EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Strictly it can't even be posted to the UK, as it's in Europe! (That only leaves Antarctica!).

Ha, you beat me - how many people were sat there going through countries in their heads to see if they could think of another.

I've emailed sellers a few times to see if they would send to Canada even though they  say UK only. I've been lucky in that every time of asking the seller has agreed - apparently Ebay or the Royal Mail makes it a pain to say Worldwide as you have to put in the various costs - at least that's what I was told. I'm not sure why you would set up your sale the other way around - unless the person selling is new at it I suppose. But then the seller has over 1000 sales... :scratchhead:

Edited by JCL

• RMweb Gold

I've emailed sellers a few times to see if they would send to Canada even though they  say UK only. I've been lucky in that every time of asking the seller has agreed - apparently Ebay or the Royal Mail makes it a pain to say Worldwide as you have to put in the various costs

Yes I've just listed a load of stuff for the 1st time in a few years.  I find it easier just to put UK price in.  If people from US/Canada/Oz/NZ ask then I'm happy to quote a price.  If you put all these places in when you create the listing it's a real PITA as you're then committed to putting in prices for each and every area.

Not necessarily madness (depending on your viewpoint) but I haven't seen one of these for a while.  IIRC there's also a 56xx in this genre (ie models planned but never introduced by Hornby).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Hornby-DUBLO-3-RAIL-LTD-EDITION-LNER-V2-GREEN-ARROW-EXLNT-BOXED-/360685396694?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53fa8662d6

Yes, the GWR 56XX 0-6-2 Tank loco was also made by Mr. Fosters group...

I'm not sure the Motor Bogie in the Pullman Brake is a Tri-ang one. Possibly the Kitmaster motor? (1st Link.)

The single unit is not a bad idea....(2nd Link.)

One for the swashbucklers out there, a Fairbank tank.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-00-32-876-BR-Black-Fairbank-2-6-4-Tank-Loco-No-80061-DCC-Ready-ECIB-/321156709155?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ac66e7b23

Not a bad price but I've already got 2 and a Stanier 2-6-4 and an L1 2-6-4

I don't know about the price but I do know it's not a Fairburn tank it's a Standard 4 in a Fairburn box.

• RMweb Premium

That's the worst feedback record I have ever seen by a huge margin! :O

In which case you never saw the 'legend' that was the infamous 'Aldo1080' from a few years back!!!

• Like 1

Yes, the GWR 56XX 0-6-2 Tank loco was also made by Mr. Fosters group...

I'm not sure the Motor Bogie in the Pullman Brake is a Tri-ang one. Possibly the Kitmaster motor? (1st Link.)

The single unit is not a bad idea....(2nd Link.)

I would agree it's not a Tri-ang motor bogie. I'll check my Kitmaster one (if I can get to it - there's a load of stuff in the way). They are very similar, except the Kitmaster is rather puny. Mine came with a K's GWR Diesel Railcar - no chance!

• RMweb Gold

That has to be a collectors' market price. More modern model GP38s, or at least GP38-2s, are available, with infinitely better detail. That model is an '80s design, if not earlier, and comes from Roco. The split in the fuel tank was always disappointing - but that was part of the body-chassis connection, I think. If it's in good nick, it will run beautifully. They also did a GP40. I had both, but not in DT&I livery. ISTR Model Railroader staffer Jim Hediger had a DT&I layout.