:P

No need to worry, the coffee helped! the troublesome point has been spoken to and is now behaving itself, I have started on the FY, and clearing space for the stabling point or is it going to be a terminus???

I need the continuous loop to run my now jumbo stone train. All 28 wagons!

I really need that class 60 in construction livery...

Cheers

Scott

Keep it going Scott, Ive walked away from mine again for a few weeks. may poke my head back up there later....lol

Have a break and then the desire comes back, I find when I look at the layout after not going near it for a few weeks it looks better than I thought, the majority of my 16 points give me jip aswell, they will be sorted in time, until then trains just need a push... Youve got a cracking layout on the go there, dont let it be a waste...I find working on a layout every hour of the day trying to get more and more done makes me start to resent it... Walk away for a bit then come back to it.

All the best mate..

Leon

Hi Scott,

Glad you are sticking with it, I think it would be a shame if you started ripping it up again.;) Points can be a pain especially when you ballast around them. The points on Llanbournes extension have the Peco PL13, I think thats the part number, you have to do some cutting and extra wiring but it make the points more reliable as you don't rely on the point blade to carry the power. Hope that makes sense. Looking forwards to seeing the stone train.:D

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Leon and Peter,

I was having one of those days I think... All problems have been resolved for the time being, although I do have some ballasting to do so rather than do my bull ina china shop style of modelling I will be a bit more careful.

Im on lates now at work so no modelling for a few days, so that should give me fresh eyes when I return..

Cheers

Scott

Hi Leon,

I have seen it thanks and have been thinking about getting it, but you know what im like, i can't make my mind up. My idea of having the actual quarry is on hold at the moment. I want to get the main bit to a standard I'm happy with. No doubt if I see one in the flesh I might change my mind!

Cheers

Scott

keep goin mate ..you will end up with some thing your happy with in the end ...then change it any way...I`m arsing around with ideas and changing things all the time ..all good fun ..trouble is to many top layouts on ere .:blink: your plan looks great so far with track plan ,location, stock ect ..keep going ..cheers YVM

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I was hoping nobody was going to ask and I could lay low for ever... My lips are sealed. There is nothing to see here, move along please. ;)

Oh come on don't be shy we're all friends here.;)

The Bocott three landed as planned this afternoon by the way, and are probably covered in filth by now.:D

• RMweb Gold

I think I actually quite like changing my mind! Just as well I don't plan for the real railways!

From me it would be sarcasm from you irony ;)

Nothing to see her .

e

Apart from a big hole that was a quarry! ;)

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for your comments, the entire ews stock has gone. Although i'm tempted to get a 70!

Quarry, what quarry! :lol:

Sorry-type error!- I meant cement terminal silos/industrial buildings :D

Im getting a 70 without a doubt-there the best locos to join the UK mainline fleet since the class 60s! B)

One of the new models would look great hauling HHAs or a intermodal made up from the excellent new Dapol models. Although out of your layouts time frame, I would recommend one as if Bachmanns reputation for superb mechanisms and detail is to go by the forthcoming 70s should be great ;) .

Regards

Lewis

You were right the first time Lewis, but as you know from reading this thread things don't stay around too long before I change things.

Paul thanks for your continued support.. :P

Ian, thanks for dropping them down to Leaford, I haven't been out to the garage for at least a week so who knows what it looks like, maybe the track fairies have been in?? I'm in the can't be bothered with it mood at the moment. Give me a simple depot layout. lol

• RMweb Premium

. Give me a simple depot layout. lol

So build one then! I thought the cement works was now a rundown stabling point? Concentrate on that small part for while until your happy with it then move on when the mood takes you. I just think your problem is space like most people on here, unfortunately you have too much space and can't decide what to do!;)

That is one of the problems Ian, the other one is I can't ever see the layout getting to a point where its sort of finished, I know it all takes time but because of my changes the finish line always gets further away. So im just going around in circles.

Anyway im not moaning or doing anything drastic, just having a break but only because things at home are a bit busy on the run up to Christmas.

Funnily enough I was out there tonight with little Charlie, didn't run any trains but did a few bits and bobs, like ballasting and painting... Hopefully the depot will be ready for when the Bocott 3 arrive.

I was aware of the FY improvements. I'm guessing you had a play? ;) From what Kevin said, it should be able to have a few more freights available.

Archived