RMWeb Taunton Members Day 2012 - full line up now announced!

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Good stuff BD. I'll be arriving (I hope) courtesy of FGW just after lunch on Saturday and after booking into my digs I plan to make my way to Bishops Lydeard by bus for the 5pm meet. I wonder if I might be slightly cheeky and cadge a lift back to Norton Fitzwarren with someone for the evening bunfight? I promise I know what deodorant is!

• RMweb Gold

Just to confirm that I've booked a table in The Cross Keys, Norton Fitzwarren (that's the pub on the corner by the junction of the main road to Williton & Minehead, with the local road to Norton Fitzwarren village and beyond) for 7.30 pm, in my name.

Re: lifts back to NFW after the Bishops Lydeard session on BGP, yes, as Graham has said, there will doubtless be vehicles with spaces in them.

On the Sunday morning, I'd just like to reiterate that general opening to 'punters' is 1000 hrs, and it would be appreciated if folk could not turn up excessively earlier than that, unless you are exhibiting, demonstrating or by other prior arrangement/PM with myself (if anyone turns up too early, they will probably be given a job to do!.... :P :yes: Obviously the main reason for this is to ensure that all setting up and other preparations can be done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Many thanks.

• RMweb Gold

I will have room for one passenger from Lydeard back to The Cross Keys (can't manage more as there will, I hope, be a piece of railway occupying the space behind the front seats).

BTW I do hope we'll see more RMweb folk prepared to have a go with BGP this year - only a few of us actually operated trains last year while others watched (or played with their fancy A4 and its pretty coaches).

• RMweb Gold

Retail update

Well, the bad news is that Dave Harding of The Model Shop, Exeter, is ill and cannot now attend on Sunday. Dave has pneumonia and I'm sure we all wish him all the best for a swift recovery.

But, the good news is that Chris Trerise of Kernow Model Rail Centre has kindly agreed to beef-up his presence, so as well as bringing a selection of Kernow current and future special edition models etc., Chris will now be bringing stock for sale as well. Chris asks me to remind you that this won't be the usual full selection that he and his team would normally provide at a full-blown exhibition, but he will be bringing items he thinks will be popular.

If, however, there is anything specific you would like Chris to bring for you, please can you let him know at Kernow Model Rail Centre during this week.

Just to confirm that I've booked a table in The Cross Keys, Norton Fitzwarren (that's the pub on the corner by the junction of the main road to Williton & Minehead, with the local road to Norton Fitzwarren village and beyond) for 7.30 pm, in my name.

Re: lifts back to NFW after the Bishops Lydeard session on BGP, yes, as Graham has said, there will doubtless be vehicles with spaces in them.

On the Sunday morning, I'd just like to reiterate that general opening to 'punters' is 1000 hrs, and it would be appreciated if folk could not turn up excessively earlier than that, unless you are exhibiting, demonstrating or by other prior arrangement/PM with myself (if anyone turns up too early, they will probably be given a job to do!.... :P :yes: Obviously the main reason for this is to ensure that all setting up and other preparations can be done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Many thanks.

Hi,

You've probably said this I can't see it, but what sort of time will it be down at Bishops Lydeard for the BGP session? Just so we know what time to load up and set off!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

You've probably said this I can't see it, but what sort of time will it be down at Bishops Lydeard for the BGP session? Just so we know what time to load up and set off!

Simon

OK, no problem - Bishops Lydeard session, with Taunton Model Railway Group and 'Bath Green Park' is from 1700 hrs to 1900 hrs on Saturday 28th April, with the pub session at The Cross Keys, Norton Fitzwarren from 1930 hrs.

• RMweb Gold

Retail update

Well, the bad news is that Dave Harding of The Model Shop, Exeter, is ill and cannot now attend on Sunday. Dave has pneumonia and I'm sure we all wish him all the best for a swift recovery.

But, the good news is that Chris Trerise of Kernow Model Rail Centre has kindly agreed to beef-up his presence, so as well as bringing a selection of Kernow current and future special edition models etc., Chris will now be bringing stock for sale as well. Chris asks me to remind you that this won't be the usual full selection that he and his team would normally provide at a full-blown exhibition, but he will be bringing items he thinks will be popular.

If, however, there is anything specific you would like Chris to bring for you, please can you let him know at Kernow Model Rail Centre during this week.

And Chris is fully up to speed on this - I have just ordered a 'complete' freight train, ready weathered except for brake van :O , for him to bring up from Cornwall for delivery at Taunton. Saves me bringing loco & stock etc from this end provided I don't get lynched for taking stuff out of a box for use on the modular railway.

• RMweb Premium

I'm sorry to learn of Dave Harding's incapacity and wish him well. Chris Trerise is a busy boy though - I have just returned from another modelling event featuring his layout Lostwithiel and a modest selection of stock. The van might return to Camborne empty if he's lucky!

I shall be there. After safe travels from the Land of Downunder I am staying on a farm near Holsworthy for the week with a hired car. My route will be via Hatherleigh, Credton and the M5 and with three spare seats. If that helps anyone please PM me via the site. I intend to be there all day between around 10 - 4 and could do shuttle trips from and to Taunton station if needed.

• RMweb Gold

I'm sorry to learn of Dave Harding's incapacity and wish him well. Chris Trerise is a busy boy though - I have just returned from another modelling event featuring his layout Lostwithiel and a modest selection of stock. The van might return to Camborne empty if he's lucky!

Good point there Rick - Chris is wondering about what to bring to Taunton and I'm sure as much pre-ordering as possible would be a big help in ensuring the van goes back west a lot lighter than on its trip eastwards.

• RMweb Gold

I shall be there. After safe travels from the Land of Downunder I am staying on a farm near Holsworthy for the week with a hired car. My route will be via Hatherleigh, Credton and the M5 and with three spare seats. If that helps anyone please PM me via the site. I intend to be there all day between around 10 - 4 and could do shuttle trips from and to Taunton station if needed.

And the display boards will be available for you to use, when you arrive Rick! :)

Obviously the main reason for this is to ensure that all setting up and other preparations can be done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Many thanks.

The Captain's parsnips need to be washed and peeled. I heard there's about a hundred weight in the Captain's rucksack.

Some may call it a train wreck Chris!! ;-D

I'll do my best to put on a good performance!! By all means bring some of your efforts down and i'll be more than happy to assist with any advice that I can give, we'll have at least one iron hot and hopefully at least 1 good head out of 4 potentially sore ones!!

Best Wishes

Paul

Archived