The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium

The dot matrix displays on the main roads into Cardiff display the following message on some busy days: 

"Use all City centre car parks".

Consecutively or serially?

Similar to announcements on trains that passengers should be in coaches 1 to 4 in order to alight at the next station. All of them at once?

Similar to announcements on trains that passengers should be in coaches 1 to 4 in order to alight at the next station. All of them at once?

And some road markings telling us to 'use both lanes' - so drive straddling the white line?

• Like 1

Like the announcement on trains "Will customers (yuck) please take all their belongings with them when they alight" If I had all my possessions with me it would take all day to get off the train and anyway, how did I get them all on there in the first place?

steve

• Like 1

Like the announcement on trains "Will customers (yuck) please take all their belongings with them when they alight" If I had all my possessions with me it would take all day to get off the train and anyway, how did I get them all on there in the first place?

steve

That's why I never say 'all'.

• Like 4

So we should leave some behind.

Isn't the English language wonderful. :)

I normally announce "Please take a moment to look around and ensure you have collected your belongings" Particularly when terminating. Saves a trip to lost property, which may cut into my break time. At Weymouth or Weston during the summer, I may add "and children" as I once had one left on the train. While the platform staff and myself wondered who to call, the mother came running back, rather embarrassed, to collect him/her.

• RMweb Premium

We had a child minder get on the train and leave three kids on the platform. It was our fault (Network Rail) for her doing so, as she was also begging us not to report her....

Andy G