RMWeb Taunton Members Day 2012 - full line up now announced!

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

On the matter of mugs, do 'non-exhibitors' need to bring them as well... that is, if coffee is on the 'menu'. I'd much prefer cider with a pasty, though!

Yes, there will be coffee on the menu!

But non-exhibitors do not need to bring mugs - we have plenty of cups and saucers for everyone else, in fact, the catering ladies have specifically asked that non-exhibitors use the cups and saucers provided and do not bring mugs!

I have a terrible cold which I can't see me surviving as I type so low do I feel. Why is my wife so unsympathetic?? Also, I do not have many teeth as my new teeth are not ready until Tuesday. (Dentistry is leagalised torture as far as I am concerned.) But I'll be there. Really looking forward to it,

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

well its that time of year again and i'm about to set off on the long journey down to the deep south, with a stop at my mums tonight. Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a few days away.

See you all tomorrow night/ sunday

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

I have a terrible cold which I can't see me surviving as I type so low do I feel. Why is my wife so unsympathetic?? Also, I do not have many teeth as my new teeth are not ready until Tuesday. (Dentistry is leagalised torture as far as I am concerned.) But I'll be there. Really looking forward to it,

Get well soon old chap.

.......all of those negative waves :nono: .......the power of positive thinking will work wonders! :P

• RMweb Gold

A couple of snaps of the partly sceniced viaduct section that we'll be bringing. Still much to do with the brickwork and the stonework until we're satisfied! The resin cast 'fancy' brickwork and corbels start to bring it all together. All the new fancywork parts and pavilions are temporarily attached at the moment.

post-6728-0-21994500-1335556073.jpg

post-6728-0-91750600-1335556222.jpg

It's been a lovely day down here in deepest, rural East Devon - dry, warm & sunny and I've even managed to cut (some of) the grass.

I've just seen the weather forecast for Sunday . . . .

For the benefit of anyone coming from up-country who hasn't seen it, a few words of advice. Forget the umbrellas - they won't keep the rain off 'cos they won't withstand the gales. They'll be inside out before you've put them up! The best attire will probably be a wet-suit. A kayak should get you from the railway station to the venue in under 10 minutes.

I was planning to bring some spare life-jackets in the back of the car, but I've got a nasty feeling that the river will flood again and I won't be able to get out of the village.

Well, it is 100 years since the Titanic caught one!

Graham

• RMweb Gold

Wall to wall blue skies in West Cornwall too.

BBC forecasts tend yo be 12-24 hours early down here, so Sunday morning could be dry...

6 x cables completed last night, I need to find some more fishplates in the loft, there is more terraforming needed on Corner #2 and #3 atill needs wiring up ( need more chocolate block connectors) .

How many days to go are there ?

Safe journey to all those travelling from afar, see you tomorrow, I'll be the one looking frazzled !

• RMweb Gold

Well, I hope you're all right about the BBC forecast being 12 hours out!.... (but it's started to rain again here in South Devon..). I'm bringing my umbrella, anyway!

One further request to exhibitors arriving to unload on Sunday morning, scarcely needs to be said of course - I am assuming that, in the event of heavy rain, most will want to get their vehicle as close to the front doors to unload, in which case, please move the vehicle away to a parking space once unloading is complete - there's not a huge amount of room at the front of the hall once the car park starts to fill up.

Many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to seing everyone - should be a grand day out!

All these references to the sex pasties are starting to worry me - are they a West Country punk rock band?

• RMweb Premium

'The next departure from Platform 1 will be the 09.00 service to Holsworthy calling at Rownhams, Wimborne, Lyme Regis, Beer, Exeter and Holsworthy. Passengers for Staplegrove are advised to travel on this service which goes forward tomorrow morning to Hatherleigh, Crediton, Tiverton and Staplegrove. First class accommodation is in the front passenger seat. A bring-your-own service of refreshements is offered.'

(All except Staplegrove have or have had actual stations; that at Beer is on the BHLR)

• RMweb Premium

I'm geting ready to run final checks on the fiddle yard and module , sort out what stock to bring for the

early shift of running , and then find something to carry them in , why cant you get empty box's from

supermarkets these days ?

Really looking forward to tomorrow and meeting friends old and new , and having a pasty of course . :locomotive:

Archived