The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

I saw a poster on a station showing a car drivers view of the traffic jam ahead and the BR slogan was "IT really is quicker by train". Beside it was a Beeching poster informing passengers their line was to close!

(Luckily passengers put up a good fight and the line is still open and thriving today).

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

In the realms of "no photo but firmly in the memory" is a large and very simply-worded poster for the Daily Telegraph dating to about 1963.

"Daily Telegraph - Best For Reading"

You can guess which station that appeared on ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In the realms of "no photo but firmly in the memory" is a large and very simply-worded poster for the Daily Telegraph dating to about 1963.

"Daily Telegraph - Best For Reading"

You can guess which station that appeared on ;)

There is a pic of the same or similar ad on the side of one of their corporation trolleybuses.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple from Durango in Colorado.

The first fits with the tag on this topic `Stating the obvious`, since the Durango and Silverton runs beside the road.

post-1771-0-51931900-1381980355.jpg

and this notice is in the D&SNGR museum. I don`t know if it`s genuine or not, but there was nothing saying it wasn`t real :

post-1771-0-98898700-1381980450.jpg

• Like 6

Many years ago, I worked for a company that was awash with motivational phrases. Even the loo did not escape: in there, over the washbasins was a sign thaat declared 'Think!'.

Some wag wrote alongside the washbasins "Thoap!'

Many years ago, a company I worked for went 'all motivational', with signs everywhere exhorting you to work better. Even the gents loo got one: in huge red letters it said 'THINK!'.

Some wag put up a smaller hand-written sign by the wash basin: "THOAP'!

Many years ago, I worked for a company that was awash with motivational phrases. Even the loo did not escape: in there, over the washbasins was a sign thaat declared 'Think!'.

A thlip-up, David?

• RMweb Gold

Did you have an Igor working there?

• Like 1

This was in Cabo St Lucas, Mexico a couple of weeks ago.

attachicon.gif220 - Copy.JPG

Somehow can't see this sign outside lloyds chemist on Sandy Market square.........

Or,....to be appearing on a Nachos' menu, near you.

(Wos I born 20 years too soon,?....or what ??)