Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Locomotive Line-ups

Good Afternoon,

I've had a look around and couldn't find a similar topic so I thought I'd start my own, on a different forum it was quite successful. The idea is to display a line up of your favourite, most numerous or even just important to you locomotives. Scenery & setting do not matter its a chance to showcase your own favourite(s) to others. Big or small, Steam, Diesel or Electric - it doesn't matter.

I'll start the ball rolling.

Terrier-Fest!

I own ten Terriers all with different liveries and slightly different details.

P1010154.jpg

Left to Right

No. 44 "Fulham", No. 2662, No. 40 "Brighton", No. 2635, No. W11, No. 55 "Stepney" (With Face), No. 32635 "Brighton Works", No. 32662 and No. 32640. What i had also found after taking the photos is that I was missing one, a further rummage around the box produced No. 41 "Piccadilly" which hasn't been photographed

P1010152.jpg

"Fulham", "Brighton" & "Brighton Works" head up the Terrierfest!

Still a few variants I need to collect a L&SWR Green, Malachite Green version, "Southern" Austerity Black with Sunshine Lettering, K&ESR Blue and of course dreaded GWR Green. I think the Southern Black version I will need to modify myself, so I might attempt a Golden Arrow Bunker Alteration at the same time for some variety in the breed. Perhaps I'll get a couple of GWR ones and hack them about - not to worry its the wrong shade of green anyway.

I look forward to seeing other peoples line ups!

Cheers,

~ Matloughe

I like this idea, Matloughe. I like the Terriers too. i have only one of those, a Dapol one dating back a few years, which is a good runner but very buzzy - it is sufficiently good that I fitted it with a DCC decoder, though.

Some years ago I decided to line up all the BR Standard types I had at the time. There are a couple of cheats here though: the Ivatt 2-6-2T represents an 84000 and the 4MT 2-6-0 is a part assembled Airfix/Dapol kit on a Branchlines chassis (Bachmann subsequently brought out their RTR version, which I now also own). The Britannia has been sold and I haven't (yet) replaced it with the newer version from Hornby. Ditto the 9F; I'd like to replace that with the Bachmann model eventually.

The 3MT 2-6-2T also predates the recent Bachmann model; it is a detailed Triang model.

Others are a Bachmann Std 5 (I actually have three of these), a Bachmann Std 4 (original split chassis version), and a Bachmann Std 4 2-6-4T.

AlltheStandardClasseslinedup1mod800.jpg

That class 15 diesel in the background is a Dave Alexander kit and predates the release of the Heljan model.

One of these days, I'll do a line up of all of my Lima and Hornby class 73s - I have eight working with around 12 bodies available (easily clipped on and off).

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Dodgy mobile phone shot.

A rough guess at about 24,000hp for the prototype...........

post-408-0-66404100-1319931869_thumb.jpg

Not quite prototypical mixing 60044/059 (and 47802 in early DRS) , but hey, I like them.

Cheers,

Mick

I called at my mates house in Manchesterr recently. For the last ten years I have been building the 'odd' industrial for him as he could not find anyone else daft enough to make them for him (and I hate building locos, much prefer coaches). We lined them all up and the count in now 15!!!!

Time to start charging him.

Mike Wiltshire

post-9992-0-06577100-1319996747_thumb.jpg

Back in the 70's as a teenager with his first camera, trips to Longsight on a Sunday became the norm. One line up was on a Sunday afternoon at the end of the carriage shed with locos attached to trains waiting for the power to go back on after engineering works. If you modelled this, no one would believe it.

Regards

MIke Wiltshire

post-9992-0-42791300-1319997640_thumb.jpg

For some reason I'd love to see a line up of 4MT tanks on shed. I remember seeing a photo of a line-up of a few at the Severn Valley quite some time ago (I think). Does anyone know much about that event?

Whilst its not in the Bluebell's best interest to have all three of theirs running, it would be a spectacle!

I don't have any photos on my laptop but I could show my own terrier collection, currently numbering 11, ranging from Stepney and Boxhill from the original Dapol range up to the more recent, glossy releases of Piccadilly and Brighton Works. I don't really intend to extend this collection unless Hornby release Fenchurch in a livery in which it has run in preservation as the half-way house A1/A1x condition doesn't really cut it for me anymore. I have Hornby's latest malachite IoW offerings, obviously having the wrong bunkers. They have a little less sentimental value than the others so I'm considering doing some modifications to them.

I'll have to see what I can come up with, probably be 37's and 47's. - It'll only be a medium size stud but we all have to start somewhere.

It's only eight loco's

D6736, in green - Hornby (possibly 20-25 years old)

47 555, in blue - Lima

47 709, in scotRail - Lima

60 xxx, in (currently) Railfreight - Lima

60 xxx, in (currently) Railfreight - Lima

47 716, in Scotrail - Hornby

47 432, in 'Weathered' LLB - Hornby

37 424, in Triple Grey - Hornby

I've got an old Triang 37 somewhere, and a "post office liveried" Hornby 47 in my loft.

All I need now is a suitable place to run them all! :D

post-3516-0-56079000-1320634647_thumb.png

post-3516-0-32837800-1320635156_thumb.png

Back in the 70's as a teenager with his first camera, trips to Longsight on a Sunday became the norm. One line up was on a Sunday afternoon at the end of the carriage shed with locos attached to trains waiting for the power to go back on after engineering works. If you modelled this, no one would believe it.

Regards

MIke Wiltshire

Mike.

I'll raise you three

Longsight 26 Dec 1982.

post-1161-0-51088700-1320788694.jpg

Archived