The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium

That's the Pound Shop trick.

Items priced at £1 look like a bargain, but actually work out more expensive than the same item bought in differing weight/quantity/packaging in other stores.

There quite often seem to be items in special weight packs to bring them down to a £1 per pack

Thorntons sweets come to mind, in pack sizes you don't see in Thorntons shops!

Keith

Somewhere in New England [no photo I'm afraid] at the entry to a cul de sac bordering a cemetery  the sign DEAD END.

Have to add that DEAD END is a common equivalent to cul de sac in the USA, they don't do French!

Edward

• 2 weeks later...

"Polli" sounds very inauthentic for Mexican, perhaps that's why she needs the sign?

It was the only Mexican restaurant in town - if you wanted Mexican, that was it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a recently installed post just down the road from me, with nothing attached to it. Was it one that was put up in the wrong place by the contractors setting up the new speed limit, and left there? Or am I unwittingly committing some heinous offence every time I pass it?

• RMweb Premium

Seriously?

gallery_23636_3345_18922.jpg

I've seen similar signs, but its of a fold down construction and its clear that it serves an entirely different function.

On Phillip Island, where they have the Motorcycle Grand Prix annually and the traffic flows are modified.

Edit to add.

Here's an example, with the blue line visible.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/legoblock/5969037200/

Edited by kevinlms