RMWeb Taunton Members Day 2012 - full line up now announced!

Captain Kernow

I hope you all have got your waders with you or willing to sleep in the hall tonight. !5mm rain over night and another 21mm so far today.

How many !inches is that? Last Summer during Hurricane Irene we had 7.5inches of rain in 24 hours but some on Long Island had over 15 inches of rain ('cos everything is bigger over here as my Wife keeps reminding me).

Best, Pete.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a great day (again!), superb, it just gets better.

Forget the trains, its just good to meet up!

Capn, take a bow, Andy, likewise as well as all the catering staff.

Now I'm in trouble for eating some rather plumptious cake on the way back and wont be wanting any party food later!

Thanks one and all for a grand day out!! :)

Thanks to Tim and everyone else at Taunton for making Steve, Chris and I so welcome. I was glad to see so many people despite the atrocious weather - though I didn't enjoy their washing up (just kidding!)

I'll try and post a couple of photos later. See you all again next year!

Richard

What a fantastic day, Weather down to Taunton was horrific. But had a brilliant time there met lots of new people and got alot of fantastic advice from people. Also being given the chance to operate such a fantastic layout like Orchard Road was a highlight of the day. Gaining some ideas for the stunning layout Yard Shunter aswell. Infact all the layouts and displays that attended were fantastic. Also enjoying my Cornish pasty was another highlight along with tims (stodge bun)

All in all a fantastic day a big thank you to Captain Kernow and all those involved in organising the day. And to Andy who i had the pleasure of talking to :)

Scott

The thought of the pasty kept me going - if it hadn't been for one with my name on it, the appalling weather would have put me off coming down.

Great day Tim & the team.

As a RM Web Members' Day virgin and didn't know what to expect, I just want to thank Tim and the team for a really enjoyable day. Nice to put faces to names, meet Andy ('Mr R.M. Web' as my wife described him), see some outstanding layouts and enjoy some very pleasant company. Oh, and we thought the pasties were excellent!

Thanks everybody, including the exhibitors who braved the elements to put on a fantastic show.

Will post some photos later.

Stephen

In one word... Brilliant!.... although the pasties ran out before I had a chance to get myself one! Had a couple of chocolate brownies instead... and they were gorgeous.

Couple of photos.... Can't think of a caption for the first, so any offers???

The second is Tom's miniature marvel... only wish I could have got his lamp-shade in.

post-11262-0-45659700-1335724712_thumb.jpg

post-11262-0-05075400-1335724760_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Cant do anything but agree with the other comments , another superb day as we have come to expect from

the good Capt K .

Nice to re-meet some known members and to meet several new ones . It's always nice to meet those we

merely converse with here . And a nice to see you too Rick, AKA Gwiwer , all the way from Aus is really

showing commitment to the cause .

Heres a photo of him .

post-6765-0-97828900-1335724807.jpg

Lots of excellent modelling on show as has become the norm at these events and the first ever

RMweb Modular layout worked very well , so hats off to all those involved in this part of the day and

Stubby for suggesting it in the first place .

Thanks to Tim , sorry to have missed you when we left , all who helped with the catering and to Andy Y

and the BRM folks who came along to support the event .

Now to start a campaign for more module builders for next year ,

Now to wait for the Stafford day to do it all over again .

• RMweb Gold

Thanks again to all who helped make this a really excellent day, particularly those who brought layouts and demonstrations etc.. Just got back home and starting to unpack stuff and generally recover - and it didn't stop raining the whole time that good old Re6/6 drove his trusty Jeep down the M5 to Devon either!

I may not get round to posting my photos for a day or so (there are quite a few of them), but I thought it would be nice to have a seperate thread for the images, a kind of 'Photographic Retrospective' if you like, so I'll start one now.

Oh, and the next Taunton Members Day is already booked for Sunday 28th April 2013...

I may not get round to posting my photos for a day or so (there are quite a few of them), but I thought it would be nice to have a seperate thread for the images, a kind of 'Photographic Retrospective' if you like, so I'll start one now.

Posting as you posted Captain.

Hi all

Thanks Captain Kernow & Andy Y for a great day it was nice to put faces to names. All the layouts was great.Nice to talk to Richard with Orchard Road nice to see it in the flesh.The pastys they were the best i have had for a long time.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Tim (CK), Andy Y and Warners for organising a great day, thanks also to Stu Mike & Mike for running rights on the module layout. I really liked seeing Orchard Lane & Yard Shunter together too - very inspirational. Thanks to anyone else who provided the usual background hints & tips too. It was good to meet up with Marc Smith for the yearly motivational talk too!

As an aside though - did anyone find a Lowe Alpine compact camera case, with an orange lining, possibly around the module layout area - seem to have mislaid mine :(

Just aa very quick post to thank the Captain, the ladies, all the exhibitors and visitors today. possibly the most eclectic and eccentric event it's ever been my pleasure to aattend. back tomorrow!

Archived