Hornby Class 67

TomE

As the 67 appears to have been originally earmarked for the 2011 announcement, only to be pulled at the last minute, it's no surprise to see that it's at a fairly advanced stage.

One can only assume that Hornby knew they couldn't deliver it until 2012 and as we now know they had nothing else in the pipeline for 2012 (apart from the late BB), the decision was made to hold over the announcement until 2012, whilst carrying on with development work on this project..

I would like to think they're going to put a full set of working lights into this model, but I expect it will be the usual half measure again?

• RMweb Gold

Does look a good job, underframe could be better but other than that at a first glance Impressive. Would need to have a bit of a closer look at the areas around the grill and the roof profile (areas that Lima royally messed up)

Guess I no longer have the most detailed 4mm scale 67....

(must get my last etches and detailed models sold before the new one appears!)

The roof looks bang on - critically the cab roof - as unlike Lima and even Dapol, Hornby have correctly observed that the uppermost angled panels (ie , the ones either side of the NRN pods) have parrallel edges along thier length - both the Lima and Dapol models have this panel widening towards the end of loco - which throws the pitch and width of all the other roof panels out , most obvious when you view the model head on.

Looks very good - hope Mr Hansons got his laser cutter fired up ready to do something about the windscreens though

Cant wait!!

TFN

Jon

• RMweb Gold

So there is to be an EWS example after all ? if so that should very popular and makeup for the wrexham ones which will no doubt sit on retailers shelves.

Not taken as a given just remove the writing on the Loco & you have a Chiltern one!

• RMweb Premium

So there is to be an EWS example after all ? if so that should very popular and makeup for the wrexham ones which will no doubt sit on retailers shelves.

Although may not be 001 as the RE website shows. One of the major retailers is showing "running number to be advised"

I'll bet 001 (or 002/003) appears on Hornby's 2013 list in Arriva blue.

Cheers,

Mick

Third Qtr is what i have been told is the current plan.

Hi,

I've heard that it is due in the first quarter, along with a couple of other newly annouced models

the wrexham ones which will no doubt sit on retailers shelves.

To be honest, there's no evidence to suggest that until the models hit the shelves

I for one will be ordering at least one W&S example to run on my Aylesbury Depot Layout!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Not taken as a given just remove the writing on the Loco & you have a Chiltern one!

already got the t-cut lined up to do that!

wonder if they will do 67001 weathered up like i saw it in toton a few years back

Image1443.jpg

fresh off the rhtt circuit

Hi,

according to one supplier's website, the locomotive numbers would appear to be:

R3038 67012 W&S 4th Qtr

R3039 67018 DBS 4th Qtr

R3040 67001 EWS 4th Qtr

RRP = £129.99

I do vaguely recall seeing 1st Qtr somewhere else. Given the apparent advancement of the project, I would be surprised if it was as late as the 4th Qtr.

I'm certainly looking forward to this release! They are super little locos - given the Bachmann/Modelzone postal coach project, hopefully the parcels sector will be covered more widely with the introduction of this class of model :)

Cheers,

Ixion.

Edit: catalogue numbers corrected per newbryford's comment - thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

R3048 67012 W&S 4th Qtr

R3049 67018 DBS 4th Qtr

R3050 67001 EWS 4th Qtr

Better check the catalogue numbers - R3038-R3040 seems to be more common.

Cheers,

Mick

I hope they have not used the coupling arrangement in use on the 50s and 60s. I still cannot get my class 60 (which in all other respects is a superb model) to haul a train with a 2 axle wagon leading without derailing the 1st wagon on curves or points.

ROB

Anybody think in time we'll see a "Royal" version?

Martin

Hi,

I can see that the Royal versions will be snapped by a retailer as an over prices limited edition. To be honest I doubt we'll see a production run of Royal 67's

Simon

I hope they have not used the coupling arrangement in use on the 50s and 60s. I still cannot get my class 60 (which in all other respects is a superb model) to haul a train with a 2 axle wagon leading without derailing the 1st wagon on curves or points.

ROB

Well, I certainly won't be buying any if they have. Like you, I have still to come up with a satisfactory solution to the coupling problems on my Hornby 31s, 50s and 56s (documented extensively elsewhere on here). The only real solution I can see at the moment is the complete replacement of the coupling somehow.

Dave

Ofcourse they'll do a one (or two) of the royal locos. Have you noticed that anything with a royal connection gets included in the Hornby range, whether prototypical (6233 and Royal Train) or not (6201 and royal train)! Obviously not a first-round release, but likely to be a sure seller in 2013, when the initial sales have gone through (and first batch bugs ironed out!)

why not, they do it on the ex lima model?

Hi,

It's not that they won't decide to do it, It's that I think it'll be snapped up for a limited edition run before Hornby releases it as a production model.

I could quite easily be wrong though!

Simon

Hi,

R3038 67012 W&S 4th Qtr

R3039 67018 DBS 4th Qtr

R3040 67001 EWS 4th Qtr

RRP = £129.99

I do vaguely recall seeing 1st Qtr somewhere else. Given the apparent advancement of the project, I would be surprised if it was as late as the 4th Qtr.

I'm certainly looking forward to this release! They are super little locos - given the Bachmann/Modelzone postal coach project, hopefully the parcels sector will be covered more widely with the introduction of this class of model :)

Cheers,

Ixion.

Edit: catalogue numbers corrected per newbryford's comment - thanks.

Glad to see a decent Class 67 on the way, but why 67001 for the EWS example? (...or why not, I suppose!)

Archived