TomE

With the other livery variations:

2 x Royal Plum

WSMR

EWS/DBS Silver

ATW Wales Blue

And alternate EWS versions and various train packs

Hi,

As well as the Chiltern verion (same as the W&S one but without branding) and the 026 in Sliver with Diamond Jubilee branding.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

The silver DB one is the latest version of 67029, they removed the beasties and replaced them with the huge DB logo

The management train has alreay been done by Hornby with ex lima 029 with beasties on, there are plenty of variations to keep Hornby busy for a while

The silver DB one is the latest version of 67029, they removed the beasties and replaced them with the huge DB logo

Is it just me, or do others think it looks pretty awful now? In its previous guise it was probably the best looking of all the 67s - I got a good look at it and took some photos a few years ago when it was on thunderbird duties at Doncaster, and stabled in one of the bay platforms (the usual place in the west yard being full of Wabtec stuff).

Went into the local model shop this morning and they had all 3 67s in the cabinet, along with a couple of 60s. Seeing them together it's clear that the 60 is by far the superior model. I've not bought any 60s as it's a freight loco and my interest is in passenger locos. Still tempted though...

Is it just me, or do others think it looks pretty awful now? In its previous guise it was probably the best looking of all the 67s - I got a good look at it and took some photos a few years ago when it was on thunderbird duties at Doncaster, and stabled in one of the bay platforms (the usual place in the west yard being full of Wabtec stuff).

Went into the local model shop this morning and they had all 3 67s in the cabinet, along with a couple of 60s. Seeing them together it's clear that the 60 is by far the superior model. I've not bought any 60s as it's a freight loco and my interest is in passenger locos. Still tempted though...

I agree, it doesn't look half as good now, it looks really corporate and a bit of a rushed job! The EWS beastie livery isn't in the same league as the DB silver branding, why didn't they paint it in a different livery?

Well I think that there's probably a market for a detailing kit for the Lima/Limby Offering

I have carried out the underframe detailing as per model rail which was a bit of a challenge however doing this on a model costing up to £50 has to be better than forking out £100 + for a Model that needs major rectification works

Craftsman or PH ??

Hiya

2004 they were used on the summer saturday trains to the south west.

67001-@-Bgrove-31-07-04.jpg

(does the roof grill look different in this pic to how they look now or is it just me?)

Cheers

Jim

Cheers for the nice pic. I will be hauling railtours using my Pretendolino rake and old livery Mk2/3 Virgin coaches.

Sutty :)

I have spoken to several significant retailers over the last few weeks on this, none of whom reported receiving any stock back as unsatisfactory or problems with items still in stock so it appears to be an isolated incident despite the reports that QC had taken a dive and problems escalating. It is apparent there were isolated issues with items being shipped in less than perfect condition and I know that's being addressed but from the overall feedback there do not appear to be any problems affecting anything other than a small number of items.

Hi all,

if you have a few pounds to spare you could run this trio around your layout. The 66 was dropped off at Washfordheath and the 67's were used on the next days railtour.

post-4133-0-66720000-1350933951_thumb.jpg

Nice photo, think ill run my DB 67, EWS 67 and EWS 66 in this formation. Maby even throw a DB 37 in for good measure!!!

Sutty :)

It is apparent there were isolated issues with items being shipped in less than perfect condition and I know that's being addressed but from the overall feedback there do not appear to be any problems affecting anything other than a small number of items.

Hi Andy

how is it being addressed are we advised to send the models back to Hornby, haven't seen any advice from Hornby as yet.

cheers

mark

Hi Andy

how is it being addressed are we advised to send the models back to Hornby, haven't seen any advice from Hornby as yet.

cheers

mark

'Addressed' - being discussed with the manufacturing factory at present.

If you have been supplied with a defective product the retailer is bound to issue a refund if a replacement is not available. If that is not available it may be worth contacting Hornby for further advice on whether they can do anything to assist in the circumstances (although legally they're not in a position of obligation they do try to resolve where they can) but if they're unable to do so at present then the default position should be to request a refund from the retailer.

• RMweb Gold

and on a similar vain, i was conducted on this to doncaster via the ECML back in december 2010....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/s-type-driver/06122010063.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/s-type-driver/06122010065.jpg

seems any 67/DVT move i do involves a dvt in a livery Hornby are yet to do!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/s-type-driver/2012%20album/2012-07-16104515.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Producing "current" liveries in this day and age is always a risky business - by the time the models get to the shops the livery is often no more and so fewer modellers want them and they remain unsold...

You'd think the manufacturer's would try and do something about it when the models are based on existing tooling...

• RMweb Gold

I sitll have to find thecorrect size numbers to go on my N scale blue and white DVT. However it has now been repainted into the silver and grey colours, so already out of date!!

and its got a gen set fitted now with its new door panels, my debranded wrexham/chiltern DVT is out of date too!

Archived