EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIANG-Hornby-R1520-CANADIAN-CLASS-08-DIESEL-SWITCHER-/370489383887?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5642e35bcf

What's really "E-bay madness" is that somebody must buy this stuff or how would he stay in business?

Unless he has a bottomless pocket and his stock is ever increasing!

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Don't know if this one has been on before, but at that price I'd expect at least a front number, shedplate and fire iron rack, even from our friend at Cartmel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-MODEL-No32XX-BR-Class-WD-2-8-0-AUSTERITY-LOCO-WEATHERED-CODE-3-/271158736992?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f2251f860

Ah, but it is;

A NEGLECTIVE, HEAVLY WORK STAINED

Mike

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIANG-Hornby-R1520-CANADIAN-CLASS-08-DIESEL-SWITCHER-/370489383887?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5642e35bcf

What's really "E-bay madness" is that somebody must buy this stuff or how would he stay in business?

Unless he has a bottomless pocket and his stock is ever increasing!

Keith

Seems to be uncertain where his photos come from as the main one is also on the Hornby Guide website. 

It's supposed to be Canadian - they don't use them! :jester:

Very rare, but very expensive and very cr@p.

Sold, if I remember correctly, by Simpson Sears in their Christmas catalogs (yes, correct spelling!) a few years ago. As he says, they were usually sold in sets.

In a similar vein, many moons ago Hornby Dublo tried to pass off their Duchess as a CP pacific.

Bought, then as now, by the gullible!

Sold, if I remember correctly, by Simpson Sears in their Christmas catalogs (yes, correct spelling!) a few years ago. As he says, they were usually sold in sets.

In a similar vein, many moons ago Hornby Dublo tried to pass off their Duchess as a CP pacific.

Bought, then as now, by the gullible!

And not very many of them, which is why they're now rare and collectable.

At least Hornby added a headlamp and pilot (still didn't fool anyone!), but you can get repro bits to make a fake your own version.

Edited by Il Grifone

I've got several Lima points. Anyone's welcome to them at €15 each! but what anyone would want that other junk for I couldn't begin to imagine. :jester:

(Sorry didn't notice the points are 0 gauge, mine are H0 so offer withdrawn...)

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

In that case I'm tempted to see how much I could get for this......

post-7191-0-48960500-1365785491.jpg

Edit to point out that it is mint, kit built, professionally weathered, test run and has never been taken out of it's box.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

In that case I'm tempted to see how much I could get for this......

attachicon.gifbanana-001.jpg

The New Measurement Train is often referred to as The Flying Banana............. Your "model" needs wings to be more accurate. :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

In that case I'm tempted to see how much I could get for this......

attachicon.gifbanana-001.jpg

Edit to point out that it is mint, kit built, professionally weathered, test run and has never been taken out of it's box.

Sorry but the green ends are just plain wrong  :yes:

I wonder where they get their prices from.

I wonder if he's related to our other friend from Cartmel ?

£25 tops.

• Like 3

I wonder where they get their prices from.

I wonder if he's related to our other friend from Cartmel ?

£25 tops.

I would agree with £25, unboxed a lot less. Possibly got it mixed up with the later SD6 Restaurant Car, which is rare. That didn't come in crimson and cream however. (Unless the premium is for the red box?)

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold