The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

2) Wrong side of the road for Canada...

Doesn't look like there's a right side of the road.

Other than that, why wouldn't you obey it?

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

This one appeared on my Facebook timeline - but I question its authenticity...

attachicon.gifjust-speed-up-a-bit-you-got-this-11180148.png

1) The sign?

2) Wrong side of the road for Canada...

The text is fake obviously but on mountain roads in Alberta and BC it is common to repeat warning signs on both sides. Washouts like that are fairly common. Looking into the distance you can see the road is closed. Likely someone from a road crew snapped the pic and photoshop did the rest. Still funny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

From the Southern terms and conditions for wifi:

post-18810-0-56630300-1539869840_thumb.jpg

But threatening behaviour and sudden movements are presumably OK if I'm not using the wifi at the time.

I am struggling to think why somebody would have thought of adding this into the rules.

• RMweb Premium

From the Southern terms and conditions for wifi:

attachicon.gifsuddenmovement.jpg

But threatening behaviour and sudden movements are presumably OK if I'm not using the wifi at the time.

I am struggling to think why somebody would have thought of adding this into the rules.

Would be nice if you didn't have to correct their spelling of behaviour.

• RMweb Gold

We do know what type of traction we're driving but the signallers don't always know, Tops can be wrong sometimes - in the case of a last minute loco change he / she could set the wrong route and a driver take it, it still happens on the odd occasion.

sorry to go back a few months but just spotted the posts about the 'electric locos' sign at reading, the test trains ive worked if you have "mentor" in your formation and its testing then the train is classed as electric hauled despite it being diesels both ends, so from that point of view if i knew i was heading towards the westbury lines (even to do a shunt or change ends) id be wanting confirmation from the guy on mentor that the pan had been dropped

and yes i have ran it off the wires too! not my fault but booked into the bay platform at darlington with a conductor driver, stopped the loco at the block, looked up and thought "oh !@£# there's no wires" looked back to see mentor thankfully with the pan dropped, unfortunately it had actually raised to its maximum height before dropping, as i walked back there were alarms and buzzers going off all over the place and the pantograph was unable to be reset, turned out the tech should have dropped it about 1/2 south of the station but was on his phone and forgot so i never got a rollocking for it

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...