Kernow Newsletter hinting at Surprise Releases For Warley

Ian J.

• RMweb Premium

I've just read Kernow's email newsletter, sent out a day early, and it says:

The weekly newsletter is a day early this week as we will be travelling up to Warley National Model Railway Exhibition tommorrow. We expect to receive some surprise releases from Bachmann at the show so keep an eye out!

Is this the big announcement that Andy Y alluded to in his status update I wonder?

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps it is the limited edition 2H unit?

That's my guess.

The wording of the newsletter says "some surprise releases from Bachmann at the show", which suggests something that is not already in the shops. The Desiro, Farish CEP, GWR ROD etc. have already been released and are in Kernow's newsletter, so they would not be a surprise. And releases (plural) implies more than one, which would also tie in with different 2H units in the first batch.

But it could be something else. After all, Bachmann managed to keep the NRM specials quiet, so why not Kernow?

• RMweb Gold

Would be nice if it is the 205, especially as I have a Connex one on order. Website does say delivery expected late 2011 / early 2012 so who knows.

If not then something from the normal range in an unannounced livery, blue Desiro???

Not long to find out how wrong I am :P

Suprise announcements can only mean the unnexpected. Possibly Hornby's pronouncements a few weeks ago have spurred Bachmann into taking the initiative, striking while the irons hot, and hitting home with locos that are already in the Hornby 'long-in-the-tooth' stable with the ultimate LMS Black Five and the ultimate LMS 2P 4-4-0. Plus a BR 78XXX 2-6-0, a Thompson A2-3 Pacific, an GER J15 and a GWR 2-8-0T.

I know people won't think I'm wish-listing.................. :angel:

Archived