Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

Scott ! This is looking Pukka mate, love the pics on page 11. Good to see a construction 37 and my local 56...I agree keep her as 56032 Fm...

Cant say enough on how good this layout is going to be, love the works building in the corner on the curve, great use of a corner space, big well done mate !

Hi Scott,

Glad to see the wagons arrived ok, I did stick a spare handbrake in one of the boxes.:D The latest pics look great and your loco fleet is growing, I do like the 37. I am pretty sure I have a few pics somewhere of a 37/6 in construction livery at Eastleigh early 90s.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the comments. I think the 37 will receive a sound chip soon, as for 56032, I suppose I could always leave it as it is and get another one to renumber and rebrand.. Just to keep you lot happy!

Peter, you have a photo of everything! :lol: If you find it feel free to post it. It just strengthens the arguement for having one on Bocott...

I'm working all weekend now so won't get time to do anything now until next week, might just have to order things online at work instead!

Cheers

Scott

Its certainly coming along there Scott, perhaps a visit is in order when the sound chips arrive???:)

I guess you are back home now? I'm sure a visit can be arranged... The fiddle yard is missing at the moment, just trying to work out a track plan for effective playing and best use of the room. I am also thinking about a bit of a timetable as well. So much to do!

Hi Scott,

Here are a couple of 37's for you, 37679 & 37697 shunts tanks at Micheldever, and 37893 & 37678 with ploughs stabled up at Eastleigh. Also 37715 at Woking with I think a stone train from Westbury, as you can see 715 has petroleum markings one side and construction the other.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-009994900 1287388956_thumb.jpg

post-7022-042734300 1287389032_thumb.jpg

post-7022-027723300 1287389117_thumb.jpg

post-7022-031122100 1287389196_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Scott

Well I'm back but suffering terribly with manflu! Managed to catch this pic with my phone last Sunday 10th as I passed Denver's version of Toton on the train. Among dozens of what looked like scrap locos were several that look to be the same as your switcher, and it appears the chimney pots are authentic!

post-6922-071597100 1287411169_thumb.jpg

Peter, You have come up trumps again with the pictures.... Looks like my class 37 allocation will be growing in the near future. Many thanks for posting the images. I also like the idea of having a different sub sector on each side. I could do that with 56032! that would keep Grimley and Leon happy. Metals for them and Construction for them.. :D

Ian,

Welcome home, were you sneezing at the time of taking the picture?? :P They do look just like the one on trial at Bocott. Maybe thats where it was shipped from?? I still need a DCC expert tio give me some ideas on fitting a decoder to it.. Maybe I shall post the question soon.

Grimleygrid, I don't think you are far off, 37680 has already been eyeing up the yeoman wagons. I need to have a look to see if anyone does 37/7's.

The postman should be bringing more stock soon, I have some more Yeoman wagons due into the reception yard and 12 MGR's should be enroute too. I need more sidings!!

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

Scott

I purchased an action cam from Maplins the other day, I didnt intend to use it for this purpose but thought I would give it a quick go.

You have joined the crew at Eastbury sidings as the drop off a couple of Yeoman wagons at the wagon repair siding and then move to the cement reception/loading line and collect their next working.

Video does have sound..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DMamlEzaQ

Cheers

Scott

Evening all,

As you may have noticed I have cahnged the title to this topic, Bocott was the name originally set for the loco depot, this has yet to be started so thought I would save that for a separate topic at a later date.The name Eastbury sidings I feel, sums up more about what this layout is about.

Postie delivered 12 weathered MGR's today so they have been added to the layout and I have to admit look quite smart.

I have put the fence up around the raised cement terminal area and is now awaiting the weeds to grow around it and the ballast to appear at the foot of the rock face.

My main achievment today is wiring my first set of points onto the control panel. I already have some wired up to a Lenz accessory decoder but thought I would have a go at wiring a panel so I can operate it by pushing buttons on a track plan.

This may not seem very exciting to a lot of you out there but to me this is a real achievment, I wish I could be out there now continuing with it but unfortunately the Mrs has gone out so I'm in protecting the kids!

I just wish I could work out how to wire LEDS into the track plan to show when I have selected a line. I don't want it to complicated so I only want them to come on when I press the button and not necessarily connected to the throw of the point. I have tried looking for VERY basic diagrams but have failed. Still I suppose thats something I could add later should I get round to it.

Heres hoping that my other half doesn't return home to late, then I can get back out there!

Cheers

Scott

Points! I hate them....

Cant believe I have laid a point across the baton beneath the baseboard.. Despite checking before finalising I have still managed to do it. I can't believe it. There is no way round it so I am going to have to disguise a surface mount point motor.. Looks like my lineside hut or disued signal box will get a starring role.

I have had to drill out another hole under another point because that wasn't quite right either.

Finally, I did a bit of ballasting around a point last night and now its a bit sticky from the glue mix. Cant believe I did that either because I was intending on using Johnsons Kleer instead.

On a positive note the electrics are coming along nicely, I'm only getting an hour a day at the moment as i'm on day shift for the weekend and beyond. But it wont be long before all of the dreaded points are wired into the control panel.

I have also started the greenery near the cement works, the pva just seems to take an age to dry in this cooler weather.

Thats it for now,

Cheers

Scott

Pitbull,

Looking really good. I am impressed with how quickly you are moving on with this. The video is superb especially when you mention an 'unidentified Class 56 awaits its next duty'.

Are you still deciding what number to give it?

Keep the updates coming

Jeff

Archived