Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

Thanks for the comments,

Keith I do fancy a 33 ticking over in the siding, at the moment teh only sound chip loco is the 37.

Jeff, not sure yet where the through line is going!! It will be mostly freight but with a dmu service, possibly a dock line serving a small ferry terminal and cargo vessels. Looking forward to getting ametals sub sector 37 for my steel train.. Cardiff to Bocott Docks.

Finally Ian,

Yes your text did give me a kick to update the thread, The fiddle yard is as it was at the moment. The dock line will be a loop with a few sidings the rest will probably remain dead ends. I havent got that far yet.

I'm quite happy with a small shed allocation at the moment but there is always room for visitors. The Exford Park- Bocott passenger service will no doubt result in visitibg locos...

look forward to hearing your sound locos, I will make an effort to pop up and have a play.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Just been looking at your latest pics again, if its not to late I think it would be worth puting a crossover in one of the platforms, you could run round the loco then, just adds a bit more operating interest. On Llanbourne i have a centre road but it would work just as well between platforms.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-127495354989_thumb.jpg

Its never too late Peter, the way I rip up track it shouldn't be too much trouble.. Hopefully I will get a bit of time out there tonight and have a look at it. I did think about it when I was initially laying thetrack but decided on having a station pilot. But I see your point about more operational interest.

Thanks satans goldfish for your comments, hopefully it will stay like this from now on.

Cheers

Scott

47635 waits to depart with the Bocott - Exford Park mail train via Leaford. Having problems attaching photos. Can't sem to put any comments on each one like before, and when I click Add to post it doesn't show. But when i click preview it does.. Strange...

post-6849-127507111544_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

47635 waits to depart with the Bocott - Exford Park mail train via Leaford. Having problems attaching photos. Can't sem to put any comments on each one like before, and when I click Add to post it doesn't show. But when i click preview it does.. Strange...

Nice looking 47 Scott, which brand is that Autie Vi or Bacchy it doesn't look like a tubby duff? Oh and by the way there are no mail facilities at Exford Park.tongue.gif

Its a Tubby! And the vans are empty, just need storage at Exford Park.. Staff at Royal Mail Leaford were more than obliging with unloading.

Jamie, anything thats weathered on here isn't by me. I have an airbrush but at the moment haven't plucked up the courage to have a go.

Cheers

Scott

Just a brief update on progress:

All track wired up and worked first time, which was a result. (one side only, got the fiddle yard etc to do)

NCE Power Cab arrived today, which was an Ebay bargain. £60 and working fine...

I have been playing around with the station area as well, Ive attached a photo to give an idea. There is still a hell of a lot to do, the retaining walls, backscene station building etc.. are all in a temporary at the moment just to help me visualise what I'm trying to achieve. Platforms are going darker too.

Point motors next I think, anyone know where the cheapest PM1's are??

Thanks for looking, I know its not much of an update but work seems to be getting in the way. Ive got Leave in a week or two so hopefully more modelling time then.

Cheers

Scott

post-6849-127550659143_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Looks like the ideas are coming together Scott, good news about the Powercab bargain! If you are off in a couple of weeks time maybe we can arrange a visit to Exford if you're not too busy playing?

Sorry, I meant to say when I bought my PM1s I got them from The Signal Box. I bought 35 in one go and they worked out the cheapest at that time.

Just a quick update, I have just had 18 point motors delivered from The signal box, so that will be the next job. I'm not sure if I should go for DCC operation or wire them with switches.

Having used the DCC method on Leaford I do like it, and it appears fairly easy to wire up. However with the old control panel way it would be quicker to change points and easier to know which one you are changing without having to remember numbers...

Decisions decisions.... Its all new to me this motorised point thing, im used to running up and down to change them by hand....

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick update, I have just had 18 point motors delivered from The signal box, so that will be the next job. I'm not sure if I should go for DCC operation or wire them with switches.

Having used the DCC method on Leaford I do like it, and it appears fairly easy to wire up. However with the old control panel way it would be quicker to change points and easier to know which one you are changing without having to remember numbers...

Decisions decisions.... Its all new to me this motorised point thing, im used to running up and down to change them by hand....

Cheers

Scott

Wait until you've had a play with Exford to try the 'other way', although with the size of your shed/layout not sure if you want to be tied to a control panel. However, don't forget to go DCC with them you'll need the point/accessory decoders at 40 quid(ish) a pop to control 4 motors, with 50 odd point motors that wasn't an option for me!

See you tomorrow

• 1 month later...

Hi Scott,

Here are a few pics of 37408 at Weymouth taken 23.7.94 at this point I think 37408 was about the last Large Logo 37/4 left. The Eastfeild Mutt has been removed from one side but I wouldn't worry about that.

Any news on the layout front? or is it to hot out in the shed at the moment, my brother said its been quite warm recently.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-127883209789.jpg

post-7022-127883216891.jpg

post-7022-127883225841_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pictues Peter, I really appreciate them. I need to get dome egional stock too.

As for the layout, it is going ok thanks, the problem I have is that it still hasn't clicked for me yet and once again teh track relaying team have been in! I haven't posted for a while as I don't wan't to bore people with my "I'm now going to do this" episodes.

The plan is when I finally have something I'm 100% happy with then I will update with pictures.

I am buildinga Royal Mail terminal though, so I may post that on here when its done. It wont be to the standard of many on here bt it will be my first attempt at scratchbuilding rather than kit bashing.

Thanks for the interest, and your brother is right its been scorchio down here in the south.

Regards

Scott

See, thats why I'm not posting about it at the moment, no support from fellow modellers! :lol:

I'm thinking of doing a railtrack training centre layout, that way I can rip up the track and relay as often as I like! :P

Its all top secret at the moment, even I don't even know. A single track branch line is very possible with the way things are going.

Who Knows??????????????????????????????

Cheers

Scott

Ps, it wont be a coaching stock depot, they are too common.. ;)

• RMweb Gold

I'm thinking of doing a railtrack training centre layout, that way I can rip up the track and relay as often as I like!

Ah two lengths of track a set of points and two short stubby signals?

I can't wait to see the shunting possibilities laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hi Scott

Your layout plans are downsizing more and more,why not settle for a box file like Pilot Road! :P

If your thinking along the lines of a branch terminus,a goods facility for Speedlink (if BR 1980s) or enterprise(if EWS 2000s) would add interest,

Regards

Lewis

Scott, the layout in the position it is right now justifies the need to carry on, It looks great and will be a fun and interesting layout to play on once complete. I walked away from mine for a few months and had doubts. Keep up the good work on yours, Im looking forward to seeing more of it...

Regards,

Leon.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a while since I gave an update, the good news is that things are progressing well, as I stated previously the station plan has gone out the window and Bocott Depot and eastbury sidings has materialised.

Situated just outside Westbury, Eastbury sidings are an overspill of the main yards at Westbury. The depot used to be a wagon works but when Westbury depot closed, Bocott was upgraded to act as a stabling point for locos operating in the area. The land that the original Westbury depot was on was worth more to developers which is why it went. (this is all in scotts world by the way)

Track is down on the main board, which includes the depot and sidings, Point motors have been fitted within the depot and are all working well, they are DCC operated.

I have started to ballast the sidings and commence some scenery too.

The garage is a mess at the moment with bits everywhere so not many photos, I did manage to find a bit of space so took 3 photos, they show the same loco an the same siding but I was just seeing how it looked.

There will be more to follow hopefully in the next few weeks.

56049 shut down for the weekend

post-6849-128014144773_thumb.jpg

post-6849-12801414866_thumb.jpg

post-6849-128014151077_thumb.jpg

Archived