Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium

Just had an e-mail from my broadband supplier.

Strap line

"Why watch the same old stuff, when you can watch football"

Which suggests to me that football is as just as boring as "same old stuff"

Likewise as I couldn't care less about football on TV, watching the "Same old stuff" is infinitely more preferrable.

:jester:

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

The ones that make me smile are the "check your tyre pressures" signs, a tad difficult at 70mph!

Mike.

Unless you have remote reading ones.............(some cars do)

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, melmerby said:

29 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

As does my car.

Pedantically, they are therefore already being checked!

Mike.

So what do you do if it indicates you are rapidly losing pressure in a tyre while doing 70mph on a motorway?

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

And what a total pain they are too. Mine are far too sensitive and the warning light is always coming on. The first few times I rapidly stopped assuming I had a puncture but evidently a cold tyre warming up as you drive is enough to change the pressure and set the alarms off. It has been wrong every time and that's 20+ occasions. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

use to love the the signs on the M74 in Scotland giving you a web address for road traffic information. then they it was changed a phone number. Now it's a radio station.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

I suppose technically it is smarter than your average motorway, still seems rather dumb to me!

I can't understand the principal of putting the word "Smart" as a prefix when it still relies on humans to use them! 

Since I have acquired a smart phone I have accidently dialled more numbers and sent more gibberish texts thanks to predictive text!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

I can't understand the principal of putting the word "Smart" as a prefix when it still relies on humans to use them! 

Since I have acquired a smart phone I have accidently dialled more numbers and sent more gibberish texts thanks to predictive text!

Precisely why I have disabled productive tarts ;)

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

'Smart' has the same use as the word 'Democratic' in the old name for East Germany, The German Democratic Republic.

e.g. "Shyte"?

It's in many country's official name:

"The Peoples Democratic Republic of," which invariably means authoritarian rule.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

Exactly, you can guarantee that it is not the People's, not Democratic, and not a Republic.  Except in the sense that the old Soviet republics were republics; you could vote for any Communist Party candidate you liked.  Come to think of it, our system is much the same except that you get to vote for any Capitalist candidate you like.

I used to be a cynic, but it didn't do any good...

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2