RMWeb Taunton Members Day 2012 - full line up now announced!

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

We will be coming along as well, although might have hangovers from a Busy Sat night! - We are gigging at the Black Dog in Broadmayne - just outside Dorchester - which I reckon is an hour away.

How will we identify fellow RmWebbers who we have spoken to over the years, but never met?

Looking forward to it.

Neal.

• RMweb Gold

How will we identify fellow RmWebbers who we have spoken to over the years, but never met?

Neal - we normally have some sticky labels and a marker pen on one of the tables for folk to write their own name badge...

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

One more thing to think about regarding Taunton on Sunday - the weather is expected to be very wet and windy - anyone contemplating a walk from the station is advised to dress accordingly and bring an umbrella!

Any smokers visiting the event might like to bring an umbrella as well, as there is not much room in what passes for a 'front porch'... :)

• RMweb Gold

So, what are nembers most looking forward to at the party this weekend ? Meeting old friends and making new ones ? The chance to see some superb layouts up close ? The pasties !?

For me, one of the highlights will be seeing how Sidecar Racer gets an 8 ft fiddle yard in a Smart Four-Two ! :P

Unfortunately Chillington Basin will still be in the 'electronic development' stage rather than paper-plan/mock-up stage but I'll happily bore the pants off folk with it. I will set the PC up and grab some snaps of the layouts and do some 'processing' of images so that people can see what goes into building up images for MI. I'll also have some sneak preview images for future MIs with me which may be of interest to some folk.

I'll introduce folk to our other team members; Richard Wilson, BRM's editorial assistant, Chris Dufill, the guy behind MRL and all the video content and Steve Cole, Brand Editor for BRM, MRL and RMweb who will be more than happy to talk about the magazine and your thoughts and maybe some snippets about future developments. He will be searched on entry to make sure he's not smuggling in any excess exclamation marks and monitored so that he doesn't break out into an advertising break halfway through a conversation. ;) Chris will also try and produce some video material from the day to capture the feel of the day for us all.

After doing some photo work I'll catch up with folk at Bishops Lydeard in the evening; although the weather forecast for Sunday looks a bit grim I'd love to see as many people as possible come over as it least you'll be undercover, entertained and amused on a day when it's not fit to do much else.

• RMweb Gold

Neal - we normally have some sticky labels and a marker pen on one of the tables for folk to write their own name badge...

I'll introduce folk to our other team members; Richard Wilson, BRM's editorial assistant, Chris Dufill, the guy behind MRL and all the video content and Steve Cole, Brand Editor for BRM, MRL and RMweb

You will be able to spot them without a namebadge as they will be in bags...

• RMweb Gold

So, what are nembers most looking forward to at the party this weekend ? Meeting old friends and making new ones ? The chance to see some superb layouts up close ? The pasties !?

Combining a long weekend break in the West Country with meeting many of the characters I've come to admire and occasionally spar with (in the nicest possible way) on RMweb. And, I hope, to spend a convivial and instructive few hours in the company of like-minded souls.

Most importantly, of course, to meet the legend that is Stubby "cardboard is the future" 47... :D

• RMweb Gold

For me the weekend, having attended them all to date, is about the atmosphere, the chat and the friendships (new and old) all surrounded by such high quality modelling.

And I didn't even mention the catering...

I've escaped the bag for the weekend... (but don't tell the wife..)

Looking forward to it - I'll be the one with a video camera surgically attached for the whole day.

• RMweb Premium

For me, one of the highlights will be seeing how Sidecar Racer gets an 8 ft fiddle yard in a Smart Four-Two ! :P

Oh hah flippin hah Mr Hilton , have you thought about being a comedian on your days off . :butcher:

I dont have the Smart any more , but the boards still wont fit into my Seat Ibiza either , so I've

hired a Mercedes C class estate and driver for the day , xD , the things we have to do to provide some entertainment

for people reaches new levels .

I'm looking forward to seeing the other modules and hoping that we have a working set up , I dont see any

problems arising as Tigger and yourself set up some good standards to work to .

It will be good to catch up with all the regular attendees to Taunton and to meet some new ones , and I hope

that I get some time to see the other layouts that are coming and have a chat with folks that are new to this event .

Dont forget that anyone is welcome to bring ' stuff ' to run and also very welcome to have some time driving

on the setup . Instructions are provided . :locomotive:

Now I better see if it all still works ........... :O

• RMweb Premium

I will be easily identified as the one apparently standing on his head wondering why the trains are all upsid down ;)

The wetter forecast is rather uncomplimentary so - based on advice from the area just in - if I am delayed it is because nature has taken over my preferred route. Cars neither swim nor leap fallen trees all that well.

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking forward to seeing some familar faces, having a good old chat with intelligent adults (!) instead of grumpy young kids & being given running rights on the module layout. :)

I'm not looking forward to being ribbed by some folks about my continuing inability to actually make any kind of progress - or even a decision on what to do :P

• RMweb Gold

When mentioning the weather, I should also have warned exhibitors to bring something to cover your valuable layouts etc. when unloading or loading.

The forecast currently looks like this:

post-57-0-44204800-1335525223.jpg

A word with regards to wet coats, umbrellas etc. - I'm not sure yet how we're going to deal with this, but on balance I'm thinking that it would be preferable to keep dripping items out of both of the main halls.

Unfortunately (from memory) there isn't anywhere particularly suitable to drape wet/dripping items, but I will endeavour to think of something before Sunday.... preferably in the entrance hall somewhere...

• RMweb Gold

As well as bring my own mug, I shall in additon to the line up already annouced be displaying again a number of models from my collection, last year my theme was Bulleid not decided yet on this years theme it might be Locomotive Exchanges, maybe perhaps... but I will have most of my collection with to hopefully illustrate any Southern related discussion that crops up.

Archived