The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
On 13/12/2023 at 01:38, Martino said:

Thereafter we used to threaten first and second form boys who’d displeased us that we’d put their fingers in the toaster as a punishment.

Fingers?

Really?

What a genteel set of prefects you must have been.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
On 13/12/2023 at 15:03, Hroth said:

Obviously the cable wasn't frayed or have obvious breakages and the correct termination was securely fitted.

Genuine PAT criteria for cables...

In the last place I worked, we never PAT tested anything (Even though I have a PAT testing qually), but then again its quite tricky PAT testing DML's...

That Dangerous Mains Leads, we had a whole selection of mains leads with the outer insulation removed in sections before the connector that plugged into the item that you were testing, so that we could get quick and easy current readings to see how they needed to be balanced on our mains supply....

Andy G

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

11 hours ago, Hroth said:

Until the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse.

6 hours ago, Nick C said:

Shush, that's not supposed to be public knowledge yet...

I thought it was already happening? Oh, silly me - it's called "celebrity culture". 🙄🙄🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

I thought it was already happening? Oh, silly me - it's called "celebrity culture". 🙄🙄🤦‍♂️

Been going on for years in my local shopping street, every Thursday.  Methadrone clinic day...

• Friendly/supportive 3

Ah. It must be "once a year Christmas drinkers" time for that to reappear!

Like many seasoned boozers I totally avoid the pubs around this time of year if I can help it. Surprising how many people don't actually know how to order drinks.

Worst ones are those that start a queue when there are half a dozen staff spread out behind the bar!

• Like 2